Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Network Protocol

Options
  • 19-01-2016 4:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭

What is this crap now will someone please tell me??! Can't access the Internet due to some missing Network Protocol.

Internet works on phone, Googling suggests it might be something to do with upgrading to Windows 10.

:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Anyone at all no? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

There has been a fair amount of issues with the site lately, I haven't been online in over 36hours due to it, I'm sure if you wait there'll be someone along.

Ah yes that is true for you. I hadn't thought of that. Yes hopefully someone shall be along to try help out. Cheers for your reply. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Seems to be a lot of reports of this on the net and lots of suggestions too. Have you tried anything at all so far? How did you update to W10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

What operating system?

Try this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

• Advertisement

Tried a couple of different suggestions to do with registry keys but to no avail.

Windows 8.1 upgraded to 10.

My answer was good ole System Restore! :o:D:o Generally ill-advised against I know but shure what can ya do... :/

System Restore didn't actually complete the Restore successfully as it happens, got some error message that it didn't complete due to registry issue. But, it somehow restored internet access back for me so at the moment I don't care!!

I bet I'm gonna have problems in the future now when the original protocol issue isn't fixed but that's for another day. I needz my Laptop Internet fix. System Restore doesn't get half enough of the recognition it deserves! I'd say it has saved many a person's sanity!! :D :pac:

I will try that Download later Mass thanks.

Advertisement