Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

For anyone that is superstitious about early kick offs,the Norwich v Manchester United game in DGW 37 has been brought forward to 12.45 for tv,BT are showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

smokingman wrote: »
    ....spent far too much time on this last night....thinking it's near final...
    Double Pool defence is dodge and I'm not happy with Darlow being there but I've a pretty strong front eight.
    Free transfers will give me 11 for GW35 so covered there but can't really plan any further ahead...my head will explode if I try!

FFTEAM2016.png

Very similiar to my team (front 8 identical).
    But I am lately wondering if I should bring in Stephen Taylor for Newcastle @ 3.8m. You would then have at least .5m to upgrade a Liverpool defender (to Jags/Everton?) for 2 DGW's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Jesper wrote: »
    Very similiar to my team (front 8 identical).
    But I am lately wondering if I should bring in Stephen Taylor for Newcastle @ 3.8m. You would then have at least .5m to upgrade a Liverpool defender (to Jags/Everton?) for 2 DGW's.

Cheers for that - hadn't thought much about Newcastle defense but the more I look at their fixtures, they actually have a chance of not being relegated from what I can see.

Gameweek 33 Southampton (A)
    Gameweek 34 Swansea (H)
    Gameweek 34 Man City (H)
    Gameweek 35 Liverpool (A)
    Gameweek 36 Crystal Palace (H)
    Gameweek 37 Aston Villa (A)
    Gameweek 38 Spurs (H)

My bets are on Leicester sewing it up before gw35 and Spurs becoming comfy (and lazy) second. Man City will be fighting for their Champions league spot with ManU so Southampton and Man City would be their biggest threat.
    I honestly think the rest are winnable for them but a Newcastle fan may be able to correct me on that.
    Don't know if I'd have a goalie and a defender but it makes me feel better about having any of their defense...

edit: darn, 0.1 short of getting Mignolet in for Darlow and changing Sakho for Taylor... :(

I'm 'Happy Enough' with my front 8. absolutly midered with my back 7. Think Rhobles/Bellerin/Gaberial/Jags are ok?

Swap De Gea for Mingolet and save 1m. Use it to strengthen up defense?

382347.JPG

382346.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

zerks wrote: »
    For anyone that is superstitious about early kick offs,the Norwich v Manchester United game in DGW 37 has been brought forward to 12.45 for tv,BT are showing it.

Where did you get this info from and has the total gameweek TV games been announced?

Supposed to be off to Anfield that day but I assume the Liverpool-Watford game hasn't been moved....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

SantryRed wrote: »
    Where did you get this info from and has the total gameweek TV games been announced?

Supposed to be off to Anfield that day but I assume the Liverpool-Watford game hasn't been moved....

Saturday 7 May, 2016
    12.45pm Norwich City v Manchester United (BT Sport) #NORMUN
    5.30pm Leicester City v Everton (Sky Sports) #LEIEVE
    Sunday 8 May, 2016
    1.30pm Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (Sky Sports) #TOTSOU
    4pm Manchester City v Arsenal (Sky Sports) #MCIARS
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/apr/050416-live-uk-television-fixtures-for-matchweek-37-released.html

Liverpool v Watford would be Sunday if Liverpool are in Europa semi final

Aaaggghhh - Joe Hart is back in goal tonight!

Good match up this week - west Brom (home)
    fair/poor double game week (no one will beat United's). Chelsea and Newcastle Away.
    then Stoke at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Saturday 7 May, 2016
    12.45pm Norwich City v Manchester United (BT Sport) #NORMUN
    5.30pm Leicester City v Everton (Sky Sports) #LEIEVE
    Sunday 8 May, 2016
    1.30pm Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (Sky Sports) #TOTSOU
    4pm Manchester City v Arsenal (Sky Sports) #MCIARS
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/apr/050416-live-uk-television-fixtures-for-matchweek-37-released.html

Liverpool v Watford would be Sunday if Liverpool are in Europa semi final

Thanks Ziegler! Well aware of the Europa situation, so you could imagine my delight when Dortmund were drawn against them.... Just hope they do the business now..

Caught in two minds over the final few spots in my WC team.

A) Mignolet, Cresswell, Evans, Coutinho
    B) Darlow, Simpson, Soaré, Sanchez

Team A has much more strength in depth, but B has Sanchez!!

Is it madness to be considering B? It is isn't it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'd go B but Ward over Souaré

• Advertisement

B unless you're relying on Darlow to start a lot. I strongly considered Cresswell for my WC team, but 5.7m is a lot for a defender that rarely gets baps and one attacking return since GW10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Another vote for B here. Don't underestimate having Leicester defence either. No double, but could easily outscore other options that do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

How many players do people have for the upcoming DGW with Everton and Palace players? I've ward and lukaku. I'm thinking of getting Barkley as my FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hmmm...
    If I'm not mistaken A) = £23.9m
    ......................... B) = £23.2m
    If you add Mignolet to B, B) = £24.2m i.e. £0.3m dearer than A.
    Can't you afford it? And if so can't you "find" £0.3m somewhere? Who's your second GK for example?

How many players do people have for the upcoming DGW with Everton and Palace players? I've ward and lukaku. I'm thinking of getting Barkley as my FT.

I have 5: Jags, Barkley, Lukaku, Dann, Bolasie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

So after spending practically all morning at my wildcard, it boils down to KDB and Lingard or Coutinho and Bolaise. Any thoughts which pair will score highest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

LostArt wrote: »
    So after spending practically all morning at my wildcard, it boils down to KDB and Lingard or Coutinho and Bolaise. Any thoughts which pair will score highest?

KDB and Lingard for me personally. Slight doubt on Lingard if/when Rooney is fit for 34 but he should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Cheers, thats what I'm leaning towards but am a little worried about Lingards gametime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Trying to fit in KDB and Sanchez is a pain in the hole, might have to downgrade to either Silva or Ozil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Joe Hart folks?

He might be fit for tomorrow I think. He could be a useful way of having a starting man city player and plays GW 35 too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Firminio declared fit on the Twitter machine for Thursday night....gonna be a tough call between himself and Coutinho for GW 34 (will be dumping Bolasie out after 33 unless he scores two hattricks or something)

dahat wrote: »
    KDB and Lingard for me personally. Slight doubt on Lingard if/when Rooney is fit for 34 but he should be fine.

I'm hoping Lingard against Villa will run roit! Well as much as this united team can run roit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm bored!

I WC'd last week, know I'm making no transfer this week, know who i'm bringing in for DGW34 and what I'm doing with my 2FTs in GW35.

Barring an injury I don't need to look at my team until the end of April :eek: I'm stuck doing 'real life' stuff!

I miss the mania of last weeks WC :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm bored!

I WC'd last week, know I'm making no transfer this week, know who i'm bringing in for DGW34 and what I'm doing with my 2FTs in GW35.

Barring an injury I don't need to look at my team until the end of April :eek: I'm stuck doing 'real life' stuff!

I miss the mania of last weeks WC :p

In same position.

Might i suggest you engage in lengthy, detailed obsessive analysis of some aspect of the game this season such as the new chips and thier effectiveness. Just to pass the time like... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

lougal88 wrote: »
    How essential do you think KdB is? Is he worth giving a team a rejig to get him in for the double?

Don't think he is essential if you have Sanchez. Between Aguero, Sanchez and then adding KdB. That will seriously damage your defense. You'd imagine Aguero is going to benefit from KdB. So i think you'd be covered with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

FHFC wrote: »
    In same position.

Might i suggest you engage in lengthy, detailed obsessive analysis of some aspect of the game this season such as the new chips and thier effectiveness. Just to pass the time like... ;)

I vote we pass the time by inventing innovative new chips to further complicate the game and cause even more debates about how little effect they will have on the entire season :P

What about the "Double-Captains Chip"? You Nominate 2 Captains and they both get double points that week :D

Or the "Fish N Chip?" - I haven't yet decided what this does, I just like the name...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Iwobi over Sanchez could do a hell of a lot for me but it'd be quite a risk.

Although it would mean having one risk in my 15 rather perhaps 4/5 of them as it is.

Worth investigating I think anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Okay, I've been reading this thread for a while but I haven't put much planning into my own DGW team. I was probably just gonna roughly copy someone :P

The thing is, I'm 65 points ahead in my league. I'm not too concerned about overall rankings. I still have my WC, BB and TC chips left. The closest chasers have both used their WCs and other chips but one guy has TC and AOA left.

I'm just wondering should I bother doing my WC? Getting double fixtures is great but it's potentially filling my team with poor players with GW35 blanks. Also, my team is pretty identical to my rivals, so staying as close to them could ensure I win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Kdb and Lingaurd 100%

Lingard is in any of the 3 attacking CAM positions and the fixtures are tasty

Dead set on KdB in. His ownership is quite low at the minute but he came back with a bang. He helps Silva and Aguero shine too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Joe Hart folks?

He might be fit for tomorrow I think. He could be a useful way of having a starting man city player and plays GW 35 too

Agreed I think I might take a gamble on him (waiting for further news) I am not fond of Sagna as he is a very obvious rotation risk with Zabeletta in the DGW.
    The whole man city defence besides hart is a lottery.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Aenaes wrote: »
    Okay, I've been reading this thread for a while but I haven't put much planning into my own DGW team. I was probably just gonna roughly copy someone :P

The thing is, I'm 65 points ahead in my league. I'm not too concerned about overall rankings. I still have my WC, BB and TC chips left. The closest chasers have both used their WCs and other chips but one guy has TC and AOA left.

I'm just wondering should I bother doing my WC? Getting double fixtures is great but it's potentially filling my team with poor players with GW35 blanks. Also, my team is pretty identical to my rivals, so staying as close to them could ensure I win the league.

In that case you could use the WC 36, BB gw 37 and TC an arsenal player v villa last day of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Robles Mignolet
    Bellerin Gabriel Smalling Jagielka Clyne
    Lingard Sanchez De Bruyne Coutinho Payet
    Lukaku Martial Kane

The big risk is going without Aguero. I'm hoping KDB will compensate and gives me 3 mill more to splash on what I'm hoping should be solid starters.

Someone convince me I've not made a big mistake?

Iwobi over Sanchez could do a hell of a lot for me but it'd be quite a risk.

Although it would mean having one risk in my 15 rather perhaps 4/5 of them as it is.

Worth investigating I think anyway?

If he was nailed onto start i'd bring him in but with Ramsey due back I don't see how he'll start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

lougal88 wrote: »
    I vote we pass the time by inventing innovative new chips to further complicate the game and cause even more debates about how little effect they will have on the entire season :P

What about the "Double-Captains Chip"? You Nominate 2 Captains and they both get double points that week :D

Or the "Fish N Chip?" - I haven't yet decided what this does, I just like the name...

It's been over 24 hours since my last WC team alteration so the mania may have stopped....although the KDB vs Payet scenario is still bugging me.

Anyhoo...alternative chips...

1) The Jesus Almighty Chip - to be deployed after a spectacularly bad GW. Your gameweek points are voided and you are allocated the weekly average instead

2) The I Can't Believe it's Not Butland Chip - receive quadruple points if you captain a goalkeeper

3) The Gareth Barry Chip - keep Gareth Barry in your squad for 25+ consecutive gameweeks and receive a 50 point bonus. Receive a further 10 point bonus by making a maximum of 7 transfers in the same period

4) The Multi Punt Chip (aka mini Wildcard) - select four free transfers to spice up a stagnant squad.

5) The Force Pelle Chip - pick a particularly hated rival and deploy this chip...Pelle will be a permanent non-transferable fixture in that team for 3 consecutive gameweeks.

FWIW, I think any of the above would be more useful than the AOA chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The Force Pelle chip - that's just f***ing nasty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

The Force Pelle chip - that's just f***ing nasty!

It could backfire horribly too though...

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Evening! I've been reading quite a bit about the next few weeks and have come up with the following WC for this week. I've managed to turn around an absolutely disastrous season (second last in my league for most of the first half of the season) to be second from top so I really want to make a good push for the final few weeks. Any help would be really appreciated!

WC%201_zpslzg6duhe.png

Would loose 0.5M on Alder if I sell and want him back
    Mahrez I've had since GW2 so again would be too expensive if I wanted to buy back.
    Could do Kane to Martial for a couple of weeks???

Plan is Bolasie to Cou/Firm next week (might change Bol for Lennon....)

Head is fried!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Lads, is there a way of checking what chips people have already played?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

Looks like gonna boil down to Kane & Mahrez or KDB & Mitrovic. Thinking about taking chance. Leicester not free scoring at minute while second pair have extra game each.
    Anyone shine a light on Mitrovic? Only sub at weekend. Will Cisse eat into his game time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

InishGael wrote: »
    Looks like gonna boil down to Kane & Mahrez or KDB & Mitrovic. Thinking about taking chance. Leicester not free scoring at minute while second pair have extra game each.
    Anyone shine a light on Mitrovic? Only sub at weekend. Will Cisse eat into his game time?

He was only a sub because he was concussed in the previous game. He's a good shout, only Toon player that seems up for the fight. Can be a card magnet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Degag wrote: »

Click into their 'gameweek history' on their points page and it'll show you.

Joe Hart folks?

It would solve 1-2 problems but I'd rather have DDG as main keeper with Darlow playing gw35. I just don't like City defence.

Issac wrote: »
    Evening! I've been reading quite a bit about the next few weeks and have come up with the following WC for this week. I've managed to turn around an absolutely disastrous season (second last in my league for most of the first half of the season) to be second from top so I really want to make a good push for the final few weeks. Any help would be really appreciated!

WC%201_zpslzg6duhe.png

Mahrez I've had since GW2 so again would be too expensive if I wanted to buy back.

Head is fried!

If you still have BB then Taylor is wasted in defence as he won't play.

I'd keep Bolasie over Lennon as he will play all minutes barring injury.

If you google "Greasemonkey script for FPL" you'll find an extension for Chrome.

When you go into your leagues, it will show what how many chips they have used and a load of other info, it's pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Issac wrote: »
    [...]

Head is fried!
    Sanchez instead of Ozil?
    InishGael wrote: »
    Yeah. Could really come to this if I can buy both back for GW35. Will have to check that...

Just log on you your account go to your league and click the managers team you want to view. Then click their gameweek history it will show the chips they have already played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Wilcdcard draft 5,044 - Operation Bench boost.

6XFPQRS.png

Lennon can be swpaped in 35 if he does f*&k all for Iwobi maybe and he can do as a cheap 5th mid the other gws. I won't be rotating my strikers so he fits the bill - That would field 10 in gw35.

Should I have 2 free transfers in 35, the other transfer can bring in a defender for Delaney to field 11 in gw35.

Alternatively I could upgrade Targett to a gauranteed double gameweeker if I save money on Rojo over Darmian!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

-=al=- wrote: »

6XFPQRS.png

Lennon can be swpaped in 35 if he does f*&k all for Iwobi maybe and he can do as a cheap 5th mid the other gws. I won't be rotating my strikers so he fits the bill - That would field 10 in gw35.

Should I have 2 free transfers in 35, the other transfer can bring in a defender for Delaney to field 11 in gw35.

Alternatively I could upgrade Targett to a gauranteed double gameweeker if I save money on Rojo over Darmian!

Fosu-mensah came on for Rojo at half time as he had a terrible game, he assisted Martial, B Jackson played for U-21s Mon night, so Target is a wasted player to have.

iroced wrote: »
    Hmmm...
    If I'm not mistaken A) = £23.9m
    ......................... B) = £23.2m
    If you add Mignolet to B, B) = £24.2m i.e. £0.3m dearer than A.
    Can't you afford it? And if so can't you "find" £0.3m somewhere? Who's your second GK for example?

Unfortunately not.
    A) Mignolet(4.9), Cresswell (5.7), Evans (4.5), Coutinho (8.1) = 23.2
    B) Darlow (3.9), Simpson (4.2), Souaré (4.2), Sanchez (10.9) = 23.2

Rest of current WC team is:

Robles Mignolet
    Bellerin Gabriel Sakho Cresswell Evans
    Payet KDB Mahrez Coutinho Lennon or Deulofeu (undecided yet)
    Lukaku Martial Aguero

Can't even afford Ward, which was a great shout. I'd have to find another 0.1 from somewhere. Probably Sakho to Moreno but he's not guaranteed to start at all. Only other viable option is a Utd defender instead of Cresswell.

• Advertisement

-=al=- wrote: »

6XFPQRS.png

Looks very good to me.

I'd go with Bolasie over Lennon though.

Advertisement