Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE tv player not working in live mode linux mint

Options
  • 21-01-2016 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

I,M using linux mint 17 on a laptop .1.7 cpu ghz dual core , 2gig ram .
    I can watch any program on rte tv player .video plays fine.
    I watch rte 1 or 2 live the video plays ads for 1 or 2 minutes ,
    then screen goes black , error code 55305 something like that .
    i presume its a drm problem .I Can watch any program on catchup fine from rte.ie tvplayer ,
    after its broadcast, no error codes ,
    ads play ok in live mode , then error code xxxxx is displayed
    i,m using chrome and fire fox browsers downloaded in december .
    Every other site works fine ,ign, bbc ,twitch.com etc for playing video files .

I think the chrome browser has all the latest video codecs and latest version of the flash player .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Have a search through the forum. I found a fix for this before that required installing something. Also give the xl player a whirl - www.rte.ie/playerxl as it might work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i tried it,it plays videos fine,
    i don,t know if watch rte live tv is avaidable on that version .
    or its too early to try it .
    i can watch live tv on other websites , but not on rte.ie tvplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I,M curious about it as i think the chrome browser has all the necessary codecs, and tehup to date version of flash installed to play any video from any website ,i have not tried 3 player tv website .
    eg tv3 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Seán MacSuibhne

I use Mageia 5 and RTÉ plays live programmes after about 20 seconds.

Have a look here http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ to see if you have a flash player installed.

Can't say I look at RTÉ at all really though. TV programme makers know that your attention span is about 3 seconds so you can imagine that 20 seconds of ads every time you switch between the 3 channels is a major disadvantage to choosing RTÉ when none of the others have this for of irritation! If they want to inflict ads on us why not do it during the ad break?

Ádh mór

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Seán MacSuibhne

Ads during the ad break! Someone tell RTÉ!

Seán

• Advertisement
Advertisement