Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

withdrawing cash from BOI

Options
  • 17-01-2016 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

What is the minimum about you can withdraw over the counter?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to the Talk To..Bank of Ireland forum where fellow BOI customers and staff can give you advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Hi fire_man,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

If you contact one of our branches you can withdraw up to €5000.00 from your account without having to provide any notice. However if you require a higher amount, you would have to give 24hr notice.

Please see the link below for contact information on our branches.
    https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/branch-locator/

Have a good day and if there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Thanks
    Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭fire_man

Hi fire_man,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

If you contact one of our branches you can withdraw up to €5000.00 from your account without having to provide any notice. However if you require a higher amount, you would have to give 24hr notice.

Please see the link below for contact information on our branches.
    https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/branch-locator/

Have a good day and if there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Thanks
    Helen
    Thanks but my question was what is the least amount you can withdraw?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,602 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Strange question.

If you can withdraw up to 5k, then I assume it would be any amount, but why would you want to go into a branch to withdrawn 50c or €1?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

NIMAN wrote: »
    Strange question.

If you can withdraw up to 5k, then I assume it would be any amount, but why would you want to go into a branch to withdrawn 50c or €1?
    The reason he is asking is because, last year they said that it would be a minimum withdrawel of 700 euros for over the counter transaction...anything less than that you'd have to use your atm card....not sure if its put in place yet though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭fire_man

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Strange question.

The reason he is asking is because, last year they said that it would be a minimum withdrawel of 700 euros for over the counter transaction...anything less than that you'd have to use your atm card....not sure if its put in place yet though!
    yes exactly, I am talking €100 or €200 for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

The min for the counter is 700 I think, the cash machines in branch will dispense notes for amounts less than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Hi fire_man,

Sorry I misread your post. The minimum amount you can withdraw from the cashier in any Bank of Ireland branch is €700.00. You can withdraw funds under this amount from any ATM.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Helen

Advertisement