If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55'' Samsung JS8500 series

Options
  • 18-01-2016 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭

So was all set to pull the trigger on the above and one of your uk stores said that I would be better off getting the 1080p oled from lg if picture was whats important.

But if I really wanted the samsung 4k then to get the 48" 9000 series? (same price range)

What would you think, picture quality is most important for me. Smart, 3D etc of no interest

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

So was all set to pull the trigger on the above and one of your uk stores said that I would be better off getting the 1080p oled from lg if picture was whats important.

But if I really wanted the samsung 4k then to get the 48" 9000 series? (same price range)

What would you think, picture quality is most important for me. Smart, 3D etc of no interest
    Whomitconcerns,

if you value your blacks then the OLED is deffo the way to go but of course it is not 4K whilst the 48JS8500 is, so its a bit of swings and roundabouts!

As ever there is a middle ground - if you order the most budget OLED you will have to accept that there are some compromises but go a little up the range and the PQ really is outstanding - likewise the JS8500 is a pretty stunning TV - to compare the 48JS8500 (€1649) at  you would need to look at the 55EG910 ( €2139) - at that stage you will really see the additional benefits - which of course isn't really a fair comparison as there is also more 'real-estate' with the LG OLED ...

You can check out the LG 55EG910 here ( £1499/ €2139):
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201661-55eg910v.aspx?swapstore=1

And of course the Samsung UE48JS8500 is still a great TV and you can check it out here (£1099 / €1649):
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201286-ue48js8500.aspx

Both in stock and ready to ship - you can purchase online or of course drop us a line with your contact details and we will get back to you asap to arrange delivery for you,

Thanks again and keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

So thanks for that, so if I want a tv, best picture for my money, 3D, smart etc don't matter. Would we say 55"js8500 or the lg 55eg910 you mention. 4K v 1080p oled

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

So thanks for that, so if I want a tv, best picture for my money, 3D, smart etc don't matter. Would we say 55"js8500 or the lg 55eg910 you mention. 4K v 1080p oled
    if it was me, right now this moment I'd probably go for the 55EG910 - but I'd be V. quick as the price is about to take a hike as some sale lines are finishing very shortly....

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

I went with the Samsung..picked it up in Bromley store as was in UK at time. It looks pretty damn amazing so far with the UHD stuff on youtube anyway. HD looks nice too. Havent checked out 3d yet.

Hi John,

I went with the Samsung..picked it up in Bromley store as was in UK at time. It looks pretty damn amazing so far with the UHD stuff on youtube anyway. HD looks nice too. Havent checked out 3d yet.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi John,

no probs, glad you got sorted. It's a lovely TV.

Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.