Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

ElTel wrote: »
    Guys is it now as straightforward as there will be a DGW 25 for Liverpool and Everton if they both win in the FA cup this weekend?

I thought it was already more than likely to happen based on last night? But I haven't researched it properly. My reading of it was Liverpool-Everton league game would be postponed and when refixed, it'd be a DGW for both?

Regards MF plans.
    If GW 25 is confirmed a double for City-Pool-Everton.

I already have Silva for City cover. He'd be my shout for a direct KBD replacement.

Would sell Ozil for Firmino.

Then after a little rejig in defence, sell Firmino for Sanchez after the DGW.

To leave me with:
    Mahrez-Silva-Sanchez-Alli-Payet.

Is it after the Fa Cup draw when we'll know for certain?

Won't be making any moves on it until it's confirmed either way. I may go about selling a premium defender to start freeing up some funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Last season: COC semifinals were done on 28 Jan, Spurs DGW confirmed the next day: https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/560837360770764801
    Chelsea DGW not confirmed until 20 Feb: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/feb/200215-live-uk-television-fixtures-for-april-2015-released.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

patmac wrote: »
    My head hurts reading this, well done to all involved.

I'd like to echo this sentiment, great work done by all....I'm pretending to know what's going on but afraid to ask any stupid noob questions :o

I transferred KDB out for Sanchez last night as soon as I heard he was stretchered off.....not sure if that was the act of a cunning genius or a reactionary eejit :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Premier League ‏@premierleague
    (1/2) Liverpool v Everton and Newcastle v Man City, two #BPL fixtures in February, have been postponed because of the Capital One Cup final.

(2/2) Liverpool v Everton and Newcastle v Man City were originally scheduled for Sunday 28 February. A new date will be given in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Lads and ladettes, I've seen so much mention of a potential DGW in wk25, but it's GW24 coming right up, how am I meant to prepare for that at such short notice? When will they update the fixtures on the main site? Anyone know? I'm starting to panic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lads and ladettes, I've seen so much mention of a potential DGW in wk25, but it's GW24 coming right up, how am I meant to prepare for that at such short notice? When will they update the fixtures on the main site? Anyone know? I'm starting to panic!!

It's unlikely that there will be a dgw25.
    The gw27 games will likely be postponed to after the blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Just hold off on transfers till Monday if it's not announced by then it won't be happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Tell the truth... you thought there were FPL games tomorrow? :)

PARlance wrote: »
    Tell the truth... you thought there were FPL games tomorrow? :)

Ha, afraid not buddy! My beloved Liverpool are playing the hammers in the cup tomorrow, I was aware of that fact! My main concern is that my team is losing value big style and come Tuesday night it'll be alot worse, just trying to figure out who to take in for KDB that's all! Ideally i'll want someone with a DGW if that is in fact happening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ha, afraid not buddy! My beloved Liverpool are playing the hammers in the cup tomorrow, I was aware of that fact! My main concern is that my team is losing value big style and come Tuesday night it'll be alot worse, just trying to figure out who to take in for KDB that's all! Ideally i'll want someone with a DGW if that is in fact happening!
    I'm banking this week whether there is news or not, I wanna be in a position that when they announce news I'm 1 transfer ahead of even the people who will be aware of this, probably a few ahead of those whose heads it will go over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My predicament is....
    Have KDB.
    If City have a DGW25 I'll move him for Silva
    If City don't but Liverpool have a DGW25 I'll move him for Firminio
    Else I'll get in Sanchez.

I can only afford to go to Sanchez at current prices.

My predicament is....
    Have KDB.
    If City have a DGW25 I'll move him for Silva
    If City don't but Liverpool have a DGW25 I'll move him for Firminio
    Else I'll get in Sanchez.

I can only afford to go to Sanchez at current prices.

With the kdb injury I think it would now suit me better if there was no dgw in 25.

I think the fact that it's the Derby might make it a little less likely that they'd reschedule it at such short notice. Extra police presence required and all that.

CSF wrote:
    I think the fact that it's the Derby might make it a little less likely that they'd reschedule it at such short notice. Extra police presence required and all that.

Shouldn't be a factor for Newcastle - City though

• Advertisement

spock. wrote: »

Nope I think that's the more likely one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

this would please me greatly

km79 wrote:
    this would please me greatly

Me too.
    Have Kun, Yaya and Elliot from that and only Lukaku from the other game.
    Hoping City don't draw today.

So what are we gonna do on GW27 when City and the likes have a blank, what's the normal play there?

So what are we gonna do on GW27 when City and the likes have a blank, what's the normal play there?

You'd be hoping to get 11 out that week while benching your City, Newscastle, Everton or Liverpool players.
    If you can't get 11 without those players, you should use gw26 and gw27 to get rid of some of them. (Not Aguero!)

• Advertisement

This is a very good question. There is only 2 weeks or 2 transfers to offload the players with a blank. Assuming all your 15 man squad plays the most doubles you can have is 6 if your looking to field 11 players without hits in gw 27.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

This is a very good question. There is only 2 weeks or 2 transfers to offload the players with a blank. Assuming all your 15 man squad plays the most doubles you can have is 6 if your looking to field 11 players without hits in gw 27.

If this damn double goes ahead, and I doubt it will at this stage, I'd have been looking at 6 as the optimum number of doubles for 25. Wouldn't be averse to a hit in between.

Amazingly I've only taken one hit of -8 since GW11! :eek:

Well, if there was ever to be a DGW 25, there will be one.

Stoke lost today.

GW30 fixtures:
    Leicester - Newscastle
    Stoke - Southampton

Stoke v Soton guaranteed fixture in GW30

Dgw 34 is going to be huge very few Pl teams knocked out so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Need to pay close attention to this. With my triple captain still active this is my best chance of making up the small deficit in my leagues

Dgw 34 is going to be huge very few Pl teams knocked out so far.

Yeah. After the draw tomorrow it'll be possible to have a guess what 30 and 34 will look like barring major cup upsets.

Like I tried to do prematurely.

Btw..your man has updated his google sheet linked above already and seems to be shaping to add the odds of various games being on in 30 after tomorrow's draw.

If city are to have a double you would expect them to announce it tonight. It's only 10 days away.

• Advertisement

If city are to have a double you would expect them to announce it tonight. It's only 10 days away.

Yup, probably not gonna happen.

Stoke v Soton guaranteed fixture in GW30

Matty Targett folks. Matty Targett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

PARlance wrote: »
    Matty Targett folks. Matty Targett.

You are like a beggar after that 0.2 you lost on him!

dahat wrote: »
    You are like a beggar after that 0.2 you lost on him!

Season Goals:
    1. Reclaim lost money on Matty Targett.
    2. Finish as high as possible.

As it stands, I'm not very well set up for GW30. Have Elliot, Fuchs, and Mahrez. Vardy would be an obvious one to get, otherwise I'm going to struggle with FTs unless Arsenal and WBA goes ahead (which I'd rather it not....).

As it stands, I'm not very well set up for GW30. Have Elliot, Fuchs, and Mahrez. Vardy would be an obvious one to get, otherwise I'm going to struggle with FTs unless Arsenal and WBA goes ahead (which I'd rather it not....).

Think I'm going to bank this week with all this in mind
    Yaya to Sanchez just feels like a luxury transfer that I can do without

Austin on my mind...

West Ham - Liverpool gone to a replay.
    No chance of Liverpool or Everton having a DGW25 now.

Suits me fine . I only have lukaku.

• Advertisement

West Ham - Liverpool gone to a replay.
    No chance of Liverpool or Everton having a DGW25 now.

Works for me :D

If City get DGW announced for GW25, I'd imagine Aguero would be a popular triple captain choice that week (given that most would use bench boost for the DGW34)...
    Leicester (H), Newcastle (A)

If City get DGW announced for GW25, I'd imagine Aguero would be a popular triple captain choice that week (given that most would use bench boost for the DGW34)...
    Leicester (H), Newcastle (A)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hi folks,am not too aware of when and who look most likely to have DGW's soon....but lads here seem have it well sussed and are mentioning GW 25 and to a greater extent GW 30.

Could ye please give me a quick appraisal of how well or badly my current squad is fixed..esp with GW 30 in mind.
    Have used up 2 Ft this wk but have 4m in bank for future needs.
    Butland. McCarthy
    Alder Cresswell Targett Nyom. Simpson
    Antonio Payet. Ozil. Alli. Wijnaldum
    Kane. Lukaku. Aguero

Know 3 Hammers prob dodgy but Antonio in great form.

Really appreciate any advice.Thanks.

No chance of DGW26 for Liverpool-Everton now either with Everton advancing to 5th round. Lukaku gone for me by GW27 now

Don't think they ever had a chance of a DGW, but Everton advancing means that those teams definitely have a blank on GW27. Managing the blanks can be as important as the doubles. I'm down 3 that week as we stand, Moreno, Lukaku, Aguero

GW27
    Blanks - Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Man City

• Advertisement

Don't think they ever had a chance of a DGW, but Everton advancing means that those teams definitely have a blank on GW27. Managing the blanks can be as important as the doubles. I'm down 3 that week as we stand, Moreno, Lukaku, Aguero

GW27
    Blanks - Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Man City

No chance of DGW26 for Liverpool-Everton now either with Everton advancing to 5th round. Lukaku gone for me by GW27 now

26 was already gone with Europa league for Liverpool afaik.

Wonder is there any chance the City dgw will go ahead. They are free midweek 25 or 26 now I think although there are other ECL games in 26 which may prohibit.

If Liverpool and Everton had both lost in FA Cup, they could have played on 5th round day which would have been under GW26 I'd think

Arsenal city Chelsea spurs utd Liverpool Everton all in the draw for the last 16 can't ever remember a season with so many of the bigger teams through.

FA Cup fifth round draw

Chelsea v Manchester City

Reading v West Brom/Peterborough

Watford v Leeds United

Shrewsbury Town v Manchester United

Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool/West Ham United

Tottenham v Crystal Palace

Arsenal v Hull City

Bournemouth v Everton

• Advertisement
Advertisement