Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dann is going to score at least twice in GW33 and score 50 million points if we don't get him in, isn't he? :rolleyes:

Was just thinking similar
    He will score or assist at least one
    There is nothing more certain
    This has made tricky calls trickier
    Pool and Utd players will have to wait
    Prob taking one hit a week till end of season now
    Funes Mori FIRMLY back on the radar now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

My God this season is nuts. Haven't a notion what to do now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Will prob just punt on one Palace player. Really don't think they're worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

SantryRed wrote: »
    Will prob just punt on Palace player. Really don't think they're worth it.

Has to be Dann for me, no one else stands out at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

dahat wrote: »

Delaney isn't a bad choice if you're stuck for funds, good for an assist and has been unlucky not to score more often.

Dann at 5.8 though! Outragous price. Already scrapping for cash as it is so I won't be having him

Lennon allows Sanchez instead of ozil
    I like this

siblers wrote: »
    Delaney isn't a bad choice if you're stuck for funds, good for an assist and has been unlucky not to score more often.

Thanks for this.

Funes Mori, Lennon, Big Rom and Delaney all in under WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Happy enough with that I have rom and hennessey already. The game fixed the same day as the fa cup replay was the logical choice to limit clashing with another cl night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Dann at 5.8 though! Outragous price. Already scrapping for cash as it is so I won't be having him

You could buy;

1.487179487 Matt Targetts

or

1.380952381 Wayne Hennesseys

for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Tempted with Rooney for the dgw and captain him should he make it back in time. Had found some form prior to getting injured, and with Villa at home for the double...

Fixtures for Man U are very good gw34 onwards, incl the two dgws obviously. Personally I'd have to shift Kane to make way for Rooney, and this is the sticking point: -4 to get Rooney for dgw34, and then max 10 starters for gw35 (11 if I keep Kane). Meh blehhhhhhhh

Kind of want this fpl season to be over already :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It'd be a helluva lot easier if Aguero did the decent thing and took the rest of the season off ;-)

More funds to blow on WC team and no freaking out about not having Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Cartman78 wrote: »
    It'd be a helluva lot easier if Aguero did the decent thing and took the rest of the season off ;-)

More funds to blow on WC team and no freaking out about not having Aguero

Ok, I'm going to put it out there. Is there an argument for leaving Aguero out of a WC team??

His fixtures in DGW34 are poor, but he was always THE captaincy option in GW33. Now with Lukaku having a double in GW33 (added to the risk of rotation/early substitution due to proximity of CL QF) is there an argument the use the funds elsewhere?

Certainly a forward line of Aguero, Kane and Lukaku is a bank buster elsewhere, especially if Sanchez is needed too.

Benimar wrote: »
    Ok, I'm going to put it out there. Is there an argument for leaving Aguero out of a WC team??

His fixtures in DGW34 are poor, but he was always THE captaincy option in GW33. Now with Lukaku having a double in GW33 (added to the risk of rotation/early substitution due to proximity of CL QF) is there an argument the use the funds elsewhere?

Certainly a forward line of Aguero, Kane and Lukaku is a bank buster elsewhere, especially if Sanchez is needed too.

I certainly won't be going without him. Remember his 5 goals after a run of blanks earlier this season. You'll be at a serious disadvantage if he performs. His form isn't even that bad.

I certainly won't be going without him. Remember his 5 goals after a run of blanks earlier this season. You'll be at a serious disadvantage if he performs. His form isn't even that bad.

I knew there was something bugging me about this double being 33
    League leader sold Aguero and no way to buy him back
    He was NAILED on as my captain that week home to wear brom
    Lost an advantage now as every man woman and child will have lukaku captain so will have to go him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So yeah I just sat down to make my plan. I have one conclusion and one conclusion only:

A complete and total nervous breakdown is likely to occur by the end of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Yeah I've started, got frustrated and gave up a few times already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Surprised Bollasie hasn't been mentioned yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

If he didn't have a GW35 fixture I'd more strongly consider it, but I see him as necessary until that point and I'm even nervous about my Aguero to Deeney plan GW36. But then again, I'm not going double Arsenal mids

Got all 4 if those in my team. Gw35 will be tricky but think the benefits of 33 and 34 will get me through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Now he's not going to be captain in 33 he's out of my plans. Back to the drawing board!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Bolasie time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

djPSB wrote: »
    Bolasie time.

Would rather Wickham if I was going for a Palace attacker, at least he's shown some kind of form lately.

Would rather Wickham if I was going for a Palace attacker, at least he's shown some kind of form lately.

Uses up a striker spot reserved for Kane Kun and Lukaku

Thinks there's far too many options to be reserving spots at this stage. The only player I won't consider dropping is Mahrez and that's only because I wouldn't have the funds to buy him back.

I'm dropping Kane if the other two don't get injured. 10m is too much for a SGW unless I compromise a lot elsewhere

I'm going all in on this it's going to make or break my season. At least I'll have a lot of matches to watch if nothing else!

jimmii wrote: »
    I'm going all in on this it's going to make or break my season. At least I'll have a lot of matches to watch if nothing else!

3 Palace then? ;). Looking like Mahrez will be my only SGWer although I'm only going to be able to field 9 or 10 in GW35 before hits

3 Palace then? ;). Looking like Mahrez will be my only SGWer although I'm only going to be able to field 9 or 10 in GW35 before hits

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

Not reading through 66 pages but is using WC this round and playing bench boost for the mega game week the thing to do?

Edit: just noticed GW37 too!

• Advertisement

L.S.F wrote: »
    Not reading through 66 pages but is using WC this round and playing bench boost for the mega game week the thing to do?

Yeah wildcard for dgw 33, bench boost for dgw 34 and TC for gw 37 is popular. You could even wildcard this week and TC in gameweek 33. Gameweek 34 is probably the best week for a bench boost however, due to the number of teams with a dgw and your wildcard allowing you to maximise your dgw players

How likely is Wellbeck to hold his starting place? Been impressed with his movement for Arsenal.

How likely is Wellbeck to hold his starting place? Been impressed with his movement for Arsenal.

Possible but I wouldn't wanna risk it. Would hate to get him in for the double and only see him play one game

Possible but I wouldn't wanna risk it. Would hate to get him in for the double and only see him play one game

That's my fear. I'd rather Wellbeck and Sanchez to two Arsenal mids but pointless risk if i cant be sure he will get two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gerard3003

Anyone going real ballsy and TC on Sturridge in DGW in GW 34?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

I'd love to, but have no confidence in him playing both games.

Gerard3003 wrote: »
    Anyone going real ballsy and TC on Sturridge in DGW in GW 34?

I think that's madness tbh. The DGW comes straight after the Dortmund 2nd leg, so not a chance Sturridge starts both. He's also only getting 65-70 mins in the games he does start.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gerard3003

LostArt wrote: »
    I'd love to, but have no confidence in him playing both games.
    I think that's madness tbh. The DGW comes straight after the Dortmund 2nd leg, so not a chance Sturridge starts both. He's also only getting 65-70 mins in the games he does start.

That's all thats stopping me tbh , aside from that I'm strongly considering some of Man U's defence/De Gea

L.S.F wrote: »

I'm going to WC this week, BB in 34 and then TC most likely in 37 but could be tempted to blow it on Lukaku in 33!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

People wildcarding this week or next what is your long term plan,till week 35, 36,37 or 38.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

patmac wrote: »
    People wildcarding this week or next what is your long term plan,till week 35, 36,37 or 38.

Rough idea of my plan is WC this week, TC in 34 and BB in 37.

Current team - set up with DGWs in mind:

Mignolet(Robles)
    Bellerin Reid Smalling (Simpson Flanagan)
    Sanchez Coutinho Payet Mahrez (Alli)
    Aguero Kane Lukaku

Will keep Kane (Possibly change for Rashford/Martial in 34 with FT)

2 dgwers for 33.
    10/11 dgwers for 34.
    Will use TC on Sanchez I think.

Have 9 for GW35
    Could get a player in to make 10, but would rather hold for DGW37.

Have 7/8 DGWers for 37 currently. With the remaining 4 FTs I will get in another 4 to make 12.

Thinking Bellerin - Azpi
    Sanchez - Willian
    Aguero - Sturridge/Costa
    Alli - Lingard

Any thoughts/opinions?

The only thing I've set in stone is WC33, BB34 and TC37. As for what my team will be, that's a whole different story! Robles, Lukaku, Mahrez and 12 others is all I have for now!

35 is really the only issue. I'm just going to close my eyes and hope it goes away.

After an hour staring at it i've currently got this for GW33

DDG Elliott
    Funes Mori Clyne Bellerin Cresswell Delaney
    Sanchez Firmino Mahrez Lennon Payet
    Lukaku Aguero Mitrovic

Mitrovic is a punt that could go horribly wrong so not sold on him yet. Defence is quite expensive but full of attacking threat. Could field 10 in GW35 then by getting PVA and Azpi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

jimmii wrote: »
    . I'm just going to close my eyes and hope it goes away.

That's been my strategy for the entire season since the September international break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I was gonna keep Aguero, but now thinking of keeping Kane instead. Much better stats, all he's missing is the DGW.

Also thinking of wildcarding next week now rather than this week again. Gives me another week to monitor the returns of KDB, Firmino, possibly Rooney (not that I'd get him but in case he dislodges Rashford)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

TC Rom GW33 is on for me. He may aswell break my balls one more time. Most likely activate WC in the morning, I'll be in the horrors for the week :pac:

37 have 10 or 11 DGWers. 35 either take a hit or two or buy a large couch and pray to Ashley Pulis

After an hour staring at it i've currently got this for GW33

DDG Elliott
    Funes Mori Clyne Bellerin Cresswell Delaney
    Sanchez Firmino Mahrez Lennon Payet
    Lukaku Aguero Mitrovic

Mitrovic is a punt that could go horribly wrong so not sold on him yet. Defence is quite expensive but full of attacking threat. Could field 10 in GW35 then by getting PVA and Azpi.

Funes Mori is under threat from Stones, Jags is safer and a bap magnet. But Funes Mori does have big goal threat to be fair

lougal88 wrote: »
    Rough idea of my plan is WC this week, TC in 34 and BB in 37.

Current team - set up with DGWs in mind:

Mignolet(Robles)
    Bellerin Reid Smalling (Simpson Flanagan)
    Sanchez Coutinho Payet Mahrez (Alli)
    Aguero Kane Lukaku

Will keep Kane (Possibly change for Rashford/Martial in 34 with FT)

2 dgwers for 33.
    10/11 dgwers for 34.
    Will use TC on Sanchez I think.

Have 9 for GW35
    Could get a player in to make 10, but would rather hold for DGW37.

Have 7/8 DGWers for 37 currently. With the remaining 4 FTs I will get in another 4 to make 12.

Thinking Bellerin - Azpi
    Sanchez - Willian
    Aguero - Sturridge/Costa
    Alli - Lingard

Any thoughts/opinions?

Not a big fan of Flanagan unless Moreno has a set back. Reid also has a dodgy injury record this season, I've been looking at Ogbonna as a cheaper way than Cresswell

• Advertisement
Advertisement