Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tullamore for a (mild) stag?

• 21-01-2016 10:35am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a destination for my weekend-long stag in the summer and Tullamore is one of the options under consideration.

What's drawing me in are the Tullamore Dew and Kilbeggan tours - one or both of which could provide a few hours of distraction for the Saturday. Another selling point is the fact that it's not too far from Dublin, so anyone wanting to just do one night wouldn't have to travel cross-country and back.

Beyond that I'm wondering if there'll be much to do - or more importantly many decent pubs to choose from - while we're there.

It'll be a fairly mild affair - nothing too lad-like - so we'd really just want a decent pub to set up shop in for the day (and maybe the option of a late drink somewhere).

I've been to Tullamore before but, to be honest I didn't do an awful lot of looking around - the Queen of the Land festival was on too, so it probably wasn't a normal time to be there.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Brewery Tap good pub
    I'd recommend it.

Bridge House has a good residents bar.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Great, thanks.

From looking around there seems to be a few decent places to perch up - there's also the option of a trip to the race track, too, so I think we're on to a winner!

Great, thanks.

From looking around there seems to be a few decent places to perch up - there's also the option of a trip to the race track, too, so I think we're on to a winner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

flogen wrote: »
    Great, thanks.

Races is a good call if there's a meeting on when ye're down: http://www.kilbegganraces.com/fixtures.html

Races is a good call if there's a meeting on when ye're down: http://www.kilbegganraces.com/fixtures.html

Yep - there's a meeting on the weekend we're looking at. Would it be hard to get a group there from Tullamore? Best to organise a bus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

flogen wrote: »
    Yep - there's a meeting on the weekend we're looking at. Would it be hard to get a group there from Tullamore? Best to organise a bus?

It's only 10 minutes away, but unless you've a couple of non-drinkers willing to drive the rest of ye over, I'd arrange a bus.

Cheers, bus it is so!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭husq

if you and your crew go for pints in the copperpot before the races he organises free bus and racecourse tickets, and burgers on return

husq wrote: »
    if you and your crew go for pints in the copperpot before the races he organises free bus and racecourse tickets, and burgers on return

Wow - that sounds like a great set up! Do you know if you need to arrange that in advance? What's it like as a boozer?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭husq

It's a great spot, late licence, might be no harm to ring in advance just for numbers, good grub also, its all going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Be careful in the Kilbeggan Distillery. Last stop is the whiskey bar. Many a man has lost days in there!

Advertisement