Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Can't squeeze him in and not too interested in him. Prety sceptical of the Palace double as is!

Here's draft 6,703

lLHygNg.png

Not sure on J.Evans but he should play twice. Iwobi/J.Evans saves me transfers in 35 too. Also eliminates the Rojo/Darmian issue with DdG in... I wanted a go of Lennon in 33 though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

First draft:

14 DGW players but leaves me with zilch in the bank:

Mignolet/Hennessy
    Bellerin Gabriel Sakho Jevans Simpson
    Bolasie Sanchez KDB Coutinho Payet
    Aguero Lukaku Martial

Kane, Alli and Mahrez all gone but the plan would be for Kane and Mahrez back in for GW35.

I think the front eight is fairly locked in bar Bolasie/Mahrez and Coutinho/Firmino.

Leaves me with only 3 DGW players for next week though. Can anyone see how to fit in another Everton player?

14 DGW players for 34 for bench boost.
    9 players with a game in 35 plus 2 transfers for Mahrez/Kane.

Or if I take a punt on Rashford this team has some defence:

Mignolet/Hennessy
    Bellerin Darmian Coleman Sakho Gabriel
    Bolasie Sanchez KDB Payet Coutinho
    Lukaku Aguero Rashford

0.5 banked so I could keep Mahrez over Bolasie if I wanted.

4 DGW players for 33.
    15 for 34.
    8 players for 35 with two transfers.

Lemlin wrote: »

Mignolet/Hennessy
    Lukaku Aguero Rashford

4 DGW players for 33.
    15 for 34.

With Rooney still not having played, even the u21 match that others used for fitness, Rashford is starting to look less of a punt and that second team, of yours, looks much better for it.

I think Bolasie is definely worth having for this upcoming DGW but not the one immediately after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Mignolet/Hennessy
    Lukaku Aguero Rashford

4 DGW players for 33.
    15 for 34.

I like your second team a lot. Good point from Klop about Rooney not getting any time with the U21. LVG now looking like he might be able to keep his job next year should make him stick with Rashford also I think.

Would you go Hennessy over Robles ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

With Rooney still not having played, even the u21 match that others used for fitness, Rashford is starting to look less of a punt and that second team, of yours, looks much better for it.

I think Bolasie is definely worth having for this upcoming DGW but not the one immediately after.

just a word of warning
    the normal LVG do not apply to rooney! the MEN reported ydsy he may be in squad for spurs game.........

km79 wrote: »
    just a word of warning
    the normal LVG do not apply to rooney! the MEN reported ydsy he may be in squad for spurs game.........

Interesting if true.

I've been thinking about it since posting and now I'm wondering if Rooney is saving himself for the Euros. Ease himself back in and not take any risks. Will get match fitness and try and peak late in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Just realizing for those of us planning to play Robles... we all seem to have an expensive goalie with him as well - Mingolet/DDG/Hart etc.

But looking at the games left.... Well you will play him in GW33, GW34 (+BB possibly) & GW 37. And home games against Bournemount and Norwich aren't bad shouts either.
    So really a cheap filler BB in GW 34 and 35 is all that's needed!

09 Apr 15:00 Gameweek 33 Watford (A)
    13 Apr 20:00 Gameweek 33 Crystal Palace (A)
    16 Apr 15:00 Gameweek 34 Southampton (H)
    20 Apr 20:00 Gameweek 34 Liverpool (A)

- Gameweek 35 -
    30 Apr 15:00 Gameweek 36 Bournemouth (H)
    07 May 17:30 Gameweek 37 Leicester (A)
    11 May 19:45 Gameweek 37 Sunderland (A)
    15 May 15:00 Gameweek 38 Norwich (H)

Yes it is Everton! But I think they are tightening up a small bit. Mingolet isn't a bad shout either IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

First draft:

Mignolet/Hennessy
    Aguero Lukaku Martial

Kane, Alli and Mahrez all gone but the plan would be for Kane and Mahrez back in for GW35.

I think the front eight is fairly locked in bar Bolasie/Mahrez and Coutinho/Firmino.

Leaves me with only 3 DGW players for next week though. Can anyone see how to fit in another Everton player?

Mignolet/Hennessy
    Lukaku Aguero Rashford

4 DGW players for 33.
    15 for 34.

So Rashford allows Coleman for Simpson & Darmian for JEvans.
    Not sure Coleman is a real improvement (though he does have 2 back to back doubles but will he really get more in 4 games than Simpson in 2? Nothing less sure) . Darmian is a real improvement over Evans. We're kinda all expecting United to get 2 CS in the double. People are questioning him starting the 2 games. But he's the only option for me (Smalling's way too dear) unless you can do Hennessey + Darmian -> DDG + Palace def. Not sure your £0.5m is enough though...

If Rooney could stay out, how easier he'll make things for us WCers!

Your second team is THE WC punt team. Only pb is how do you get Kane back in 35? Is Bolasie + Payet + Rashford -> Mahrez + cheapie + Kane doable? Just tried it. I'm £1.5m short to get your proposed team. This is where team value plays its part!
    Rashford + Bolasie need a £7.3m upgrade to Mahrez & Kane so it's impossible. The best you can save on Payet is Stanislas £4.0m. For me (just got Payet back) it's a £4.4m save.
    But you could maybe do Coleman + Bolasie + Lukaku -> Simpson + Mahrez + Kane. £2.9m (for me) needed for the latter 2 moves. Coleman to Simpson only frees £1.6m. So it means Payet has to go instead of Bolasie. That'd be a very strong GW35 team for just -4 though!
    And you can get Lukaku back for Kane in 36! And only worry about Payet for 37!

Hmm... you now have me real tempted by a similar combo. Just need to find cheaper alternatives than Coleman & Bolasie.

What about Zaha? Pulled out at HT in his last game. Puncheon? (He's been a great little DGW or not short-term punt of mine in the past but he's been totally anonymous this season).

OK Going with my new goalie decision I've freed up enough funds to now keep Firmino in defense and upgrade Marhez to KDB. Loosing a fortune on Marhez.

But still a week defense! But GW 33 4 DGW's.
    GW 34 BB and 14 DGW's (maybe swap out Soure)
    GW 35 10 palying + 1FT.

Is defense overall to weak? Generally be playing 3/4/3.

382421.JPG

• Advertisement

Jesper wrote: »
    Just realizing for those of us planning to play Robles... we all seem to have an expensive goalie with him as well - Mingolet/DDG/Hart etc.

But looking at the games left.... Well you will play him in GW33, GW34 (+BB possibly) & GW 37. And home games against Bournemount and Norwich aren't bad shouts either.
    So really a cheap filler BB in GW 34 and 35 is all that's needed!

09 Apr 15:00 Gameweek 33 Watford (A)
    13 Apr 20:00 Gameweek 33 Crystal Palace (A)
    16 Apr 15:00 Gameweek 34 Southampton (H)
    20 Apr 20:00 Gameweek 34 Liverpool (A)

- Gameweek 35 -
    30 Apr 15:00 Gameweek 36 Bournemouth (H)
    07 May 17:30 Gameweek 37 Leicester (A)
    11 May 19:45 Gameweek 37 Sunderland (A)
    15 May 15:00 Gameweek 38 Norwich (H)

Yes it is Everton! But I think they are tightening up a small bit. Mingolet isn't a bad shout either IMHO.

This is a very good point and the reason why I'm keeping Hennessey for now... Robles will use an extra £0.3m for me over Henny that his form does not make a necessity if I can't afford it (I mean no need to tweak my team elsewhere for him).

-

About your WC team, I'd prefer Mignolet over Robles, a United def over Souaré even if it means taking a punt on Mitrovic for Kane. Pb is getting Kane back in 35.

Interesting if true.

I've been thinking about it since posting and now I'm wondering if Rooney is saving himself for the Euros. Ease himself back in and not take any risks. Will get match fitness and try and peak late in the season.

He would need every single minute of every game left to be match fit
    It takes him that length every time he comes back
    His touch will be horrendous for at least a month
    He will lessen further the attacking yield for the likes of martial .........

He would need every single minute of every game left to be match fit
    It takes him that length every time he comes back
    His touch will be horrendous for at least a month
    He will lessen further the attacking yield for the likes of martial .........

Also, what the Fúck am I doing trying to work out what another human is thinking.

Also, what the Fúck am I doing trying to work out what another human is thinking.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

First draft:

Mignolet/Hennessy
    Aguero Lukaku Martial

Regarding an extra DGW33 player can you not just do Jevans to Delaney and Hennessy to Robles. It effectively means you are swapping 4 games of Evertons defence (wat, cpl, SOT, liv) for 1 games Mignolet (who you'd now bench for 33) and 2 from Pullisball (WAT, ars).

Regarding Man U, Rashford is very risky indeed. Dinnery expects Rooney to be in the squad for Villa, which could mean anything from a start and 60mins/30mins for Rashford to Rooney coming on for the last 15. Impossible to call. Then it seems very likely he'l get decent minutes V palace.

Mind you if I was LVG I'd put Rooney in for Lingard, at least till he builds up fitness, keeping Rashford and Martial in for pace.

If he does replace Rashford up front though I don't think it will be a neagitve for Martial as someone said. Rooney tends to drop deep and Martial makes runs beyond him from the wing and it could actually increase Martials goal threat imo.

The punt that I might be tempted by from Man U is their cheap defence. If Fosu-Mensah starts in a huge game vs Spurs he could be worth a risk at that price, in my situation he would allow me to get Martial and KDB for 14 DGWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Another draft, anything obvious that I'm missing?

Darlow, Hennessy
    Smalling, Gabriel, Delaney, Simpson, Sakho
    KDB, Sanchez, Coutinho, Payet, Lingard
    Kane, Aguero, Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Absolutely sickened i used my BB early in the season.

Looking at 10 for GW35 if I follow through with my pre planned transfers.

Kane to Martial
    Barkley to KDB
    Cresswell to Huth as he plays 35.

I only have 0.1 wiggle room so i may have to make my 2ft and - 4 pretty soon after Gw34 opens up.

Depending on how I'm fixed in my mini league i might go another - 4 but that depends on my lead if i can extend it past the 15pts i currently have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Latest news on Firminio isn't good - still doubtful for Dortmund so I would imagine is unlikely to play full 90 mins against Stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

LostArt wrote: »
    Another draft, anything obvious that I'm missing?

Darlow, Hennessy
    Smalling, Gabriel, Delaney, Simpson, Sakho
    KDB, Sanchez, Coutinho, Payet, Lingard
    Kane, Aguero, Lukaku

Mahrez!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

loadwire wrote: »
    Mahrez!!! :)

Yeah he's haunting me tbh, it's him or Coutinho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

My head is absolutely wrecked. Tempted to head to Manchester and kidnap Rooney to make things a bit easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

tailgunner wrote: »
    My head is absolutely wrecked. Tempted to head to Manchester and kidnap Rooney to make things a bit easier.

The inhabitants of the Man Utd thread would happily fund this mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Any thoughts? Few quid in the bank for Chelsea players, not sure if it's enough though.

image1.png_zpsrtlwka8h.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Here's a draught I'm nearly settled on so what do people think?

Robles Darlow
    Simpson Gabriel Sakho Bellerin Jagielka
    Mahrez payet Ozil coutinho Alli
    Lukaku Aguero martial

I make that 10 players I'll have for 35 with 2 FT's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

STaylor and Mangala. What are peoples thoughts on how much game time they're gonna get?

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/717658827018092544

Interesting numbers, although I'd say they'll have changed a bit by gw33 deadline.

If Lennon does outdo Barkley it will be a great lift for his owners.

Bolasie a superb differential if he delivers too.

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/717659360214786048

Also.

Surprised Lukaku so low really. He's at 80% in captain polls. Bound to be massive increase in his ownership this week too.

podge018 wrote: »
    Any thoughts? Few quid in the bank for Chelsea players, not sure if it's enough though.

image1.png_zpsrtlwka8h.jpeg

I would probably try and made a 3/4th strong defender and a week fifth rather than 1 strong 3/4 weak. Maybe swap CP to Leister after this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/717659360214786048

Also.

Surprised Lukaku so low really. He's at 80% in captain polls. Bound to be massive increase in his ownership this week too.

Aguero Kane Vardy has been a strong template since Lukaku's first blank GW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

MR NINE wrote: »
    STaylor and Mangala. What are peoples thoughts on how much game time they're gonna get?

Colocinni back in training so Saylor on bench I reckon. Mangala is safe until Kompany returns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

200 points GW 34, easy game this.

4NH54A2.png

ShaneU wrote: »

4NH54A2.png

Swap Ozil in for Sanchez and Mahrez for KDB and we'll be identical team wise

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

4NH54A2.png

Whats your plan for GW35?
    Currently 9 players.

You are very well set up for 34, but not really taking advantage of this DGW 33. Only Lukaku, Robles with the double.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

lougal88 wrote: »
    Whats your plan for GW35?
    Currently 9 players.

You are very well set up for 34, but not really taking advantage of this DGW 33. Only Lukaku, Robles with the double.
    Will have 2 FT's for GW35, current plan is Martial to Pelle (Villa away) and undecided on the other.

2 Everton players is enough and Palace aren't scoring or keeping clean sheets, not expecting much from them.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Here's a draught I'm nearly settled on so what do people think?

Robles Darlow
    Simpson Gabriel Sakho Bellerin Jagielka
    Mahrez payet Ozil coutinho Alli
    Lukaku Aguero martial

I make that 10 players I'll have for 35 with 2 FT's

Might do Firmino for Coutinho if he plays tomorow. Anyone else any input? 2.1 in the bank maybe upgrade Darlow?

• Advertisement

Will have 2 FT's for GW35, current plan is Martial to Pelle (Villa away) and undecided on the other.

2 Everton players is enough and Palace aren't scoring or keeping clean sheets, not expecting much from them.

I think it's a great strategy to choose a striker playing Villa every week after GW 34. They are gone to sh1t and will only get worst. I see a few huge scores going past them over the coming weeks!

Might do Firmino for Coutinho if he plays tomorow. Anyone else any input? 2.1 in the bank maybe upgrade Darlow?

Very similiar to my current draft. I'd like to get Sanchez in. I'm going with the Everton/Newcastle Goalie strategy as well.

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/717658827018092544

Interesting numbers, although I'd say they'll have changed a bit by gw33 deadline.

If Lennon does outdo Barkley it will be a great lift for his owners.

Bolasie a superb differential if he delivers too.

Dann and Barkley are going to murder my OR aren't they

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Maybe Ozil to Sanchez? Darlow / Robles should be fine imo

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IcedJade

W45g1Bz.png

This is my current wildcard team. Would really appreciate advice. Am I missing anything? Plan is BB in 34 as I have 13 DGW players. Bank the 2 transfers between now and GW35 to bring in Pelle for Lukaku and Alli for Lennon. Havent thought far enough ahead for GW37. As it is I'm not well stocked but that can be changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Why are the GW33 WCers not putting in DDG? (assuming Smalling too dear)
    Are ye gonna use a transfer next week to get a defender when you know more?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Okay. I tried again. Got rid of Lennon for Lanzini and upgraded my defense a bit. I just have no positive expectations for Lennon! I'd rather pay less and get a possible 4 points from Lanzini than Lennon!

Pretty happy with this by all accounts!

Am I missing anything? I'm not sure about Clichy b/c of rotation risk. Any shouts for a better option?

9ZgfbEO.jpg

Am I missing anything? I'm not sure about Clichy b/c of rotation risk. Any shouts for a better option?

I really like this team, I have to say. Wish I had the funds to get something similar.

For Clichy, I have him in for the moment but also have doubts about his game time. The other options are Jagielka/Funes Mori (using your extra 0.2) or maybe downgrade Lanzini to Iwobi for a punt and use the funds elsewhere?

Dann and Barkley are going to murder my OR aren't they

Kinda terrified of Dann myself alright.

@IsMiseMyself;

Maybe Robles for Hennessey & Delaney/Ward for Evans. To take a bit more advantage of the double double. It's Norwich & Everton at home + MU away vs Watford at home + whoever you'd play ahead of Evans in GW33.

What's your plan for 35? Darmian + Payet + Lukaku -> Simpson + Mahrez + Kane? I think you can afford that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I really like this team, I have to say. Wish I had the funds to get something similar.

For Clichy, I have him in for the moment but also have doubts about his game time. The other options are Jagielka/Funes Mori (using your extra 0.2) or maybe downgrade Lanzini to Iwobi for a punt and use the funds elsewhere?

Agree that it's a nice squad. Clichy to Mangala? Hart and Sakho perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

iroced wrote: »
    @IsMiseMyself;

Maybe Robles for Hennessey & Delaney/Ward for Evans. To take a bit more advantage of the double double. It's Norwich & Everton at home + MU away vs Watford at home + whoever you'd play ahead of Evans in GW33.

What's your plan for 35? Darmian + Payet + Lukaku -> Simpson + Mahrez + Kane? I think you can afford that.

Fairly on the ball there. :cool: Think you're right about Evans.

The extra cash I accrued over the season has helped enormously, of course! Just goes to show how invaluable sites like FFFix really are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,965 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ElTel wrote: »
    Clichy to Mangala? Hart and Sakho perhaps?

I looked at getting Mangala but the problem is not with him it is with Kompany.
    Kompany is due back just before the first DGW according to the FPL website.
    If that happens it is likely that Mangala will miss at least one of the DGW matches.

Then I looked at Oatamendi who is a more definite starter. But his price is sky high.

Basically the whole man city defence except for Hart is a nightmare to chose from.
    Liverpool is not much better with only Mignolet and Sahko most assured for the DGW and gw 35.
    Arsenal have more choices in defence then the latter two. But most will want to be getting in Arsenal attackers.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Colking wrote: »
    I like your second team a lot. Good point from Klop about Rooney not getting any time with the U21. LVG now looking like he might be able to keep his job next year should make him stick with Rashford also I think.

Would you go Hennessy over Robles ?

I already have Hennessy and he's cheaper than Robles. Plan is to just play Mignolet every week. Coleman is enough from Everton at the back. Martinez is a brutal manager defensively IMO.

Regarding an extra DGW33 player can you not just do Jevans to Delaney and Hennessy to Robles. It effectively means you are swapping 4 games of Evertons defence (wat, cpl, SOT, liv) for 1 games Mignolet (who you'd now bench for 33) and 2 from Pullisball (WAT, ars).

Regarding Man U, Rashford is very risky indeed. Dinnery expects Rooney to be in the squad for Villa, which could mean anything from a start and 60mins/30mins for Rashford to Rooney coming on for the last 15. Impossible to call. Then it seems very likely he'l get decent minutes V palace.

Mind you if I was LVG I'd put Rooney in for Lingard, at least till he builds up fitness, keeping Rashford and Martial in for pace.

If he does replace Rashford up front though I don't think it will be a neagitve for Martial as someone said. Rooney tends to drop deep and Martial makes runs beyond him from the wing and it could actually increase Martials goal threat imo.

The punt that I might be tempted by from Man U is their cheap defence. If Fosu-Mensah starts in a huge game vs Spurs he could be worth a risk at that price, in my situation he would allow me to get Martial and KDB for 14 DGWs.

I expect Rashford to get at least 30 minutes per game which is probably enough given the opppsition. It leaves me with five very strong defensive players also.

Plus I'll have a GW of 30 players. Even if each player just got appearance points, that's 60 points!

• Advertisement
Advertisement