Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Sagna is a rotation risk and if Robles gets dropped for bad performances, you're left with a Newcastle goalkeeper every week. No Liverpool mid for DGW34 is quite risky too

Not likely enough to bring it into consideration. Sure you could say that about any player in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Not likely enough to bring it into consideration. Sure you could say that about any player in the game

He has been woeful last few games from what ice seen
    That's why I resisted going for him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd say robles is safe apart from the last game of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

It would take a lot more for a Mignolet or DDG to be dropped than Robles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭caviardreams

So tempting to stick Borthwick Jackson in - with Rojo out of favour I fancy him to start v Spurs after picking up some "match rhythm" in the U21s this evening.

So tempting to stick Borthwick Jackson in - with Rojo out of favour I fancy him to start v Spurs after picking up some "match rhythm" in the U21s this evening.

Keeping a CLOSE eye on him
    Was excellent till the injury and good going forward
    Everything rojo has not been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

My thinking on this team is as follows:

1. I'm going to ignore CPL players in GW33. Their form is not worth the investment and the complications of unwinding.
    2. It would be too much of a risk to drop Kane. He may well outscore most DGW alternatives.
    3. I have too much funds tied up in Aguero. KDB is a good alternative and frees up 3 million.
    4. If I'm going to bring in DGW players they need to be proven and as near rotation proof as I can get. So that is why I Used the 3 million on upgrading to smalling, bellerin and clyne.
    5. Man Utd have good fixtures in GW34 plus they seem to be pushing for top 4 so get the full 3 in.

Transfer plan is:

1. GW34 BB
    2. GW35 probably Smalling to Ivanovic (bou) and Lingard to Wanyama (avl). Field 10 or might take a -4 for 11
    3. GW36 Hold
    4. GW37 Too early to say on transfers. TC on Payet currently

382297.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    Keeping a CLOSE eye on him
    Was excellent till the injury and good going forward
    Everything rojo has not been

Stop getting my hopes up km. Just stop! ;)

FHFC wrote: »
    Stop getting my hopes up km. Just stop! ;)

Ashley young also back so maybe I should not get too excited BUT if CBJ starts against spurs he is in for me

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Ashley young also back so maybe I should not get too excited BUT if CBJ starts against spurs he is in for me

What if mata scores at the weekend ☺

hehe ya never know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I too am going back on my previous plan of keeping Kane. Man Utd's GW34 fixtures are just too juicy to overlook and Martial looked good yesterday. So I will bring in Martial for Kane in the wildcard. This also solves my headache of who to bench in GW33, having a strong front 8 (will bench Martial)....

This move frees up just enough cash to Get KDB in for Mahrez :eek:. My plan at the moment is to go to:

Robles- Darlow
    Bellerín, Gabriel, J Evans, Moreno, Delaney,
    Sanchez, Payet, Coutinho, Lennon, Bolasie (switch to KDB for GW34)
    Lukaku, Martial, Aguero

As above I will have 5 GDW 33, 15 DGW 34 (BB) and 9 for GW 35 + 1 FT

If I bring KDB straight in and forget Bolassie I will have 2 FTs for GW35 and be able to field 11 (barring Injury) but will have only 4 DGW33 players.

I guess the question is, how do I maximise my points? Is it worth even getting Bolassie for his GW33 double (NOR, EVE) Considering KDB has a home fixture against WBA? Will KDB even play next weeknd considering his fixture is sandwiched by the Champions League QF?

Aghh!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rooney wasn't fit enough to play for U21s tonight as had been anticipated. Asked Ben Dinnery his opinion on implications of that for his return for 34

"Rooney has an outside chance for the Villa game"

Oh for a wee setback. Rashford being semi nailed for those games would be superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

I too am going back on my previous plan of keeping Kane. Man Utd's GW34 fixtures are just too juicy to overlook and Martial looked good yesterday. So I will bring in Martial for Kane in the wildcard. This also solves my headache of who to bench in GW33, having a strong front 8 (will bench Martial)....

This move frees up just enough cash to Get KDB in for Mahrez :eek:. My plan at the moment is to go to:

Robles- Darlow
    Lukaku, Martial, Aguero

If I bring KDB straight in and forget Bolassie I will have 2 FTs for GW35 and be able to field 11 (barring Injury) but will have only 4 DGW33 players.

I guess the question is, how do I maximise my points? Is it worth even getting Bolassie for his GW33 double (NOR, EVE) Considering KDB has a home fixture against WBA? Will KDB even play next weeknd considering his fixture is sandwiched by the Champions League QF?

Aghh!!!

Had a similar conundrum. In the end I went KDB over Bollasie. Palace form just does not warrant the investment IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Hi,
    Don't know how to post pic of my team but at the moment is

Robles mignolet

Gabriel Evans Simpson sakho souare

Payet barkley coutinho iwobi sanchez

Algueró martial lukaku, leaving 1.1m in the bank,

Can people tell me what they think of this team?

Would I be better off with sturridge instead of martial?
    Think he's going to let rip some weekend but would mean replacing barkley with Lennon and losing sakho, and should I be trying to get de bruyne in? (although how i would manage this is beyond me)
    Head is absolutely fried

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hold Martial, tasty DGW34.

SkySter wrote: »
    Had a similar conundrum. In the end I went KDB over Bollasie. Palace form just does not warrant the investment IMHO.

It's my thinking too but Bolassie has been known for big returns and his GW33 fixtures are good. Also; can we rely on KDB even playing all the games? With CL fixtures he is looking at a Game every 3-4 days straight after coming back from injury.

I've made the switch to KDB for now anyway (to avoid Price rises), Can always reassess before the weekend after viewing the PSG game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Robles- Darlow
    Lukaku, Martial, Aguero

Aghh!!!

You're in pretty bad shape for gw35 with that team, you should really hold one Leicester and one Spurs player or have a plan ready to bring them in for gw35. I don't think it's worth having even one Palace player for 34, I don't see how they will get any returns so I'm just gonna have Delaney for 33 and prob sell him in 34.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Key week for me. About 100 off in my main league. Hard to make a case for the palace players even with the back to back doubles! what are people thinking?

Shane St. wrote: »
    Key week for me. About 100 off in my main league. Hard to make a case for the palace players even with the back to back doubles! what are people thinking?

Their fixtures in 34 are horrible. I can't see them getting any decent returns, if I had 2 Palace players in 33, I'd have to offload them in 34 to maximise my BB, so I'll bring in Delaney for 33 and get rid of him in 34 for someone who ideally has a double in 34 and a game in 35, although if you're not using your BB in 34 then you can just bench one of them I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shane St. wrote: »

At 100 points off at this stage you'd nearly be looking at making sure you've almost none of your opposition's players and pray yours strike it rich and their choices capitulate. An average of 18ish points gain per gameweek is tough going to say the least.

Hi,

Robles mignolet

Think he's going to let rip some weekend but would mean replacing barkley with Lennon and losing sakho, and should I be trying to get de bruyne in? (although how i would manage this is beyond me)
    Head is absolutely fried

I like it:) It doesn't seem that your team value is extremely high so there's probably not much else you could do, maybe downgrade Barkley to Lennon and upgrade Cout to KDB? Although Coutinho could easily outscore KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Hi,

Robles mignolet

Head is absolutely fried

Iwobi is an interesting one. Could be a great signing, or disastrous. Ramsey is due back any week now (thanks once again Mr Wenger for your timely predcitions on return dates :rolleyes: ), and may take RW like earlier in the season. Coq and Elneny should be nailed on in CM themselves.

I wouldn't personally go with Sturridge. He's still lacking full match fitness and Liverpool have Dortmund to worry about as well.

Wouldn't be too keen on WB coverage. Let's face it, their defenders are probably getting one-pointers for City, Arsenal and Tottenham, but could sneak a CS against Watford. Wondering could chance Rojo or someone for Evans? I'll probably be going of two Man United defenders in my WC but don't trust any defender other than Smalling to start each game. Also I'd pick Moreno over Sakho. Very nice team otherwise it must be said!

I've a heap of work to do on my WC team and have barely any time, ugh!

siblers wrote: »
    You're in pretty bad shape for gw35 with that team, you should really hold one Leicester and one Spurs player or have a plan ready to bring them in for gw35. I don't think it's worth having even one Palace player for 34, I don't see how they will get any returns so I'm just gonna have Delaney for 33 and prob sell him in 34.

This is certainly the worry and the risk! I'd obviously be hoping that the gamble in 33-34 would more than compensate for the loss of points in 35. I am currently 8th in the Finn harps pay league and 10th in the boards one. I need to push into the top 5 to start making money. I feel like gambling big on the DGWs.

I only plan to have Delaney in GW 34 as Bolassie would be sold for KDB by then (assuming I get Bolassie at all). Delaney will probably go for Simpson heading into 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Sanchez Coutinho KDB Pedro Mata Payet - Hell yeah!

Give me £150m and the option to play 3-6-1 (well 5-6-2) !!! After all, Spain won the Euro 2012 playing 4-6-0 so that could be a new chip next year :p :pac:! To implement it you get a 1-week gold WC (£150m cash for 1 week) and after the GW is over you go back to normal and the team you had before!

What? Crazy? Nah... Casuals have been taunting us for the whole season with these new chips and Gareth Barry. It's time for a die hard chip :pac:!

More seriously, Mata's on my radar for ages. But I don't have this fantasy chip. Neither do I have £150m cash...

I've pulled the trigger on this to protect against any unexpected rises so I can't realistically get Kane back in on my WC. Have the exact funds to do Lukaku to Kane for gw 35. Thoughts?:) Quite happy myself.

DGW%20draft7_zpsspmrh0bl.png

Maybe this should be in the wildcard thread but this thread seems to have taken its place given the circumstances :P

I've pulled the trigger on this to protect against any unexpected rises so I can't realistically get Kane back in on my WC. Have the exact funds to do Lukaku to Kane for gw 35. Thoughts?:) Quite happy myself.

DGW%20draft7_zpsspmrh0bl.png

Maybe this should be in the wildcard thread but this thread seems to have taken its place given the circumstances :P

I imagine my team will be more or less the same apart from the goalies, probably have Delaney over Souare and may not go with Sahko.

siblers wrote: »
    I imagine my team will be more or less the same apart from the goalies, probably have Delaney over Souare and may not go with Sahko.

Can't see past a merseyside double up in terms of value and fixtures :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I'm beginning to think that Mahrez is expendable. Leicester are eking out 1-nil wins lately which if they continue to do will mean limited returns for their attacking players (ie. Mahrez and Vardy). What is more important is to have Leicester defensive coverage.

I also think it's going to be rather pointless having either Everton or Palace defenders/keepers. They're conceding goals like a leaking bucket leaking erm... water. A Leicester defender with one game in 33 and one in 34, could quite easily outscore an Everton/Palace doubler with 4 games.

So it's entirely possible I'll just concentrate on Everton & Palace attacking players. Palace especially don't seem to have much problem scoring goals lately; it's the other end of the pitch that's the problem.

Also, fixture congestion will be a problem for both Everton and Palace (as it will for Liverpool, Man City, West Ham & Man Utd to a lesser extent). Which makes them even less appealing imo.

This hybrid of the google docs spreadsheet might be useful for planning out this in more detail:
    382311.png

Which still leaves me scratching my head which defenders to get in...:confused:

@stephen15: Like your team. I'd try fit in a United def. I'd prefer Mata over Martial but don't know who you'd give 3rd striker spot. Mitrovic? You'll be able to monitor KDB against PSg which is a good thing.

@greedygoblin: Fully agree with you about Everton & Palace defs. I actually feel Hennessey's a better option for 33 but def not for 34. That said, Delaney scored at the week-end and I have great memories of Rosenior in a huge DGWs 2 years ago IIRC.

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    @stephen15: Like your team. I'd try fit in a United def. I'd prefer Mata over Martial but don't know who you'd give 3rd striker spot. Mitrovic? You'll be able to monitor KDB against PSg which is a good thing.

I'd love to but the only 2 worth having are Smalling and De Gea whom I can't afford. Don't think I'd drop any of them currently for Mata either so Martial is the only Utd player I can really fit :) Yeah if anything happens KDB I'll probably bring in Coutinho or possibly Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Mata has a tendancy to disappear during some games. Whereas Martial always looks a danger. Obviously this doesn't translate directly to FPL points, but is one reason I'd personally go for Martial.
    Also, Mitrovic is one I've been keeping an eye on too. He was a sub at the weekend and subsequently scored 2 goals in the 30 minutes or so he was on the pitch.
    @greedygoblin: Fully agree with you about Everton & Palace defs. I actually feel Hennessey's a better option for 33 but def not for 34. That said, Delaney scored at the week-end and I have great memories of Rosenior in a huge DGWs 2 years ago IIRC.

Relying on defenders for attacking returns when clean sheets are non-existent is risky though. Unless your name is Leyton Baines and you've got a time machine. :D

I'd love to but the only 2 worth having are Smalling and De Gea whom I can't afford. Don't think I'd drop any of them currently for Mata either so Martial is the only Utd player I can really fit :) Yeah if anything happens KDB I'll probably bring in Coutinho or possibly Mata
    Why is everyone under-rating Darmian? He returned better than Smalling lately... LVG doesn't rate him and will rotate him? Is he that much made of glass?

Why is everyone under-rating Darmian? He returned better than Smalling lately... LVG doesn't rate him and will rotate him? Is he that much made of glass?

Wouldn't trust him to start both. He probably will but if he doesn't it's kinda a waste of a dgw player. Also can't afford him :D

I'd love Martial but refuse to buy an OOP striker regardless of who they are playing.

Would you not consider a Smalling / Lingard combo ?

Lingard is the only safe United attacking player IMO (at least in playing position) and could have score 1-2 goals in his last match.

Edit - with Rooney not getting any u21 gametime it might indicate he won't be ready for the Villa match and if that's confirmed then 'Quinn put the rashers on the 45' comes right into the reckoning. That's Rashford for anybody not old enough to remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm in a glass case of emotion. One minute I think play the wildcard, the next I read this thread and see all the uncertainty over players like Lennon, Rooney, Martial etc. and then I think hold off.

I woke up thinking I'd play it but now I'm back to thinking I'll hold off and BB this week with wildcard next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Anyone thinking of holding Daniels for Villa away then transferring him out for a DGW player, also thinking of holding Kane for Man Utd home then replacing him with Rashford/Martial.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm in a glass case of emotion. One minute I think play the wildcard, the next I read this thread and see all the uncertainty over players like Lennon, Rooney, Martial etc. and then I think hold off.

I woke up thinking I'd play it but now I'm back to thinking I'll hold off and BB this week with wildcard next week.

You could bb this week. Wildcard next week with more data and play 11 strong dgw players the likes of kdb smalling etc and have mahrez ,one of kane or alli on your bench and a Leicester or spurs defender. Then in 35 you would be better set up than most it sort of gives you the best of both worlds as you would be carrying hardly any 1 week punt type players in your squad such as palace eve defs etc. The problem with that strategy is not being able to use your TC next week.

Having said that if it was me. I'd wildcard this week with at least 13dgw players and take a chance on kdb and bb next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Having said that if it was me. I'd wildcard this week with at least 13dgw players and take a chance on kdb and bb next week.

How essential do you think KdB is? Is he worth giving a team a rejig to get him in for the double?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Triple captain Sanchez Double Gameweek 34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bugger - was gonna bring in Coutinho..... though I had already brought in Coutinho....... Havent brought in Coutinho.

Now I need to change my plans. I can still afford Coutinho, but knock on effects elsewhere in the team are being brought to bear :(

lougal88 wrote: »
    How essential do you think KdB is? Is he worth giving a team a rejig to get him in for the double?

Hard to say. I'd prefer another league game to judge city. Another option is to leave the money to transfer him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Triple captain Sanchez Double Gameweek 34

Don't be putting those ideas in my head!!!

How would this be better than BB with 15 DGWers

*I'm listening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Wildcard team for BB GW34

de Gea, Darlow

Gabriel, Bellerin, Moreno, Evans, Delaney

Sanchez, Payet, Barkley, Lingard, Mahrez

Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

3 doublers in 33
    13 doublers in 34
    9 starting in 35 - will bring in Chelsea players to bump this
    Can't get my head around 37 yet but should have full complement of doublers

All with no hits.

Anybody wish to tell me how great it is?

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Don't be putting those ideas in my head!!!

*I'm listening

It's not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭smokingman

....spent far too much time on this last night....thinking it's near final...
    Double Pool defence is dodge and I'm not happy with Darlow being there but I've a pretty strong front eight.
    Free transfers will give me 11 for GW35 so covered there but can't really plan any further ahead...my head will explode if I try!

FFTEAM2016.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Screen_Shot_2016_04_05_at_10_21_02.png

My brain hurts. But this is what I'm looking at right now.

Thoughts welcome.

Going to Bench Boost for GW 34 and worry about TC in GW 37

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

patmac wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of holding Daniels for Villa away then transferring him out for a DGW player, also thinking of holding Kane for Man Utd home then replacing him with Rashford/Martial.

Will probably keep Daniels for Villa game. Not sure yet about Kane. Most likely will transfer out one from Kane/alder/Alli after this gw

Hard to say. I'd prefer another league game to judge city. Another option is to leave the money to transfer him in.
    I know it'll be a different competition, different motivation, but the PSG game tomorrow should tell us how fit and fired up KDB is!
    Chesty08 wrote: »

*I'm listening
    Well. If Sanchez gets a close to 50 pts return over the 2 games (like he did in Autumn) chances are a Sanchez TC will be better than many 15 DGWers BB. But the thing is and here I'll agree with Busts theories (:p), if you go for 15 DGWers, when will your BB would suit your team better than in 34? While a GW37 TC could both allow you a hopefully huge GW34 15 DGWers BB with a GW37 TC matching from not too far a hypothetical Sanchez GW34 TC explosion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement