Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weak magazine T3 .223

Options
  • 19-01-2016 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi all as above tikka t3 mag isn't cycling great. Will load first round but when you fire and cycle bolt it just runs over top round in mag. Today I have taken flat Spring out and kind of stretched out the bends of it to try and create a bit more upward pressure, will try it tonite.
    Is it a known problem in them and is there something else I can do, or is it a new mag.
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Have you tried turning the spring around (don't have a Tikka so not sure if this can even be done).

I have a similar spring in my Remmy. Every now and then she would do the same thing. I opened it up, took out the flat spring and turned it around so that the "bend" was at the back of the mag/feeder and the "overhang" of the spring was at the front of the feeder lip. This meant the back was now getting sligthly more pressure and the feed issue disappeared.

Perhaps someone with a Tikka might have a better solution.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Tikka391

Cass wrote: »
    Have you tried turning the spring around (don't have a Tikka so not sure if this can even be done).

I have a similar spring in my Remmy. Every now and then she would do the same thing. I opened it up, took out the flat spring and turned it around so that the "bend" was at the back of the mag/feeder and the "overhang" of the spring was at the front of the feeder lip. This meant the back was now getting sligthly more pressure and the feed issue disappeared.

Perhaps someone with a Tikka might have a better solution.

Thanks for that, I'll have a look tonight.

Advertisement