Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat XL

• 21-01-2016 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

I cant remember the last time I was this excited for something game related...

Then I read this and I couldn't be more angry.

No MK-XL for PC. Are they serious? They cant just exclude a platform like that? I bought the game expecting to be able to download the content, I even went as far as to pay for extra skins.

Now not only have I wasted that money, but I'm left with an unpatched game with **** netcode.

Not cool.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

They already fired the dev of the PC port, so tbh the writing was on the wall months ago.

GG.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Total Biscuit

Angry Joe (who Ed Boon promised would be "as good as the consoles")

They did, then they hired QLoc (the company that ported USFIV to the PC) to fix it, and it took 5 months until the last patch in September for it to be (mostly) on par with the console ports at launch.

To be fair, how was anyone expected to know this would happen when they bought the PC version at launch ?. PC MK X players are now in the same place vanilla SF4 PC players were when Super came out on consoles, and I fully expect what happened then to happen now, like hackers ripping the skins for the existing cast of the console versions and hacking them into the PC port.

Unlike Capcom though, WB have proved they couldn't give 2 f***s about the PC. This is the same company who released Batman Arkham Origins on PC with a bunch of game breaking bugs and performance issues, and only fixed the bare minimum amount of game breaking bugs needed before announcing they wouldnt be patching the game anymore so they could focus on DLC :mad:. Then there's the Arkham Knight fiasco, nuff said about that already. If WB are deliberately wanting PC players to hate them, their doing a great job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I caved and bought it for xbox. This is the first console game I've bought since I had an n64. Which now means I have to buy live, and a new PCB for my fight stick... although I'm starting to play it now with a pad on my PC to get some muscle memory - run kombo's seem a bit easier, which is nice :)

Anyone on here gonna be playing mkx on ONE? Giz a scrap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My young lad bought the original for the PC, all he wants is the Alien character, I built him and his bro their PC to keep him away from consoles...

Now I'm wondering am I mad, if this is the kind of shoddy PC port we are getting these days... :(

• Advertisement

The only way you were mad, Fieldog, was to trust WB with their current reputation. I avoided this like the plague after its horrible PC launch and decided to wait to see how it played out. I made the right choice.

The only way you were mad, Fieldog, was to trust WB with their current reputation. I avoided this like the plague after its horrible PC launch and decided to wait to see how it played out. I made the right choice.

I didn't know all that until after I bought it unfortunately, when I read how Arkham Knight was handled after pretty similarly and is still not fixed and probably never will be it would make you wonder... :)

If he wants to play Arkham it will be on my or Mammy's PS4...

He's mad for COD also which happens to run like dogshít on PC also, don't think he notices that though, lol

Doesn't COD run kind of well? Maybe it's just the graphic settings you have on.

I hear if you limit AK to 30fps on PC its performance issues are not as bad... but the driving sections are apparently the worst. Not just in performance, either ;)

I'm really hoping that MKX's abandonment of PC and WB's distain for the platform along with Namco's failure to make Rise of Incarnates profitable doesn't hurt their decision to bring Tekken 7 to PC. SFV is getting a Linux version and we know Namco are butt buddies with Capcom now so... there's still hope for FGs on PC. All the anime games, too.

Doesn't COD run kind of well? Maybe it's just the graphic settings you have on.

I hear if you limit AK to 30fps on PC its performance issues are not as bad... but the driving sections are apparently the worst. Not just in performance, either ;)

I'm really hoping that MKX's abandonment of PC and WB's distain for the platform along with Namco's failure to make Rise of Incarnates profitable doesn't hurt their decision to bring Tekken 7 to PC. SFV is getting a Linux version and we know Namco are butt buddies with Capcom now so... there's still hope for FGs on PC. All the anime games, too.

COD seems to look fantastic alright, just seems to lag a lot I noticed when he was playing it online, might have to tinker with it this weekend if I get a chance.. :)

I steered clear of Arkham after Mortal Kombat, but I did pick up the PS4 edition of the game that runs very well at 30fps for a console, I wasn't a fan of it being honest, I thought the driving parts killed the Batman-ness of the game and felt forced to the point it put me off playing it....

Is Tekken coming to PC?

If SFV can be done for Linux I don't see why not!

:)

Tekken is still in its arcade phase with only playstation4 and playstationVR being announced as its home platforms... with no dates yet. It's funny that SFV gets a Microsoft Windows release that has crossplay with a Sony console... but no Microsoft Xbox release haha. Then a Linux release which is great so Windows, Linux and PS4 platforms can all play together. If T7 doesn't even get a windows release I'll be quite dissapointed. Their arcades are made from the ground up on PC architecture (Harada's words not mine) and deisgned around LAN and WAN... it'd be such a waste for it to be PS4 only.

• Advertisement
Advertisement