Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

If I wildcard next GW will I lose my 2 free Free Transfers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

thewools wrote:
    If I wildcard next GW will I lose my 2 free Free Transfers?

Yeah.
    If you're definitely going to, you may as well use your saved one now for a one week punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

spock. wrote:
    Yeah. If you're definitely going to, you may as well use your saved one now for a one week punt.

Cheers.. not too many viable options.. I can't bring in any Chelsea players.. iwobi maybe??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone taking a punt on Phil 4.7 Jones? With a view to benching him over next 2 GW's and hoping he's fit for the double?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »
    Anyone taking a punt on Phil 4.7 Jones? With a view to benching him over next 2 GW's and hoping he's fit for the double?

NO HE WILL GET INJURED AGAIN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

km79 wrote: »
    you are taking a big big risk for 35
    even one of your planned transfers for 34 does not have a game in 35
    and that's before any possible injuries !
    why 2 palace defenders? an unnecessary risk for little reward IMO
    also I'd stick with coutinho. why take the risk with firmino and a dodgy hamstring. damn all between them anyway and both may only play one and a bit of the double .....

Ok so I took your advice and downgraded Cresswell to Ogbonna. And Delaney is now Sakho.

0.7m itb.

Will now have 9 for gw35 and 2 fts.
    Still well set up for next 2 weeks also I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

thewools wrote: »
    Cheers.. not too many viable options.. I can't bring in any Chelsea players.. iwobi maybe??

you may as well use your two transfers if needed. no value in saving one if wildcarding next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    NO HE WILL GET INJURED AGAIN

He's got DGW hero written all over him though. Good advice but I'm going to gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »
    He's got DGW hero written all over him though. Good advice but I'm going to gamble.

I'm not bringing in a united defender until the Friday night of the double
    will know more by then
    I see a lot getting rojo in
    he won't play both

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Caught in the following dilemma

Current - Considering
    Bellerin to Sagna
    Mahrez to Mata
    Martial to Welbeck

With only Aguero as City cover I think I must be made given City's current fixtures and the double week. Plus will be a differential in my ML as no rivals have city players.

Welbeck is on form and should play. Martial is to hit & miss.

Mata. Utd have 3 home games in next 4. Everton, Palace & Villa so need to get cover in here! Could replace Reid or Janmaat here also for Utd defender?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lemlin wrote: »
    Reading the thread the past few days I do think people are going overboard with the DGW players.

Damien Delaney, for example, 19 points over 11 gameweeks. An in-form defender could get near that in one game!

Bolasie has been injured but he has one assist since he returned 4 GWs ago. Before that, in 17 GWs, he had scored over 2 points just four times.

I learned the hard way in previous seasons, bringing in lads like Kevin Nolan, that a single GW player in form could easily outscore a doubler.
    Over the past 2 weeks I swayed both ways, towards DGW players and way from them.

In the end it came down to why am I playing the game, I'm down in the 100k club this season, not really gonna win much, not gonna beat my overall rank PB, and to be able to enjoy having players involved in twice as many games will be twice the fun over the next few weeks.

If I was in the top 1k, maybe I'd feel different

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I stayed away from the game for too long. Couldn't find the energy to really dig into this end of season madness.

So, if I'm not too late I'm gonna WC just to give me the possibility of a Lukaku (TC) next GW.

I see most teams with Robles. Why? Because 3 doubles (well 2 doubles since most are also going Mignolet and I guess the latter will play GW37)? Because cheap?

How big a chance Lennon has to be rotated? He started the last 6 PL games. Was he replacing injured players?

iroced wrote: »
    I stayed away from the game for too long. Couldn't find the energy to really dig into this end of season madness.

So, if I'm not too late I'm gonna WC just to give me the possibility of a Lukaku (TC) next GW.

I see most teams with Robles. Why? Because 3 doubles (well 2 doubles since most are also going Mignolet and I guess the latter will play GW37)? Because cheap?

How big a chance Lennon has to be rotated? He started the last 6 PL games. Was he replacing injured players?

Yep Mignolet Robles is a no brainer for me. Gets you the double in 33, BB two doublers in 34 and game in 35 for a minimal price. Hard to know with Lennon. Mirallas is back from a 2 game ban and there's Delofeu. RM might not fancy either of them but there's no doubting Lennon has plenty of competition if you also wanna include Cleverley.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Final final draft

Adrian - Mig
    Bell Gab Sagna - Coleman Delaney
    Sanchez KDB Mahrez Lanzini - Zaha
    Aguero Lukaku Martial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,965 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Final final draft

Adrian - Mig
    Bell Gab Sagna - Coleman Delaney
    Sanchez KDB Mahrez Lanzini - Zaha
    Aguero Lukaku Martial

You obviously think palace will do well.
    Looks decent overall.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You obviously think palace will do well.
    Looks decent overall.

There's a good few of us rolling the dice on that. Once you're outside the top 10k it doesn't matter if you finish 300k or 30k imo so may as well go high risk high reward and try and get a 4 digit rank.

Finally confirmed WC...

The game is being updated :eek:. Fecking computer not being on the right time :mad:!!!

I have no idea who's playing and who's my captain this week...

I may now just write this season off... I may also question my interest in the game. Not the first time I'm caught by this "game being updated". Really had to force myself back into the game after my break. This may mean something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Last minute switch from Cech, Sakho and Ozil to Mignolet, Gabriel and Sanchez before the deadline. Think I'm happy with that. Pretty template WC team so hoping for no injuries now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thank god that's over...head is melted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Finally confirmed WC...

The game is being updated :eek:. Fecking computer not being on the right time :mad:!!!

I have no idea who's playing and who's my captain this week...

I may now just write this season off... I may also question my interest in the game. Not the first time I'm caught by this "game being updated". Really had to force myself back into the game after my break. This may mean something...

Feel actual pain for ya!!

What team did you go with??

Tip. Set all your clocks 5 mins fast and keep the faith! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

No WC left. Not sure how much of a hit I will take yet. Thrown the below together for now:

Mert > Bellerin
    Cedric > Darmian
    Siggy > Couthino
    Vardy > Martial

Schmeichel
    Bellerin Darmian Wolly Dier Francis
    Payet Mahrez Couthino Ozil Wanyama
    Martial Aguero Kane

Advice greatly apperciated because I dunno who the must haves are, or how much of a hit I shoud take.

Maybe some Everton cover, Lukaku in for Kane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KDB could be my one WC error, likely try manoeuvre him in for 34 if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That's the problem with the early wildcard things could look a lot different in 2 gws time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Totally agree but i knew that so I'm stuck as i am for now. Other than that I'm pretty well set up I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

That's the problem with the early wildcard things could look a lot different in 2 gws time.

Someone made a comment here that it should be used like I used to use the January one - as late as possible so that all info is available.

That's what's leading me to leave it for 34 itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Lemlin wrote:
    Reading the thread the past few days I do think people are going overboard with the DGW players.

Damien Delaney, for example, 19 points over 11 gameweeks. An in-form defender could get near that in one game!

Bolasie has been injured but he has one assist since he returned 4 GWs ago. Before that, in 17 GWs, he had scored over 2 points just four times.

All of what you said makes perfect sense.

But I am so far behind in my main league I have to do something mad.

Here's my reasoning:
    Went with Bolasie, A 6.0 MF tipped to play up front with 5 games in 3 GWs.
    Id gladly pay 6.0 for a striker with 5 games in 3 GWs.

*I bought Delaney for the next 2 weeks and logically he's my third sub as he never scores :)
    Logic has gotten me nowhere this season. I'll never learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

KDB or Sanchez in with my wild card next GW for TC GW34

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    KDB or Sanchez in with my wild card next GW for TC GW34

Why have one when you can have both? :cool:

Someone made a comment here that it should be used like I used to use the January one - as late as possible so that all info is available.

Haha that was me. I'm still gonna use it for 33 week so I can BB 34. But yeah that's what I meant in that now KDB and Sanchez are now looking much more tempting, particularly Sanchez whereas before this week I was thinking of going with Ozil to save the 1m

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Feel actual pain for ya!!

What team did you go with??

Tip. Set all your clocks 5 mins fast and keep the faith! ;)
    Just realised the automatic time set-up on my laptop was not updating (server was down). Changed server and works fine now.
    WC team
    Mignolet (Robles)
    Bellerin Gabriel Cresswell (Sakho Delaney)
    Sanchez Payet (VC) Mahrez Alli (Lennon)
    Aguero (C) Kane Lukaku

Went with
    Fabianski (Hennessey)
    Simpson Wollscheid Dawson (Alder VVD)
    Ozil Alli Payet Mahrez (VC) (Siggy)
    Aguero (C) Kane Vardy

Can't remember getting Payet in (for Silva)...
    Can't remember (C)ing Aguero too...

Ah well my fault to keep it that late. But looking at the results so far, to say I'm gutted is an understatement...

I've been holding, backing and praising Sanchez for the whole season and should have been rewarded today... Will have to find somehow the strength to care now...

My main interest in keeping the WC that long was a huge DGW BB. If you WC in 34, you lose that opportunity and I feel you'd have better WCed early like Busts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Mitrovoic is now on my radar for DGW. Tasty GW too next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Mitrovoic is now on my radar for DGW. Tasty GW too next week

When he didn't start I was contemplating what I should do to get him out. Looking much brighter now.

Newcastle defensive players don't look as appealing as they once did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Newcastle defensive players don't look as appealing as they once did.

Yeah I'll be getting rid of Janmaat for a Liverpool or United defender I think.

How did Sturridge look this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

How did Sturridge look this evening?
    Poor. Very isolated. Had one great chance and should have scored. Has looked very sulky since came back. Not really considering him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Think I cracked it... for today at least!

PDDIRx8.png

Have a few other drafts but a bench boost in 34 with them fellos and I should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kolczastyy

WC activeted and my draft is here:

Migs, Robles
    Bellerin, Cresswell, Sakho, Dellaney, Janmaat
    Coutinho, Sako, Mahrez, Payet, Ozil
    Kun, Lukaku, Kane

1) I've bought Mahrez and Bellerin before GW1 so I can't sell them now

2) Sanchez or Ozil? If Sanchez then Janmaat to Borthwick-Jackson...

3)with Ozil in draft, I play Sako because he played as forward today and is mid in the game. It's the only reason I wont use Bolasie.
    I know he is only CP player, in DGW34 opponents are tough (Arsenal, MUFC away)... nonetheless I left funds to get back Alli if will change my mind. Is he worth a punt? I would say yes in DGW33, but still we have DGW34 where I can use Lennon e.x.

4) How it was? If Sturr plays, Firmino is anonymous? I cant imagine LFC play without Sturr...

5) SANCHEZ OR OZIL?!

comments apprecieated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Lads, gentle reminder that a rake of teams don't play in 35. There's a few wildcard teams popping up that'll have some serious empty places come 35! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

First draft has:

33 - 4 doubles
    34 - 13 doubles (benchboost)
    35 - 9 players, 2 free subs and no injuries = 11 hopefully
    36 - no transfer
    37 - 3 doubles (TC), 2 free subs and no injuries = 5 doubles hopefully

However, that is with nothing in the bank and 3 Crystal Palace defenders.

• Advertisement

WC team
    Mignolet (Robles)
    Bellerin Gabriel Cresswell (Sakho Delaney)
    Sanchez Payet (VC) Mahrez Alli (Lennon)
    Aguero (C) Kane Lukaku

Went with
    Fabianski (Hennessey)
    Simpson Wollscheid Dawson (Alder VVD)
    Ozil Alli Payet Mahrez (VC) (Siggy)
    Aguero (C) Kane Vardy

So. Here I stand. In the middle of the battlefield, staring at the damages...

I'm on 45 pts with Simpson Mahrez & Vardy to go. Down 4k to 84k
    WC team would be on 72 with Mahrez & Lukaku to go. I'd be half that up to 42k with those bloody 27 points. This is my worst fùck up ever in the game.

Hector & Alexis, why oh whyyyyyy did you have to burn me that bad today, after all the faith and love I gave you for so many seasons now :( ???!!!

Think I can apply to the Mr P. fantasy screw up award :pac: :rolleyes:...

iroced did a bad bad thing, iroced did a bad bad thing

You ever be addicted to something so much you thought your little heart was gonna break in two?
    I didn't think so
    You ever tried with all your heart and soul to get your WC team back to you?
    I wanna hope so
    You ever pray with all your heart and soul just to watch all these points not walk away?

iroced did a bad bad thing, feel like crying, feel like crying

You ever toss and turn, you're lying awake and thinking about the ones you had picked?
    I don't think so
    You ever close your eyes, you're making believe you're holding the team you're dreaming of?
    Well if you say so
    It hurts so bad when you finally know just how low, low, low, low, low, your overall rank will go

Ohh, feel like crying, feel like crying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

So. Here I stand. In the middle of the battlefield, staring at the damages...

I'm on 45 pts with Simpson Mahrez & Vardy to go. Down 4k to 84k
    WC team would be on 72 with Mahrez & Lukaku to go. I'd be half that up to 42k with those bloody 27 points. This is my worst fùck up ever in the game.

Hector & Alexis, why oh whyyyyyy did you have to burn me that bad today, after all the faith and love I gave you for so many seasons now :( ???!!!

Think I can apply to the Mr P. fantasy screw up award :pac: :rolleyes:...

You ever be addicted to something so much you thought your little heart was gonna break in two?
    I didn't think so
    You ever tried with all your heart and soul to get your WC team back to you?
    I wanna hope so
    You ever pray with all your heart and soul just to watch all these points not walk away?

You ever toss and turn, you're lying awake and thinking about the ones you had picked?
    I don't think so
    You ever close your eyes, you're making believe you're holding the team you're dreaming of?
    Well if you say so
    It hurts so bad when you finally know just how low, low, low, low, low, your overall rank will go

Yipes. Didn't realise earlier that you hadn't played the wildcard at all. Thought you just didn't get to pick your team!!

Could have been (slightly) worse if you'd already activated the WC and then had a first draft with a load of players you didn't want in it as the last confirmed team.

Edit: Tell me you didn't do that btw! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

FHFC wrote: »
    Could have been (slightly) worse if you'd already activated the WC and then had a first draft with a load of players you didn't want in it as the last confirmed team.

Edit: Tell me you didn't do that btw! :eek:

That would be the ultimate nightmare. I've had my share of fcuk ups this season but I think I'd rage quit if that ever happened. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

First draft after playing the wildcard has me with

Caballero - De Gea

Delaney - Huth - Bellerin - Gabriel - Rojo

Lennon - Payet - Lanzini - Sanchez - Mahrez

Aguero - Kane - Lukaku

I'll be surprised if I haven't changed it multiple times during the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

titan18 wrote: »
    First draft after playing the wildcard has me with

Caballero - De Gea

Delaney - Huth - Bellerin - Gabriel - Rojo

Lennon - Payet - Lanzini - Sanchez - Mahrez

Aguero - Kane - Lukaku

I'll be surprised if I haven't changed it multiple times during the week

Heard today during the City game that there was a chance Hart could be back for the PSG game. So i'd keep an eye on that. He's down to be back next weekend on FPL as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ok, WC played.

Robles/Hennessy (might change Henn for Darlow)
    Bellerin/Sakho/Simpson/Gabriel/Delaney
    Mahrez/Alli/Sanchez/Coutinho/Payet
    Kane/Aguero/Lukaku

Not too sure on whether or not I want to get in KDB or Silva yet...if I do, probably downgrade Gabriel to someone else and bring in Darlow. Looking solid so far, have the week to mull over it :D

I finally wildcarded today, jayus it should come with a health warning! So many what if's and maybe's.
    I hadn't the balls to get rid of Kane his form is too good and I decided to keep aguero for the same reason as well as the fact that I could not manage to afford KDB in my set up.

I will have 14 DGW players for a bench boost gw 34.

Picking three liverpool players worries me will they be trying? Will there be rotation?

I can see why Delaney is in so many teams now despite his brutal fixtures, the fact is he has a lot of them so he might get jammy.

I avoided Newcastle altogether after looking at the options.

The thing that really annoys me is that Man United will more then likely hammer Villa and Palace but it is very difficult to know which players to focus on De Gea, Smalling,Darmian, Mata, Rashford, Marital?
    I only managed to get Smalling clean sheets surely?

Ok, WC played.

Kane/Aguero/Lukaku

Not too sure on whether or not I want to get in KDB or Silva yet...if I do, probably downgrade Gabriel to someone else and bring in Darlow. Looking solid so far, have the week to mull over it :D

Tough call between hennessy and Darlow, right enough.
    Double Arsenal defence is different then most I would say.
    I only picked one Arsenal defender.
    There is always the Lanzini/Iwobi options if you want to downgrade the midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I finally wildcarded today, jayus it should come with a health warning! So many what if's and maybe's.
    I hadn't the balls to get rid of Kane his form is too good and I decided to keep aguero for the same reason as well as the fact that I could not manage to afford KDB in my set up.

I will have 14 DGW players for a bench boost gw 34.

Picking three liverpool players worries me will they be trying? Will there be rotation?

I can see why Delaney is in so many teams now despite his brutal fixtures, the fact is he has a lot of them so he might get jammy.

I avoided Newcastle altogether after looking at the options.

The thing that really annoys me is that Man United will more then likely hammer Villa and Palace but it is very difficult to know which players to focus on De Gea, Smalling,Darmian, Mata, Rashford, Marital?
    I only managed to get Smalling clean sheets surely?

Yeah, it's impossible to know how to go with Utd, even with easy fixtures none of their attackers really stand out apart from Martial(imo). So inconsistent too that they could easily **** up against weaker teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Ok, WC played.

Kane/Aguero/Lukaku

Nice team.
    Robles to Cech. Works well with Henny for a bit. Gabriel to UTD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement