Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Member for ITERA

Options
  • 18-01-2016 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭

Team Adventure Race Squad Extreme are looking for a team member (a man or woman mad enough) to take on ITERA with us. ITERA is a five day non-stop adventure race that will be held in August this year. Link here: http://www.itera.ie/

We did our first long AR, the Beast of Ballyhoura last year, and learned a lot from the adventure. We're a fun group of two guys and one gal and we enjoy the challenge that these races pose. We're one man down this year because he has a little one on the way but he's hoping to train as much as he can with us until the little one comes along.

We're based in the West, two of the guys are in the Ennis/Limerick area and I'm in Galway. We try to do one long training day each month to prepare us for what might be thrown at us.

If you're interested or know anyone who might like to spend their holiday seeing the countryside from a whole new perspective, drop me a PM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

The search has been stood down, we've found one mad enough ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Excellent. Team ARSE all in now.

Alas Team TriHarderAR now looking for a 4th team member. Must be able to do 300 simultaneous burpees at each mountain peak. Ok maybe not. We are basically looking at the step up to a World Series Race and executing the plan. Plus having a laugh. PM me if you wish to audition 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

sconhome wrote: »

I love Minions :)

Seriously, if I didn't have my ARSEs, I'd be trying out for Team TriHarder AR (I can't find a hash tag on this keyboard - automatic disqualification)

WOW there's a countdown timer, I just fell off my chair, six months, squeaky bum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Neady83 wrote: »

Me too :D

• Advertisement

Neady83 wrote: »

In case you missed it one of our members, we won't say who, was renamed Queen Gru due to their love of minions ;)

How do I put this nicely?....

A good ARSE will always be made welcome at a #TriHarderAR session :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Is ITERRA really €1200 a head to compete?

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Is ITERRA really €1200 a head to compete?

Yes.

Though there are early bird offers at the moment of around €800 per head.

In case you missed it one of our members, we won't say who, was renamed Queen Gru due to their love of minions ;)

How do I put this nicely?....

A good ARSE will always be made welcome at a #TriHarderAR session :D:D

Lady Gru :)

I have to admit to spending the Winter evenings post-marathon down in the arcades in Salthill trying to "free Stuart" from the claw machine. I have Stuart, Bob, Jerry, Kevin and Dave masquerading as a ginger girl. The lads didn't know what to think when I brought him/her home.

Of course each visit to the claw was finished off with a trip to the Bean and Cone next door for a nutella crepe. No wonder I got fat and my training went to sh**e.
    Yes.

Though there are early bird offers at the moment of around €800 per head.

I think sconhome did the maths already, 11c per minute of racing - bargain alert :)

Advertisement