Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical apprenticeship

Options
  • 21-01-2016 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong place but just wondering if anyone could give me some info, looking to do an apprenticeship and any help would be greatly appreciated. Im from Mayo so its fairly quiet around here still work wise but would have no problem travelling any tips on where to look? Kinda hard with no fas office to go into these days. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

go here
    http://jobseeker.fas.ie/

search "apprenticeship"

keep re-checking the site untill something is posted that suits you.

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Sackamano wrote: »
    Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong place but just wondering if anyone could give me some info, looking to do an apprenticeship and any help would be greatly appreciated. Im from Mayo so its fairly quiet around here still work wise but would have no problem travelling any tips on where to look? Kinda hard with no fas office to go into these days. Thanks

Get the phonebook or google and ring every electrician you think may be able to offer you an apprenticeship. The worst that can happen is that they say no...but there is always a chance that they may give you a chance or they may be looking for an apprentice in the future and at least you'll have your name down with them. It's also a good idea to keep checking all of the job websites regularly. Another long shot is to call into electrical wholesalers in the area and see if they know of any contractors taking on apprentices. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

[Name removed as per forum charter] had an add in the paper recently they're a fairly large electrical contractor based in [Name removed as per forum charter]. They mostly do industrial which is in my opinion the side to get into.
    You could also try the corrib gas terminal in Belmullet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

ESB apprentice recruitment process will be starting in the next few months. Usually only 60-70 places and plenty competition but worth a try in any case. Got a place with them back in the 90s. Not the worst place to be and the h@le won't be ridden off ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just reading the Examiner paper and [Name removed as per forum charter] are hiring apprentices .

They would be cork based I would think not sure though fire an email and see sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Sackamano

Thanks for all the replies, does anyone know if ya can do an apprenticeship in London? close by and seems to be a lot of work going on over there. Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

[Name removed as per forum charter] had an add in the paper recently they're a fairly large electrical contractor based in [Name removed as per forum charter]. They mostly do industrial which is in my opinion the side to get into. You could also try the corrib gas terminal in Belmullet

How long ago was this advertised, and are you sure they were advertising for Electrical apprentice? As far as I know they are not taking on any apprentice electricians, only instrumentalists and engineers. They source they're electricians threw agencies now

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Mod note:

I appreciate that posters are trying to assist the OP, however as per the forum charter please do not post company names or anything that can identify a company.

There is no issue with sending the OP various company name s and details via PM.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

@ 2011: apologies

It was about 3 out 4 months ago. It may have been for instrument apprentices now that you mention it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

@ 2011: apologies

It was about 3 out 4 months ago. It may have been for instrument apprentices now that you mention it.

No problem, I know you were just trying to help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement