Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which camera for design professional

• 18-01-2016 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has asked some advice on a new thing to play with... she has seen mine and wants something similar...

I have a Pentax Q, with a range of lenses. It's small and easy to travel with. It has a wide angle zoom lens which is ideal for me, coz I work in interior architecture and need to photograph interiors and building facades... I also have a range of lenses for street shooting, zoom photography etc... It also has a full range of features similar to that of a DSLR, so I can pretend to have a clue about what I am doing...

However, the Q is a bit obscure, so sourcing lenses and accessories is usually done via Hong Kong or Japan through EBay or Amazon. So isn't for the faint hearted.

I have advised her to look at the Micro Four Thirds range from Panasonic/Olympus or to try the fixed lens cameras from Fuji (100 series...?) as I am aware that many pro photographers use these as daily cameras.

I'm a bit out of the loop, so i'd appreciate any advice on what models are most current & what is best for her... her main uses will be holiday snaps, creative street photography & architectural/interior stuff. Budget I'm sure will be reasonable but not massive.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement