Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to wait for contracts to be issued

Options
  • 21-01-2016 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

It's now 5 weeks since we had an offer accepted, granted the early part of that doesn't count due to it coinciding with Christmas but how long does it normally take for contracts to be issued.

We are in a chain and we lost our original buyer due to a delay, we are afraid that this may happen again. The estate agent has not been much help and our solicitor has hit a wall with the sellers solicitor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Dellnum

I went sale agreed a week before Christmas and have been informed that the contracts will be issued in 2 weeks. It all depends on how long it takes to get the deeds. I would imagine that nothing was done the week before and after Christmas, so last week would have been the first week any work would have been done on it, and this is the second week. Another week or two would be par for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Is the house you are buying in negative equity? If it is, be prepaired for a LONG wait. The vendor will have to get permission to sell from their bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Does the owner of the house you are buying have a small mortgage,
    or is in negative equity,
    when bid is accepted it should take 2months to complete the house sale,
    eg you should be signing a contract to buy in week 5,or 6 ,
    The bank can slow things down,
    is house like 30 plus years old,
    my friend is selling house ,
    deal is being held up,
    while her lawyer checks all the documents ,bills owed ,
    her lawyer has to check, is water bill ,property tax etc all paid,
    she owns house, no loan,
    she signed contract to sell like 4 weeks ago.
    She is doing everything she can,
    a 50 euro esb bill can slow down the transaction.
    The buyers side have everything ready re , documents etc

Advertisement