Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards outage megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

ScumLord wrote: »
    Boards is getting all fancy, they had a bouncer on the door when I tried to get in earlier. The fecker wouldn't let me in, so I had to climb in the jacks window.

No runners anymore by the looks of it! ;) And faces they remember who caused trouble before won't be getting in.

"Bad night folks"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Reddit is probably the best site around.

There's a thread on Reddit about the Boards outage https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/41kkbf/whats_up_with_boardsie_has_it_been_hacked/

Some of the comments made me chuckle

but this made me do a tiny pee:
    [–]no_comment_acc1 1 point 1 day ago
    Do people still use boards?
    That place was awful.
    I made the mistake of going to one of their meetups and then it all made sense to me. I would never talk to these types of people in real life, so why was I frustratingly talking to them online? I quit.
    Well I would talk to those types of people, but it'd be done in a different way as I'd know I'm talking to a person with serious emotional problems. Imagine a room full of "victims" who never leave their home. It was like that.

He goes on in the same vein. If I was asked I'd say he carried out the DDOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Baraics Pollox

Ahhhhhh finally! Now to just stare blankly at the screen once more while stalking from one forum to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

It's absolutely terrible, it wouldn't happen if I was in charge, when will people ever learn!

I can't have been the only one to read this as the "the Boards Outrage megathread"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Thank you Boards.ie for coming back to us from a very appreciated user.:D
    The power of light has overcome the forces of evil. Annoyed to discover that this site was attacked by dosers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

My inability to handle Boards withdrawal symptoms is making me seriously reconsider my dream of becoming a crack whore :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭McGrath5

It's back? But very slow, just pump it through my veins!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,832 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

To the bastards that did this. I had to talk TALK to people in the evenings for christ sake. I hope your hole festers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

hairyslug wrote: »
    You'll see a bump in the number of children born in 9 months time
    What? Has there been a massive breakthrough in cloning technology as a result of all the extra productivity?

Well I'm no expert and there's no evidence to prove my theory, but I'd bet good money on de feminists being responsible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Candie wrote: »
    Well I'm no expert and there's no evidence to prove my theory, but I'd bet good money on de feminists being responsible.

I think it was the pinko lefty liberals meself. Sneaky wastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Polish swans I bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Every time I click on a thread I'm aware that I'm silently waiting for the site to be down again and then when all is fine I relax. Seriously, what the hell has boards done to me? It's like an addiction. *twitches*

Refugee transgendered single mother Islamic feminist swans on benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

They better be homeless too. And vegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

the_syco wrote: »
    You and 100 other people = ddos attack... :pac:

Generally find the people who moan most are still fairly bitter over being banned :D

There's a guy on another site who is keen to stress he doesn't care as well. Going by that amount of re-regs, I really, really, wouldn't want to see him caring. Seriously.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

With rodent teeth they used to chew through the cables at boards HQ and scaly tails to keep their balance as the skitter along the rafters.

This is what the outage meant to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭dodzy

This is what the outage meant to me!
    So folks, is it just me or is the site still very slow to load pages (albeit slightly better than yesterday evening) ?

Not that many people posting even though the site is back. Is the slow speed putting people off in general? No one is talking about anything. Talk about something people :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Pages slower to load. Still get occasional "Error 522" or "Error 520" message on logging in.
    "Search this thread" function throws up an "Error 404 page not found" message.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Tried to delete duplicate post, but get a "Page not found" message.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I wonder will the site reconsider its moderation culture in order to minimise the likelihood of such attacks in the future.

I jest, but why would person or persons go to the bother of such a sustained attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I wonder will the site reconsider its moderation culture in order to minimise the likelihood of such attacks in the future.

I jest, but why would person or persons go to the bother of such a sustained attack?

I'd rather the few days of no Boards.is than a boards full of trolls and having the after hours fourm everywhere.

Not that many people posting even though the site is back. Is the slow speed putting people off in general? No one is talking about anything. Talk about something people :)
    if a site is unavailable for like 3 days people won't bother trying again for a while and traffic will stay low. This could have significant consequences for the sites advertising revenue I would have thought.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I'd rather the few days of no Boards.is than a boards full of trolls and having the after hours fourm everywhere.
    Indeed, moderation is vital. The manner in which it is conducted has come in for criticism however.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭josip

..., but why would person or persons go to the bother of such a sustained attack?

There are certain people who might not like some of the opinions posted on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I had trouble logging in a few times today. Seems stable enough now (mobile browser)

josip wrote: »
    There are certain people who might not like some of the opinions posted on Boards.
    not what I was referring to but also true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I actually briefly became paranoid that I was banned for being too smutty :o :pac:

Same here, although not for being smutty.. Then I decided that someone who had been (" unjustly" )banned was taking a dire revenge Just put a thank you note on another forum so here it is again...for all the techies who worked so hard to get us back THANK YOU!

Advertisement