Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with Leaf home charger

• 18-01-2016 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

Recently our home charger doesn't connect immediately when you plug it in. If you have one you'll know that it's supposed to click in and then the lights on the dash go on. Ours is becoming increasingly more difficult to connect. We have to put it in and out and jiggle it around a bit before it clicks.
    Is this a common problem. The charger is less than 2 years old.

Comments

There are a few different types of chargers out there.

I don't know if it's common to be honest, mine is fine after a year , is the problem at the charge point end ?

I'd call the E-cars and get a service call rather than risk it breaking altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

The first thing to look for is damage to the plug, ie. scuffing to the plastic. Try to see if there is anything that may be stopping the plug seating properly, also check the rectangle hole on the top of the plug is not blocked in any way.

These are all external checks and offer no risk. If your unsure post a picture or two and we will see if we can help.

Advertisement