Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards outage megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Is this absolute dog shît about signing in every time and then getting frisked for weapons on the way in going to be a permanent feature?

If I have to decipher another squiggly line bull**** phrase I'll be here less :/

Have a snickers you seem on edge

Actually... maybe your the one behind all this nonsense :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

stevek93 wrote: »
    Have a snickers

Actually... maybe your the one behind all this nonsense :rolleyes:

That's exactly what somebody trying to deflect attention away from themselves would say. Interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

True. Hardly any new threads starting today either. ....

Many of us haven’t been able to log on, we could see you all talking but no one could ear us knocking on the window!!

And for some reason I an't type some letters witout opying and pasting from Word!

Hint:
    C, H and V

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It made you go and have a sex change after one day??
    This is more sinister than we thought.

Even worse… after the first 2.5 hours :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

HUGE THANKS to all the Hamsters @ Boards.ie HQ for getting the big beast up and running again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

HUGE THANKS to all the Hamsters @ Boards.ie HQ for getting the big beast up and running again ;)

Yes lets give around of applause to the Boards.ie staff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzmYLwkyHLQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I just had to login through Facebook i feel so dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just able to log back in now. Thanks guys for all your hard work in getting the site back up and running. It's much appreciated. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Finally got back in .... I must say , Reddit is looking sweet lately ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Now I'll take any accusations of being a loony liberal do-gooder lefty on the chin (just this once) but has anybody thought to check up on the poor souls left languishing in the Prison forum? They've been locked in there for days and have probably succumbed to cannibalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Page rendering still horribly slow.
    Search function down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I can actually log in from work, unlike yesterday when I could look but couldn't make any utterly profound pronouncements.

Take that, productivity!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Finally got back in .... I must say , Reddit is looking sweet lately ...

Reddit? Do I need to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

The search function isn't working for me and neither is the view all threads I have posted on/started section.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I've heard there is going to be a boards outage baby boom, thousands of couples who nightly would read boards and watch cat videos actually engaged each other passionately for a change. The last week of September will be very interesting times amongst boardsies thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Any chance we could have another outage during Cheltenham week? I saved a small fortune in the last few days by not backing the fancies and tips given here every day.!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Have only now this minute only managed to log in , and I just discovered ,I've been married for 18 month's , twin's of 10 month's and the mother in law moved in to the back bedroom 2 year's ago ,missus said some thing about a ''Boss'' looking for me between her morning and night shift job's,told them I had to nip to the offie for sum sweet afton n cider , phew that woz close.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Stinicker wrote: »
    I've heard there is going to be a boards outage baby boom, thousands of couples who nightly would read boards and watch cat videos actually engaged each other passionately for a change. The last week of September will be very interesting times amongst boardsies thats for sure.

I'd like to point out in advance that these are not my babies.

Not. Booms. Babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It seems reasonable to assume the attacks on the state apparatus, the lottery and boards.ie (such exulted company!) are the work of the same asshats is it the work of someone Ireland upset recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It seems reasonable to assume the attacks on the state apparatus, the lottery and boards.ie (such exulted company!) are the work of the same asshats is it the work of someone Ireland upset recently?
    Planet 9 is within their own wifi range, the attack has begun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Isis? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

syklops wrote: »
    Isis? :rolleyes:

The have the internet in the stone age?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

I woul't be surprised if it were't D O'B , he hate's anyone using his full name let alone talking about him, mmmm Jamaica or Portugal a good bet I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'd like to point out in advance that these are not my babies.

Not. Booms. Babies.
    If theyre born with beards Im definitely blaming you.:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Colser wrote: »
    If theyre born with beards Im definitely blaming you.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Feel bad for the admins but having to enter the Capcha twice in a short space of time is a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

FatherTed wrote: »
    Feel bad for the admins but having to enter the Capcha twice in a short space of time is a bit much.
    That's intolerable, it's basically the same thing as living in N.Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Did anyone consider putting a big "No Junk Mail" sticker on the website.

Would have put a stop to all this DDOS nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

wil wrote: »
    Did anyone consider putting a big "No Junk Mail" sticker on the website.

Would have put a stop to all this DDOS nonsense

'Twould shut down After Hours overnight though :(

Advertisement