Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HackerX

Options
  • 18-01-2016 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

So has anyone ever went to one of these? Second one I have been invited to. Tempted to go to see what it's about. Thought I'd ask around here to see if anyone has went. If I can't go I'd be willing to give my ticket up to whomever wants it. This particular one is aimed at backend devs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Having looked up hackerx on the Google machine I admit to being intrigued and jealous...

How does one get themselves onto the invite list for such things?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Honestly Baz I don't have a clue. Sure if I can't make it I will give you my ticket.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Baz_ wrote: »
    How does one get themselves onto the invite list for such things?

I got one via LinkedIn at the end of last year. I'm guessing they trawl for certain in-demand skills via keyword matching or by checking out what groups/interests you have listed.

I'd be curious to hear what happens if anyone goes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

http://www.hackerx.org/ You could just go request an invite and see what happens.

Advertisement