Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lucan Rapid up

• 18-01-2016 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

The Lucan Rapid at SuperValu (Superquinn) is being powered on tonight. Carra is due to complete commissioning in the next week or so.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

In other news clonshaugh is up again too

Will the ESB ever learn that it's far better to put just 7 kw charge points in shopping centers so that people can still plug in and feel good about getting free electricity ?

Going to be another Naas where people abandon the car for a free charge while they shop for an hour, Ridiculous !

Will the ESB ever learn that it's far better to put just 7 kw charge points in shopping centers so that people can still plug in and feel good about getting free electricity ?

Going to be another Naas where people abandon the car for a free charge while they shop for an hour, Ridiculous !

In this case it's far better located than Naas. It's at the far end of the car park where I've never seen anyone park.

I'm more worried about the amount of ramps on the way to it.

cros13 wrote: »
    In this case it's far better located than Naas. It's at the far end of the car park where I've never seen anyone park.

I'm more worried about the amount of ramps on the way to it.

I doubt it will matter much if leaf owners see the advantage of charging while they shop rather than use their own electricity.

It's inconsiderate.

I leave my number on the dash if I need some charge but only a few mins, or a "you can plug me out" sign on the other side.

if I don't need the leccy but don't want to stay with the car while I'm getting a free charge I ensure the charger will be available for someone who needs it.

It's not a difficult thing to do but a lot of people don;t give a hoot about whether someone needs the charge or not as long as they get a free charge !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

I doubt it will matter much if leaf owners see the advantage of charging while they shop rather than use their own electricity.

It's inconsiderate.

I leave my number on the dash if I need some charge but only a few mins, or a "you can plug me out" sign on the other side.

if I don't need the leccy but don't want to stay with the car while I'm getting a free charge I ensure the charger will be available for someone who needs it.

It's not a difficult thing to do but a lot of people don;t give a hoot about whether someone needs the charge or not as long as they get a free charge !

But thats Typical of the population in General of course when EVs were new and only driven by enthusiasts common courtesy would be very high but as they become more normal you can expect more of this kind of behaviour
    Just look at the disabled spaces outside most Supermarkets they are abused all the time by uncaring prats

• Advertisement

mylesm wrote: »
    But thats Typical of the population in General of course when EVs were new and only driven by enthusiasts common courtesy would be very high but as they become more normal you can expect more of this kind of behaviour
    Just look at the disabled spaces outside most Supermarkets they are abused all the time by uncaring prats

This is why the fast chargers shouldn't be free !!

True but even if their not free you will still get ice prats parking there unless something is done to discourage them which most supermarkets have no interest in doing

True but even if their not free you will still get ice prats parking there unless something is done to discourage them which most supermarkets have no interest in doing

Not really, if people are paying more for the chargers they will charge at home.

Not really, if people are paying more for the chargers they will charge at home.

But that just frees up Chargers from EVs Charging does nothing to stop ice prats parking there

But that just frees up Chargers from EVs Charging does nothing to stop ice prats parking there

Freeing up chargers is a big deal when you have to wait because some inconsiderate git decides they want a free charge while they shop !

So , no , it won't stop ICE drivers parking in Charger spots but stopping EV drivers charging for free and forcing them to use their own charge points at home is a far greater deal if you ask me or if they at least did what I do , leave my number or just have a sign that they can plug me out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

cros13 wrote: »
    The Lucan Rapid at SuperValu (Superquinn) is being powered on tonight. Carra is due to complete commissioning in the next week or so.

Both are CCS ? No sign of Lucan on ESB maps yet, are they usually not so fast at updating it ?

caster wrote: »
    Both are CCS ? No sign of Lucan on ESB maps yet, are they usually not so fast at updating it ?

Yup CCS.
    They sometimes take weeks to update the maps.
    The rapid is powered but not commissioned yet, so the meters are on but the rapid itself isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

far easier to have a system where the FCP stops at 80% and you can legitimately disconnect them. I mean are you expecting that people just sit in their car for 30 minutes ?? really ?

BoatMad wrote: »
    far easier to have a system where the FCP stops at 80% and you can legitimately disconnect them. I mean are you expecting that people just sit in their car for 30 minutes ?? really ?

I'm suggesting that the people who wish to fast charge only because it's free do so with some regard for others and make sure the charger can be accessed by someone who genuinely needs it.

I leave my number displayed and a plug me out sign if I don't need the charge if someone calls me I tell them I need the charge but will be back soon or that they can plug me out if I only need a few mins or if I don't need the charge I just leave the plug me out sign on the dash.

Simple but effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I leave my number displayed and a plug me out sign if I don't need the charge if someone calls me I tell them I need the charge but will be back soon or that they can plug me out if I only need a few mins or if I don't need the charge I just leave the plug me out sign on the dash.

Simple but effective.

I agree, did I see there was a preprinted sign for this , I was thinking of making something up to display near the leaf charge inlet or in the windscreen next to the blue lights

BoatMad wrote: »
    I agree, did I see there was a preprinted sign for this , I was thinking of making something up to display near the leaf charge inlet or in the windscreen next to the blue lights

I don't know about a pre printed sign, I just used Word, A4 paper and printer. Most leaf owners are not on Facebook or especially Boards so a sign clearly visible on the dash I would say would be better than a sign on the charge port door people might not be aware to look for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

I don't know about a pre printed sign, I just used Word, A4 paper and printer. Most leaf owners are not on Facebook or especially Boards so a sign clearly visible on the dash I would say would be better than a sign on the charge port door people might not be aware to look for.

Good EV etiquette is don't piss off for ages when using a FCP, be contactable or be close to the charger

mr.dunkey wrote: »
    Good EV etiquette is don't piss off for ages when using a FCP, be contactable or be close to the charger

That on a sign on the chargers would be nice. Along with if you don't need it then don't block someone who does !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

This FCP is not online yet. I had a look at it Sunday night and it has power (power meters at the bottom are illuminated), but the screen is not powered. How many months has this FCP been sitting there not commissioned now?

This FCP is not online yet. I had a look at it Sunday night and it has power (power meters at the bottom are illuminated), but the screen is not powered. How many months has this FCP been sitting there not commissioned now?

8 months.

It's waiting for Carra to do the commissioning. They were due to do so the week the power was turned on the rapid but still haven't shown up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Finally up and running according to the Irish EV Owners Facebook group. It's also appearing on the ESB's map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Where exactly is this fast charger? I did a drive through earlier but I couldn't see it. I turned off the N4 coming from Dublin, took the entrance at the roundabout then went left at the front of the building and out the far exit/entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Trojan00

macnab wrote: »
    Where exactly is this fast charger? I did a drive through earlier but I couldn't see it. I turned off the N4 coming from Dublin, took the entrance at the roundabout then went left at the front of the building and out the far exit/entrance.

Its over nearer to the McDonalds side of the shopping centre. It is beside where they do car valets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Fastpud

BTW it's fully functional as I used it yesterday, the valet's kids were fascinated the idea of plugging the car!

Advertisement