Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring Back the Cheque, Online is to much hassle

Options
  • 21-01-2016 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭

I have posted here enough times about my frustration with BOI and the hoops that you guys make us jump through which are over and beyond ridiculous.:mad:

The list has just been added to.

So now if I need to pay someone, I have to set up text messaging codes to staffs personal phone numbers.  Yea, that has to be a real genius who came up with that idea. :rolleyes:

So add this to the other stupid things we have to do in order to pay someone online, we are going to be writing more cheques than ever. 

Pay an ad-hoc supplier.  You can't!:mad:

You have to set them up as a regular supplier, adding to an ever growing list of suppliers, making it even more difficult to find whoever you want to pay each time.

Oh yea, and you can’t just pay them, you have to add them, and then go off and come back 5 hours later (if you remember) to approved them as a supplier.  Make sure though you don’t come back to soon, or you will have to wait the whole 5 hours again!!!

What is the point of this?  Security measure my arse.  If it was a security measure, then someone other than whoever set them up should have to approve them.

Now, we also have to get our staff to register their personal phones with you, so you can text them an authorisation code!

Staff don’t want that, and to be honest, neither does management, but there seems to be no alternative or opt out option.  So now it will all have to go through the administrator, and I can’t see that happening……

If it were up to me, BOI, would be thrown out of here and we would work with a bank who actually provide a decent service, and listen to their customers requirements.

But it is not up to me, so BOI, start printing more and more chequebooks because you are just getting even more crazy with your requirements, that despite wanting people to bank online, you are just not making it a pleasurable / easy / efficient thing to do!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi seveOB,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the new security codes feature for Business On Line. These codes are an enhanced security feature and a quick way of authenticating your payees. Once you are set up with this feature, you will be able to add your payees securely and quickly. You can authenticate one payee at a time, or alternatively you can authenticate multiple payees at the same time with the one security code. Existing payees that have already been authorised do not need to be authenticated again.
    Further information can be found on the new Security codes feature can be found here: https://businesstraining.bankofireland.com/security-codes/

We will certainly pass on your comments here to our Business On Line team and thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

they are a slower and less efficient way to do something that I had already been able to do for years :(

Advertisement