Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Haven't been too active on this recently but have just had a rigorous look throughout the thread and have made the decision to wildcard a week earlier than planned.

This is very much subject to change but the provisional squad is this:

Mignolet- DDG
    Bellerin - Cresswell - Delaney - Sakho - Gabriel
    Payet - Sanchez - Mahrez - Barkley - Alli
    Kane - kun - lukaku

That squad gives me: 4 dgw 33 + TC lukaku
    12/13 dgw 34+ BB
    8/9 gw 35 with 1 ft

The biggest dilemma for me is Alli. He has burned me so many times this year I am naturally scared to lose him. But there will surely be more effective options than him with BB in mind. He does have a game in gw35, although a Liverpool mid would also fit the bill. I can't trust a Liverpool mid atm so will bide my time on that. I feel the lack of a Liverpool mid is my biggest issue but other than that I'm fairly confident that team can gain a lot of ground over the coming weeks

Gabriel does worry me a little but it does appear he is first choice, although wenger can be notoriously unreliable. How safe is his place is the question, but if it's secure I can't see any better options in his price range

One last question. How do ye rate rojo as a cheaper way into the Utd defence. I want a Utd defender and could do with the funds that would save me. How nailed is he, if at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I've only been studying for about 3 hours a day for the last 2 weeks and here are some of my observations -

United - I've read that Rojo will be leaving the club at the end of the season and with Borthwick Jackson fit again I'd say BJ will get the game-time. Rojo seems to be very injury prone too. Lingard looks a good cheap option but midfielders are aplenty and not causing anybody too much trouble to find 5. Martial is a no go as he's OOP and Rashford will lose game-time as soon as Rooney is fit which will be before the DGW. United options - DDG, Smalling, BJ and Lingard and Darmian is an option .

I've had Martial in all my drafts. Good home form, getting more shots in the box off than Rashford, and on pens over Mata at least

stephenl15 wrote: »
    A surprising amount of you wildcarding this week. Like the old January wildcard, the longer you wait, the more information you have. I think it's safer to wait until next week when the picture will be as clear as possible. That's not to say things will change and wildcarding this week is wrong, I just think it's the safer option for such an important period. And as I posted somewhere else, allows me to keep Ivanovic and take a 1 week punt :)

I was relatively happy with my team, but am behind where I want to be in OR and MLs so am taking risks. WC this GW gives me option of Lukaku TC 33 and I have an extra FT to punt on Bolasie/Dann

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Haven't been too active on this recently but have just had a rigorous look throughout the thread and have made the decision to wildcard a week earlier than planned.

This is very much subject to change but the provisional squad is this:

Mignolet- DDG
    Bellerin - Cresswell - Delaney - Sakho - Gabriel
    Payet - Sanchez - Mahrez - Barkley - Alli
    Kane - kun - lukaku

That squad gives me: 4 dgw 33 + TC lukaku
    12/13 dgw 34+ BB
    8/9 gw 35 with 1 ft

The biggest dilemma for me is Alli. He has burned me so many times this year I am naturally scared to lose him. But there will surely be more effective options than him with BB in mind. He does have a game in gw35, although a Liverpool mid would also fit the bill. I can't trust a Liverpool mid atm so will bide my time on that. I feel the lack of a Liverpool mid is my biggest issue but other than that I'm fairly confident that team can gain a lot of ground over the coming weeks

Gabriel does worry me a little but it does appear he is first choice, although wenger can be notoriously unreliable. How safe is his place is the question, but if it's secure I can't see any better options in his price range

One last question. How do ye rate rojo as a cheaper way into the Utd defence. I want a Utd defender and could do with the funds that would save me. How nailed is he, if at all?

Best WC team I've seen so far. You must have a shedload of cash.

Rojo or Borthwick Jackson will be the left back but with you using WC this week you won't get a chance to see which one. I think it will be BJ. Can you afford Darmian ?

If you haven't got much cash tied up in Ali I'd drop him for Coutinho and bring him back in later if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

How many are seriously thinking Lukuku TC next GW?

2 tough away games albeit Everton are better away from home but surely better options in GW34?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Mignolet | Robles

Bellerin | Gabriel | Sakho | Ogbonna | Delaney

Payet | Ozil | Mahrez | Lennon | Bolasie

Kane | Aguero | Lukaku

Bolasie/Delaney ---» Firmino/Defender playing GW35

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Migs | Robles
    Monreal | Sagna | Clyne | Evans | Daniels
    Payet | Coutinho | Cabaye | Willian | Zaha
    Aguero | Lukaku | Wellbeck

Willian for Barkley next week
    Daniels for someone GW34 with BB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Bolasie cold feet a bit. Any Palace fans? He played up front when Adebayor went off at ht vs Leicester. Ffs speculation that he could continue up front with Sako coming back to fitness for the left side (sako came on for ade onto left side and Bolasie went up front) ).

But a fear struck me that with Wickham potentially fit could Bolasie actually be dropped for Sako??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FHFC wrote: »
    Bolasie cold feet a bit. Any Palace fans? He played up front when Adebayor went off at ht vs Leicester. Ffs speculation that he could continue up front with Sako coming back to fitness for the left side (sako came on for ade onto left side and Bolasie went up front) ).

But a fear struck me that with Wickham potentially fit could Bolasie actually be dropped for Sako??
    Bolassie is gonna be my punt for the next few weeks. 2 DGW's and then sell him

• Advertisement

Dubliner28 wrote: »

2 tough away games albeit Everton are better away from home but surely better options in GW34?

Most are BBing in GW34

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Watford's home form has dipped as of late, Palace haven't won a game at home since December.

While on paper it might look as though Everton are disinterested at this stage, I'm confident Martinez will want to finish as high up the table as possible so he can maximise his transfer budget, and or keep his job. Lukaku is also in with a shout for top goal scorer.

In short, I don't think there will be any lack of hunger from Everton.

I'm not seeing any obvious choice for the TC for GW 34, who would you suggest?

Will depend how Everton look this week as they were woeful vs Arsenal. There's a good chance Lukaku will get at least a goal in the 2 games in 33 if they are half at themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Arbitrary wrote: »
    Watford's home form has dipped as of late, Palace haven't won a game at home since December.

While on paper it might look as though Everton are disinterested at this stage, I'm confident Martinez will want to finish as high up the table as possible so he can maximise his transfer budget, and or keep his job. Lukaku is also in with a shout for top goal scorer.

In short, I don't think there will be any lack of hunger from Everton.

I'm not seeing any obvious choice for the TC for GW 34, who would you suggest?

Sanchez or Ozil.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

keano_afc wrote: »
    Sanchez or Ozil.

Decent shouts but I'd much rather have it on a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

With all the DGW, TC and BB options coming I've decided to WC a week earlier than planned. Advice on alternatives greatly appreciated

Mignolet (Hennessey)

Bellerin Gabriel reid (Coleman, janmaat)

Sanchez Barkley Payet Coutinho (Zaha)

Aguero Lukaku Martial

Plan is
    AOA GW33
    BB GW34
    TC later on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Chesty08 wrote: »
    With all the DGW, TC and BB options coming I've decided to WC a week earlier than planned. Advice on alternatives greatly appreciated

Mignolet (Hennessey)

Bellerin Gabriel reid (Coleman, janmaat)

Sanchez Barkley Payet Coutinho (Zaha)

Aguero Lukaku Martial

Plan is
    AOA GW33
    BB GW34
    TC later on

What's your plan for gw35?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What's your plan for gw35?

Plan for GW35 is

Mignolet

Bellerin Gabriel Janmaat

Sanchez Coutinho

Aguero Martial

That is 8 starting players... looking at bringing in 2 of Vardy, Kane or Mahrez then.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm having second thoughts on Bolaise in my WC team.

Thinking of keeping Alli in the team and then swapping him out for Firmino/Coutinho for GW33.

So it comes down to Alli (liv, MUN) vs Bolaise (whu, NOR, EVE).

Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Think I'll WC this week after debating it all international break. Looking at the fixtures the best TC option for me is Lukaku in GW33. Will be BB in GW34 because its too hard to plan ahead to GW37 with form/injuries.
    Only alternative for TC that could match him is Payet in GW37 but he might be rested for a game if they get to the FA cup final or worse he could be injured . Then its a punt on a Utd/LIV player in GW37 or Lukaku if I still have him.

I think people are overthinking having DGW players in GW37, too many players could be injured/rested/gone off the boil by then and a lot of teams will be gone on holidays so hard to predict what way games will go!

I think GW33-35 are where the points will be gained by most people chasing, especially GW35 where more casual players will be short imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thinking about the TC .........everyone will at least captain lukaku in 33 surely so you are only gaining /missing out on one set of scores from him .......whereas in gw34 someone like Sanchez for example won't be as widely captained or owned.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

What's the latest on Rooney?

Would it be that crazy to TC him for 34?

His record against Villa is pretty impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    Thinking about the TC .........everyone will at least captain lukaku in 33 surely so you are only gaining /missing out on one set of scores from him .......whereas in gw34 someone like Sanchez for example won't be as widely captained or owned.........

I think a lot of people (me included) plan to BB in GW34, which eliminates the use of the TC.

Specifically in relation to Sanchez, I'd be reluctant to put it on someone with 3 scores higher than 6 all season! Looking at his stats, if 2014/15 Alexis Sanchez didn't exist, no one would have the 2015/16 version at 10.8m. He just hasn't done it this season, outside of 3 consecutive games.

I get that Sanchez could 'explode' at any time, but you are more likely to be looking at a TC score in the 12-21 point range than the 60-75 range.

I've been reluctant to put this in writing as it will undoubtedly come back to bite me, but I see him as a huge gamble as a TC - Lukaku, Payet, Firmino and Ozil would be well ahead of him for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

lougal88 wrote: »
    What's the latest on Rooney?

Would it be that crazy to TC him for 34?

His record against Villa is pretty impressive.

He's notoriously slow to come into form after injury lay-offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Defensive options are really confusing me at the moment.

Robles + Man Utd defender like Darmian (not guaranteed games with Valencia back? but good price at total cost of 9.7) or Smalling (overpriced, total cost 10.8).
    Or De Gea and Funes Mori for (11.2). Latter is better for potential saves/bonus/attacking returns I think but if Darmian was guaranteed gametime.... hmmm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

KDB is back bítches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

SlickRic wrote: »
    KDB is back bítches.

Not a chance in hell I can afford him without a mortgage, probably good news for Aguero though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

I'm holding off doing the WC till next week, it gives me more time to see how the likes of Cech, Firmino and KDB etc are doing. I can field a reasonable team this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

SlickRic wrote: »
    KDB is back bítches.

Flag has been removed and all....

He's on my bench at the moment as I know he won't get 90mins...but is that a mistake? Is anyone starting him?

8-10 wrote: »
    Flag has been removed and all....

He's on my bench at the moment as I know he won't get 90mins...but is that a mistake? Is anyone starting him?

I'd say you're in a very small minority owning him at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'd say you're in a very small minority owning him at this point.

We are two....

Darlow Mignolet

Gabriel Bellrin Delaney Sakho Simpson

KDB Sanchez Mahrez Payet Barkley

Kane Lukaku Aguero

Now this WC draft empties my bank and without Utd cover but i could swap Kane for a striker for DGW34.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Lads

I don't see why the love for KDB. He's a great player and adds to Man City but he hasn't been a great FPL asset this year imo. I had him for 2 of his big hauls and it was great, but I also had him for many of him normal 2-3 point hauls.

tkrppGM.jpg

At this point in the season with only one league left to play for I'm looking for an edge anywhere.

There is no disputing the graph posted on KDB but he like Sanchez is capable of 15pt scores any week which is what I'm hoping for.

Best WC team I've seen so far. You must have a shedload of cash.

Rojo or Borthwick Jackson will be the left back but with you using WC this week you won't get a chance to see which one. I think it will be BJ. Can you afford Darmian ?

If you haven't got much cash tied up in Ali I'd drop him for Coutinho and bring him back in later if you want to.

Rojo is certainly looking less and less appealing . Could possibly wait and transfer one of rojo/bj for Delaney next week and get another keeper.

I will lose 0.7m on alli if I transfer him out and back in,which is yet another aspect of the dilemma. Will probably wait until gw34 to make that decision.

Rojo is certainly looking less and less appealing . Could possibly wait and transfer one of rojo/bj for Delaney next week and get another keeper.

I will lose 0.7m on alli if I transfer him out and back in,which is yet another aspect of the dilemma. Will probably wait until gw34 to make that decision.

I'll be using Delaney as a placeholder through 33 and may get a United def for 34. If BJ(notBanda) is in the team for 34 fantastic. If not Rojo will have to do.

dahat wrote: »
    We are two....

Darlow Mignolet

Gabriel Bellrin Delaney Sakho Simpson

KDB Sanchez Mahrez Payet Barkley

Kane Lukaku Aguero

Now this WC draft empties my bank and without Utd cover but i could swap Kane for a striker for DGW34.

Abandoned the KDB bus pretty quickly!

I'll be using Delaney as a placeholder through 33 and may get a United def for 34. If BJ(notBanda) is in the team for 34 fantastic. If not Rojo will have to do.

Tc Banda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

To ensure 11 starters in gw35 and have min 14 players with double in gw34 should I wildcard this GW or next GW?? #Confused help appreciated ")

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Is Gabriel now preferred to Mert or is he a rotation risk? I see a lot of people including him in WC teams.

• Advertisement

That's exactly what I'm going to do. Hopefully it's bj but I'll take whoever is going to start.

bantee wrote: »
    Is Gabriel now preferred to Mert or is he a rotation risk? I see a lot of people including him in WC teams.

Check the transfer thread.
    FHFC posted a brilliant graphic on Arsenal defence.
    Basically Gabriel always starts unless injured since Merts red card.

That's exactly what I'm going to do. Hopefully it's bj but I'll take whoever is going to start.

Is it worth getting Delaney in until gw34 to facilitate elsewhere do you think?

It's been pointed out that Palace def are muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mig Robles
    Bellerin Gabriel Sakho Janmaat Cresswell
    Payet Sanchez Mahrez Barkley Coutinho
    Aguero Lukaku Vardy

Final team. I think :o

thewools wrote: »
    To ensure 11 starters in gw35 and have min 14 players with double in gw34 should I wildcard this GW or next GW?? #Confused help appreciated ")

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2016/03/29/maximising-the-double-gameweek-advantage/

You can, but it involves getting more players from Man City/Newcastle/WBA and less from ManU/West Ham than I care for. I highly doubt I'll field 11 in GW35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Try as I might I just can't find a way to max out on the DGW players and have come to the realisation that I just have to keep Mahrez and Vardy. There's a worse pairings to have to keep I guess! If I don't give 200 points a run for its money over 33 & 34 I'll be disappointed.

• Advertisement

Take it away from me before I go mad.

Guys in Dark blue are playing, light blue on the bench. Underlined are transfers in. Plans are less concrete as we go right.

2gx4ldt.png

GW33 - Lukaku TC (WAT, pal)
    GW34 - Bench Boost. 13 DGW'ers + Kane/Mahrez
    GW35 - 11 players
    GW37 - 9 DGW'ers + Mahrez/Sanchez

No Alli is the one regret but couldn't fit everything it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Take it away from me before I go mad.

Guys in Dark blue are playing, light blue on the bench. Underlined are transfers in. Plans are less concrete as we go right.

2gx4ldt.png

GW33 - Lukaku TC (WAT, pal)
    GW34 - Bench Boost. 13 DGW'ers + Kane/Mahrez
    GW35 - 11 players
    GW37 - 9 DGW'ers + Mahrez/Sanchez

No Alli is the one regret but couldn't fit everything it.

I can't decide whether you absolutely hate fantasy football or absolutely love it.
    Fair play to ya!:D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Oh love it!

Also, zero point hits, and 4 DGW'ers for GW33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Oh love it!

Also, zero point hits, and 4 DGW'ers for GW33

Your hard work will be very useful for me, much easier to plan when it is done in table form.
    I plan to wildcard gw33 though. I have not went to the permutations yet basically because I was afraid to!

I have a feeling there will a lot of agonising decisions like whether to keep spurs and Leicester players and go full on double gameweek, for a start.

There is also two very cheap goalkeepers suddenly available in Darlow and Given which could be crucial in stretching the last few .1m or two for the total 15.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I can't decide whether you absolutely hate fantasy football or absolutely love it.
    Fair play to ya!:D

we are all mental
    ye know that right?
    carazay

• Advertisement
Advertisement