Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Ó Maonlaí, Kevin Burk & Tim Edey

Options
  • 18-01-2016 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

I can't recall ever starting a thread to tell people to go to a gig before as I think people are more than capable of finding things for themselves, but this might be off radar for a lot of people, particularly in January.

If top class trad is your thing, do not miss this gig. If virtuosic guitar playing is your thing, do not miss it. If you love any or all of these musicians, do not miss it. It is a very special night.

Unfortunately it has been and gone from many venues (including Dublin) but other dates nationwide listed below.

http://www.musicnetwork.ie/concerts/details/liam_o_maonlai_kevin_burke_and_tim_edey#.Vp0YOelrdUQ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Would love to discuss with anyone that has taken it in. My one very small criticism is that Edey never chooses the 'less-is-more' option and once or twice veered into over-playing territory, particularly when Liam was singing the Lakes of Pontchartrain.

He is an utterly amazing musician though.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Caught this gig in The Gaeltacht after you posted. Thoroughly enjoyed it, Liam did most his between song speaking as gaelige of course, 3 of the looked to be having a great time chatting, remininiscing, goofing about, I felt strictly from a musical point of view Tim Edey was in fact the weak link (he is of course a marvelous player), Liam & Kevin imo are more accomplished & interesting musicians. Hopefully they will record an album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

edhead wrote: »
    Caught this gig in The Gaeltacht after you posted. Thoroughly enjoyed it, Liam did most his between song speaking as gaelige of course, 3 of the looked to be having a great time chatting, remininiscing, goofing about, I felt strictly from a musical point of view Tim Edey was in fact the weak link (he is of course a marvelous player), Liam & Kevin imo are more accomplished & interesting musicians. Hopefully they will record an album.

Sorry I only saw your reply now! Great to hear from someone who caught the gig and interesting to see that you felt more or less the same about Edey's playing. If he could just be a little more sensitive to the fact that he is accompanying, all would be well.

Advertisement