Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    Yipes. Didn't realise earlier that you hadn't played the wildcard at all. Thought you just didn't get to pick your team!!

Could have been (slightly) worse if you'd already activated the WC and then had a first draft with a load of players you didn't want in it as the last confirmed team.

Edit: Tell me you didn't do that btw! :eek:
    That would be the ultimate nightmare. I've had my share of fcuk ups this season but I think I'd rage quit if that ever happened. :eek:

FHFC you almost gave me a heart attack there!!!

I had activated the WC just before saving and ending up on the "game being updated" page. So went to check and after getting Bellerin in before he might rise, the WC button was still greyed over. Got a rush of panick before I checked my GW & transfer histories that were both only showing my GW8 WC. Still there. Phewww... What a relief! The game is actually well made for this since "WC become available only when it starts costing you points". So you technically can't screw it up like I almost did...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Tough call between hennessy and Darlow, right enough.
    Double Arsenal defence is different then most I would say.
    I only picked one Arsenal defender.
    There is always the Lanzini/Iwobi options if you want to downgrade the midfield.

Actually forgot about Iwobi. Might take a look at him. Watched the Arsenal game on MOTD and was talking to some Arsenal fans...was really bright, made good runs in behind today. Will keep an eye on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Activated the wildcard last night (note: would advise not doing it after 8pm at night or you will end up lying in bed awake freaking out that Wilfred Zaha is on the fringes of your squad)

Currently have this lot:

Mignolet Darlow

Moreno Smalling Bellerin Gabriel Evans

Mahrez Payet Bolasie Lennon Sanchez

Mitrovic Aguero Lukaku

Not really that happy with it to be honest...the third striker options are diabolical imho..now thinking I might make a few cuts elsewhere to get Kane back in....or else swallow my pride and Liverpool tinted glasses and take a punt on Martial :-(

Will probably get rid of Bolasie too after next week's DGW - one of Firminio, coutinho or Lallana to come in.

Think I'm reasonably ok for GW 35....feedback, advise, derision all welcome :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Officer999

Sorry this has probably been asked countless of times but can I use my wildcard and TC in the same gameweek?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Officer999 wrote: »
    Sorry this has probably been asked countless of times but can I use my wildcard and TC in the same gameweek?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Activated the wildcard last night (note: would advise not doing it after 8pm at night or you will end up lying in bed awake freaking out that Wilfred Zaha is on the fringes of your squad)

Currently have this lot:

Mignolet Darlow

Moreno Smalling Bellerin Gabriel Evans

Mahrez Payet Bolasie Lennon Sanchez

Mitrovic Aguero Lukaku

Not really that happy with it to be honest...the third striker options are diabolical imho..now thinking I might make a few cuts elsewhere to get Kane back in....or else swallow my pride and Liverpool tinted glasses and take a punt on Martial :-(

Will probably get rid of Bolasie too after next week's DGW - one of Firminio, coutinho or Lallana to come in.

Think I'm reasonably ok for GW 35....feedback, advise, derision all welcome :-)

I promise I won't multi quote myself with every change I make but on reflection over breakfast I have now switched in Darmian for Mike Smalling and Rashford for Mitrovic.

Leaves me with 5.1m in the bank so a bit more wiggle room ahead of GW 34 and KDB now in scope as well if needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I promise I won't multi quote myself with every change I make but on reflection over breakfast I have now switched in Darmian for Mike Smalling and Rashford for Mitrovic.

Leaves me with 5.1m in the bank so a bit more wiggle room ahead of GW 34 and KDB now in scope as well if needed

I feel the same about leaving out Kane, especially when so many are keeping him in. Thinking of potentially sticking with Vardy instead as I can afford him unlike Kane, even though he doesn't have any doubles either. A good single week is worth 2 blanks in a double I keep telling myself :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Mignolet Robles

Lovren Clyne Gabriel Smalling Coleman

Sanchez KDB Mata Iwobi Payet

Aguero Lukaku Rashford

Thinking of taking a punt on Mata over Coutinho. Man Utd should run up goals against Villa and to a lesser extent Palace. Plus the more money I have invested in Utd players the better as they can we sold in GW35 with a view to getting Kane and Mahrez back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

You have the cash to get Martial instead of Rashford. Nothing more sure than LVG will bring Rooney back in once fit.

Overall your team is similar to mine except I went Barkley + Ozil instead of Lennon and Sanchez.

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    You have the cash to get Martial instead of Rashford. Nothing more sure than LVG will bring Rooney back in once fit.

Overall your team is similar to mine except I went Barkley + Ozil instead of Lennon and Sanchez.

LVG is pretty unpredictable?

Rashford scored the winner against City last time out - if he scores against Everton today that should keep him in the team?

I'm looking at Mata but worried he might be the one to drop out for Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

LVG is pretty unpredictable?

Rashford scored the winner against City last time out - if he scores against Everton today that should keep him in the team?

I'm looking at Mata but worried he might be the one to drop out for Rooney.
    As soon as Rooney is fit he will be back in and rash ford out
    There is no 2 ways about it
    Might not seem logical but it will happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Mignolet Robles

Lovren Clyne Gabriel Smalling Coleman

Sanchez KDB Mata Iwobi Payet

Aguero Lukaku Rashford

Thinking of taking a punt on Mata over Coutinho. Man Utd should run up goals against Villa and to a lesser extent Palace. Plus the more money I have invested in Utd players the better as they can we sold in GW35 with a view to getting Kane and Mahrez back.

That could be a good call. I looked at it myself but then I would only have 10 starters gw35 unless I took hits.
    It would be so much easier if Rooney was definitely out of the dgw34. Then Rashford would be a definite. Maybe even captaincy candidate as his pace should cause havoc to villa.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

That could be a good call. I looked at it myself but then I would only have 10 starters gw35 unless I took hits.
    It would be so much easier if Rooney was definitely out of the dgw34. Then Rashford would be a definite. Maybe even captaincy candidate as his pace should cause havoc to villa.

Yeah I think Man Utd's attack has great potential to be a good differential if we can just work out Rashford/Rooney/Martial/Mata puzzle. As sterile as Man Utd are they should score 5/6+ over two games against Villa and Palace. Hopefully we learn something today against Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Going for 4 dgw in 33. Was going for 5 but wary of gw35 and don't want to take any hits for the rest of the season. I'll probably be tinkering with this all week but can't think of any improvements to this so far. 0.3m itb

Yeah I think Man Utd's attack has great potential to be a good differential if we can just work out Rashford/Rooney/Martial/Mata puzzle. As sterile as Man Utd are they should score 5/6+ over two games against Villa and Palace. Hopefully we learn something today against Everton.

Martial is certain to play both but probably not up front
    He does seem to be better from the left though
    I would think mata will as well
    Also have to factor in Lingard though .......if Rooney cold just get injured again that would make things clearer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Rethinking my plans now and might tc Sanchez in dgw34 and then bb in 37. He could run riot against Palace and WBA.

Rethinking my plans now and might tc Sanchez in dgw34 and then bb in 37. He could run riot against Palace and WBA.

Depends on your team. I wanted to go this strategy. But the structure of my team did not suit it for the following gws.
    I would say go for it if you can plan for the bench boost and blanks later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

You don't have to bb in a dgw I'm doing it in gw36 more than likely. Mainly to tc sanchez in 34.

km79 wrote: »
    As soon as Rooney is fit he will be back in and rash ford out
    There is no 2 ways about it
    Might not seem logical but it will happen

I send rooney a Tweet and told him he deserves a rest. I also told him I hope that he should TC Rashford gameweek 34. :D
    It will be sorted hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Played WC last night. Bad night sleep but thought Bellerin would go up .1 so wanted him in before increase.
    Defense I want arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, utd, utd. But impossible to select 2 united defenders.

In midfield I will keep Maharez & Payet. I will remove Siggy, Alli and Firmino. Put in Sanchez and 5th mid (Bolaise, Lennon, Linguard etx.) But I am seriously considering putting in KDB instead of Firmino. What do people think?

Up front will be Aguero, Kane & Lakaku.
    So my 5th mid can be/has to be cheap but also playing. Linguard? Young Arsenal midfielder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Jesper wrote: »
    Played WC last night. Bad night sleep but thought Bellerin would go up .1 so wanted him in before increase.
    Defense I want arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, utd, utd. But impossible to select 2 united defenders.

In midfield I will keep Maharez & Payet. I will remove Siggy, Alli and Firmino. Put in Sanchez and 5th mid (Bolaise, Lennon, Linguard etx.) But I am seriously considering putting in KDB instead of Firmino. What do people think?

Up front will be Aguero, Kane & Lakaku.
    So my 5th mid can be/has to be cheap but also playing. Linguard? Young Arsenal midfielder?
    KDB looked superb against Bournemouth, should have had another goal and assist to his name, he also helped spark Silva into live which is a good thing if you're an Aguero owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

When DGW 34 comes around I'll have 2Fts.

Would Kane/Mahrez/Dann to Martial/KdB/Rojo be worth it?

KdB to outscore Mahrez over the 2 games?
    Same with Martial over Kane?

I'm seriously considering it.

lougal88 wrote: »
    When DGW 34 comes around I'll have 2Fts.

Would Kane/Mahrez/Dann to Martial/KdB/Rojo be worth it?

KdB to outscore Mahrez over the 2 games?
    Same with Martial over Kane?

I'm seriously considering it.

Depends only on if you are behind in your mini leagues and need to make ground with differentials. If you are ahead you hold and mimic your nearwst competitors giving them little opportunity to catch you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

People who don't have a WC left, How many hits are you guys taking for GW33 and/or GW34?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    People who don't have a WC left, How many hits are you guys taking for GW33 and/or GW34?

One this week gone
    One next week
    One 34
    Maybe bank for 35 then depending on whether I have gone for Kane to martial 34

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

km79 wrote: »
    One this week gone
    One next week
    One 34
    Maybe bank for 35 then depending on whether I have gone for Kane to martial 34

Okay, so -8 for GW34 hopefully won't be too drastic. Mert and Ozil are forcing into stupid, wasted transfers as I'll be bringing in Gabriel/Monreal and Sanchez, but it has to be done I think. Might TC Sanchez too.

I'm looking at the below now.

Schmeichel
    Gabriel Darmian Dier Wolly Francis
    Sanchez Coutinho Payet Mahrez Wanyama
    Lukaku Aguero Kane

Martial in for Kane, maybe, but not sure if the -12pts hit is worth it.

Depends only on if you are behind in your mini leagues and need to make ground with differentials. If you are ahead you hold and mimic your nearwst competitors giving them little opportunity to catch you.

I have a LOT of ground to make up.
    Think its time to sh*t or get off the pot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

KLEGMof.png

I'm thinking something like this for 35. Bit worried about the defenders though, as I'm not 100% sure who is nailed on for City and United. Have .8 in the bank though, with this team if anyone has suggestions.

In 35, I'll be getting Harry back in but am otherwise happy enough with this squad. Again, I could be overlooking something vital so please shout if I am.

ETA: I might just double up on Arsenal and keep Bellerin instead of one of Clichy or Darmian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

KLEGMof.png

Think thats a fairly good team you have there.

I'm thinking something like this for 35. Bit worried about the defenders though, as I'm not 100% sure who is nailed on for City and United. Have .8 in the bank though, with this team if anyone has suggestions.

In 35, I'll be getting Harry back in but am otherwise happy enough with this squad. Again, I could be overlooking something vital so please shout if I am.

Would you look look at Mignolet instead of Foster? Probably better fixtures, has two doubles and a game in week 35.
    I think the utd backline is probably settled as Darmian, Smalling, Rojo and Blind until the end of the season, barring injury and the possibility of Shaw getting some gametime in place of Blind in the final games.

Wouldnt be confident picking a city defender who'll play every game, especially since theyre still in europe. Oatemendi would be likeliest to start the most games i'd guess.

You could also maybe look at upgrading delaney. Lovren maybe?

KLEGMof.png

You have 8 outfield players for 35.
    What's your plan to get kane back with .8 itb?

• Advertisement

Would you look look at Mignolet instead of Foster? Probably better fixtures, has two doubles and a game in week 35.
    I think the utd backline is probably settled as Darmian, Smalling, Rojo and Blind until the end of the season, barring injury and the possibility of Shaw getting some gametime in place of Blind in the final games.

Wouldnt be confident picking a city defender who'll play every game, especially since theyre still in europe. Oatemendi would be likeliest to start the most games i'd guess.

You could also maybe look at upgrading delaney. Lovren maybe?

Good points, but I'm not terribly keep on the Liverpool defense! I think Otamendi is beyond affording.

You have 8 outfield players for 35.
    What's your plan to get kane back with .8 itb?

Kane in for Martial and Coutinho out for Alli or maybe someone punty. I think my maths adds up. :o

Kane in for Martial and Coutinho out for Alli or maybe someone punty. I think my maths adds up. :o

Sounds like a plan. Only side note is you're depleting your GW37 doublers.

Just out of curiosity when are you using BB and Tc?

Reason I ask is I have a very similar set up.

Sounds like a plan. Only side note is you're depleting your GW37 doublers.

Just out of curiosity when are you using BB and Tc?

Reason I ask is I have a very similar set up.

Ah I'll worry about GW37 a bit more in 36. Happy enough to take a -4 for a DGW, or even a -8 if I'm feeling punty!

33: nothing too extravagant. Slightly different to the team above, but I'll have 4 DGWers.
    34: -4 to the team above, and TC on Sanchez. Maybe. If not, BB for defo.
    37: Either BB or TC depending on above.

I haven't decided yet. A lot can change in two gameweeks so I want as strong as squad as possible - the extra few mil I have compared to others has helped.

I've actually decided (in the last five minutes) to hold onto Bellerin and play double Arsenal defense in 34 - but again, I could change my mind. It's a long week with the WC in play. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Really questioning why I bothered with getting a West Ham defender. Might be my one error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Looking at

Robles Darlow

Coleman Evans Gabriel Delaney Moreno

Sanchez KDB Bolasie Payet Couthino

Aguero Lukaku Martial

.6m in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

bohsman wrote: »
    Looking at

Robles Darlow

Coleman Evans Gabriel Delaney Moreno

Sanchez KDB Bolasie Payet Couthino

Aguero Lukaku Martial

.6m in the bank

Coleman to Jag, Evans to Darmian and Moreno to Sakho. United def coverage is a must now I think.

Keep an eye on fosu mensah if blind is out for a few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Robles Foster

Bellerin Gabriel Darmian Sakho Simpson

Sanchez KDB Coutiinho Payet Lanzini

Aguero Lukaku Martial

Leaves me with 9 players in GW35, Current plan is Martial to Pelle (Villa away) that week, not sure what my 2nd transfer will be

• Advertisement

I feel like activating the wildcard is like starting the countdown clock on a nuclear bomb...popping in every half hour or so making random changes.

Latest move is taking Mahrez out of the picture and bringing in Fuchs as my sole Leicester cover...probably a total folly but don't have a lot to lose at this stage (probably slipping back to 80k OR after a couple of meh gameweeks)

Current squad, which I'm actually reasonably happy with is:

Mignolet Darlow

Bellerin Darmian Fuchs Evans Moreno

Sanchez Payet KDB Lennon Bolasie

Rashford Aguero Lukaku

Have just about enough funds to do Bolasie to Milner for GW 34 if needed.

Should add that plan is to BB in 34, field 11 for 35 and see what happens after that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I feel like activating the wildcard is like starting the countdown clock on a nuclear bomb...popping in every half hour or so making random changes.

Latest move is taking Mahrez out of the picture and bringing in Fuchs as my sole Leicester cover...probably a total folly but don't have a lot to lose at this stage (probably slipping back to 80k OR after a couple of meh gameweeks)

Mignolet Darlow

Rashford Aguero Lukaku

Have just about enough funds to do Bolasie to Milner foe GW 34 if needed

I try get Coleman into that team if I were you.

Moreno won't play all Liverpool fixtures in next game weeks or Darmian (downgrade to Utd)

Bolasie to Zaha too

Mignolet Darlow

Rashford Aguero Lukaku

Have just about enough funds to do Bolasie to Milner for GW 34 if needed.

Should add that plan is to BB in 34, field 11 for 35 and see what happens after that

Darmain limped off at the end of the game today with Everton. Keep an eye on his fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Chesty08 wrote: »

Bolasie to Zaha too

Zaha was subbed at HT yesterday. Bolasie is Palace's best player besides Cabaye

Darmain limped off at the end of the game today with Everton. Keep an eye on his fitness.

Cheers...will be watching him like a hawk.

Might bring Simpson back in if all else fails :-)

Gameweek 34:

Hart Robles

Lovren Clichy Gabriel Darmian Coleman

Coutinho Iwobi Sanchez Payet Mata

Aguero Lukaku Martial

Gameweek 35 with one hit:

Hart

Lovren Clichy Gabriel Azpilecueta

Coutinho Sanchez Iwobi Albrighton

Aguero Sturridge

GW 37 (with one hit 11 DGWers)

Robles

Lovren Coleman Azpilecueta Ogbanna

Coutinho Payet Lanzini

Sturridge (TC) Lukaku Ighalo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭Terrontress

If I pull the wildcard trigger, then sell a player at less than his market value and confirm the sale, if I opt to get him back, is it at market value or what I sold him for? It might limit my tinkering throughout the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I watched the 2nd half yesterday and Bolasie was brilliant. I'd be very surprised if he blanked over the his 2 games this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Alright this is a draft of a potential WC since I decided I'd better actually put a bit of thought into it.

e66LjPe.jpg

Obviously I'd prefer Rashford to be Martial but without sacrificing say Bellerin and perhaps De Gea it's not looking doable. Clearly I'm not as cash rich as many either. The presence of Souare in that team is not something I like but I'm in a pretty good place for GW35 with 9 starters.

A risk without Payet but I just think Lanzini should go close to matching him, or keeping it respectable plus I'm not benching much cash then in GW35 either.

^^^
    Good to see someone else on board the non-Mahrez Bus ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Now I'm worried.

Plan was Mahrez to Everton midfielder.

Don't wanna be taking a hit!

• Advertisement
Advertisement