Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking those rose tinted glasses.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There's a big difference between the expectations and world view of a 14 year old and a 30 year old. People change massively during their lives so that going to have a huge bearing on your differing perceptions. People you would have thought were cool as a child now look like children to you now.

Also FF8 probably was amazing at the time, the best that could be done. You're expectations have changed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

ScumLord wrote: »
    There's a big difference between the expectations and world view of a 14 year old and a 30 year old. People change massively during their lives so that going to have a huge bearing on your differing perceptions. People you would have thought were cool as a child now look like children to you now.

Also FF8 probably was amazing at the time, the best that could be done. You're expectations have changed since then.

Pretty much sums up Cloud Strife for me. Used to think he was the business when I was a young lad, looking back on it now he's an insufferable whinger. Still love FF7 though, no rose tinted glasses here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty much sums up Cloud Strife for me. Used to think he was the business when I was a young lad, looking back on it now he's an insufferable whinger. Still love FF7 though, no rose tinted glasses here.

He's actually way less emo than I expected when going through a recent playthrough. He starts off just cocky and full of himself. It's more the fan base and the sequels that turned him into an insufferable git but he's nothing like that in the original.

Squall on the other hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Just downloaded FF7 on ps4, I shall let you know if I still think its awesome, didnt really play it myself last time, more lived the experience watching my brother play it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

I recently replayed MGS1 for the first time in 15 years and really expected it to be awful, considering that games from that period typically hold up poorly, but it was still excellent and imo better than the sequels in certain areas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement