Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

970 to 980

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

*double post*
    Twas the forum not me govn'r.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I think its not worth it tbh.

Why not overclock the 970 you have.It should bring you closer to the 980 performance.

Here are a few benchmarks to give yourself an idea of the difference between the two cards at stock clocks.Different models will vary the results.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1595?vs=1442

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I have that card, even with the same model you'll get different results but defo give OC a go. I had a good bash on mine to see if I could get it stable boosting into 1500mhz but it won't do it. I have it stable at 1294 boosting to 1433Mhz from a stock level of 1114 boosting to 1253Mhz. Have the memory on 7810 from stock of 7010. Get about 8-10 FPS for that on benchmarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Some benchmarks have shown that Hynix and Samsung memory have managed to OC high enough to be within 3% of the 980.

Not worth it IMO. Wait for Polaris/Pascal (whenever nVidia decides to get it's prototypes in order)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Maybe a Titan instead of the 980?

Or like previous suggestions, wait for new models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

If you already have a 970 the best option is probably to get another in sli, it will pretty much match a titan X if not beat it.

Advertisement