Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian resident for tax purposes

Options
  • 21-01-2016 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hi

Spent 9 months of 14/15 financial year working in Australia. taxed as Australian resident and claimed some tax back no problem.

worked 1 month of 15/16 financial year before returning home. filled out tax return form and had to post it. got a reply saying I owed them money.

Figures
    income - 7679
    tax paid as PAYG/PAYE - 2301

they said i should be paying 2495.67 as tax (35%) because I was a non-resident so I now owe them 194.65.

I was of the impression i would get all 2301 back due to being resident for tax purposes in previous year.

There is an objection form I can fill out. Do I stand much of a chance of getting my status for 15/16 changed and all tax paid returned?

Thanks,
    MM

Comments

Advertisement