Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress/Woocommerce issues (template: primashop)

Options
  • 18-01-2016 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I have a website which was created by a developer about 6 months ago on the primashop template. It works fine but a lot of buggy things keep happening:
    -everytime I add a new product, I'll check to make sure it's live but I'll always get emails from customers saying some products do not have an add to cart button- basically they seem to show on some but not all servers. With some products this problem can be ongoing.
    - some issues with variable products but I think that's to do with a plug in added (currency switcher)- if you go to edit the product the prices 'fall off' and they need to be re-added again, everytime and for every variable.

My developer thinks to just go with a new theme but I want to make sure I'm not missing something especially re 'add to cart' not always showing. I'm also reluctant to spend another 100 on a new theme if this won't solve it and again it's another cost.

Has anyone heard of this theme or have any idea's why this can happen?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Please post a link to your site.

Is WordPress and your plugins up to date?
    Do you have the latest version of the primashop theme? (Is it the theme that is no longer on ThemeForest?)

If you suspect the currency converter plugin then I suggest that you disable it and see what happens.

If you have a variable product then the 'Add to Cart' button should be disabled (or hidden) until a variation is selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Thanks- it's www.kosybaby.com

Everything is up to date but the developer is just disabling unused plug ins now. Yes it's the one that's not available now on theme forest so the developer thinks there may be issues with it in general and that the developers appear to be gone so he's recommending switching to another theme.

We've disabled the currency switcher too and we're going to try a different one (by Aelia) that seems very good.

I suggest that the developer run the site in debug mode (only for him) and look at the generated error log (it won't be there until the code below is added)

[PHP]if ($_SERVER == '123.456.789.000') { // Developer's IP address
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);
    }
    else {
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    }[/PHP]
    It might be a matter of fixing a few issues with the theme and the current version of WordPress or WooCommerce. Maybe some WooCommerce templates are out of date.

I am very comfortable doing the above if your developer encounters any issues.

MizMix wrote: »
    Everything is up to date but the developer is just disabling unused plug ins now. Yes it's the one that's not available now on theme forest so the developer thinks there may be issues with it in general and that the developers appear to be gone so he's recommending switching to another theme.
    Changing theme is the easy way out. There has to be a solution that involves keeping the current theme - it looks good.
    MizMix wrote: »
    We've disabled the currency switcher too and we're going to try a different one (by Aelia) that seems very good.
    I know the guy behind Aelia (Diego). He and his plugins are very reputable.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Ah I just gave him the green light to get a new theme (with boards being down this week I wasn't sure if I'd get a response).

Diego has been very helpful!

I'll PM to get your details. My developer will be moving after this on so I could do with someone for ad hoc support as needed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Weebly

Changing a theme that is no longer supported or being actively developed is the right choice.

Wordpress is constantly evolving and so the theme must evolve to remain fully compatible with the core (not to mention the security implications of using an out of date theme).

Weebly wrote: »
    Wordpress is constantly evolving and so the theme must evolve to remain fully compatible with the core (not to mention the security implications of using an out of date theme).
    A well written theme or plugin can be continue to be compatible and secure for many years. There are a few plugins on wordpress.org that have not been upgrade in over 2 years and continue to do their job very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Weebly

No doubt although I would still not recommend going with something that isn't being actively maintained.

Advertisement