Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    So Rashford allows Coleman for Simpson & Darmian for JEvans.
    Not sure Coleman is a real improvement (though he does have 2 back to back doubles but will he really get more in 4 games than Simpson in 2? Nothing less sure) . Darmian is a real improvement over Evans. We're kinda all expecting United to get 2 CS in the double. People are questioning him starting the 2 games. But he's the only option for me (Smalling's way too dear) unless you can do Hennessey + Darmian -> DDG + Palace def. Not sure your £0.5m is enough though...

If Rooney could stay out, how easier he'll make things for us WCers!

Your second team is THE WC punt team. Only pb is how do you get Kane back in 35? Is Bolasie + Payet + Rashford -> Mahrez + cheapie + Kane doable? Just tried it. I'm £1.5m short to get your proposed team. This is where team value plays its part!
    Rashford + Bolasie need a £7.3m upgrade to Mahrez & Kane so it's impossible. The best you can save on Payet is Stanislas £4.0m. For me (just got Payet back) it's a £4.4m save.
    But you could maybe do Coleman + Bolasie + Lukaku -> Simpson + Mahrez + Kane. £2.9m (for me) needed for the latter 2 moves. Coleman to Simpson only frees £1.6m. So it means Payet has to go instead of Bolasie. That'd be a very strong GW35 team for just -4 though!
    And you can get Lukaku back for Kane in 36! And only worry about Payet for 37!

Hmm... you now have me real tempted by a similar combo. Just need to find cheaper alternatives than Coleman & Bolasie.

What about Zaha? Pulled out at HT in his last game. Puncheon? (He's been a great little DGW or not short-term punt of mine in the past but he's been totally anonymous this season).

I'm not interested in Zaha. Even my interest in Bolasie is stretching it. I'm wondering now though could Mahrez produce a wonder show at Sunderland this weekend. That's my big fear.

Will have to sit down and have an in depth look at my GW35 transfers this evening and the coatings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Are people selling Kane/Mahrez with the intention of buying back for 35!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm not interested in Zaha. Even my interest in Bolasie is stretching it. I'm wondering now though could Mahrez produce a wonder show at Sunderland this weekend. That's my big fear.
    Me neither. Was just looking at other Everton mid options for me since I can't afford "your" team. And result is it's Bolasie or no one.

About Mahrez, yeah that's the risk but Leicester are on 5 1-0 in their last 6 games and in 6 of their last 7 they only scored 1 goal each time (scored 2 in the other game). So they're not free scoring. Sunderland are fighting for their survival. Sunderland conceded 2 goals twice in their last 9 games. All the other games they conceded 1 or none. So Sunderland have tightened up at the back.

So, on paper, it's a risk that could pay off over 2 GWs.

What I like about your team is there's no conundrum for the attacker to bench in GW33, United being away to Spurs, £4.5m Rashford is the "easy" candidate.

Yes. Personally I'm trying to find the best 3-4DGW33ers - 15 DGW34ers combo hoping for no injuries/suspensions/rotations in between to allow me a triple transfer in 35 bringing back Mahrez & Kane in and Simpson at the back to enable it. Only -4 for a verys trong GW35 team and hopefully a decent 33 return and a huge one for my GW34 BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Mahrez, no. He's staying.

Kane, probably. Will get back in for lukaku or martial depending on who's in worse form.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Sanchez and Milner or Ozil and Coutinho???? Aaaagh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Kdb showing why he should be in every wc!

Going to draw lots of attention now and there is gonna be a boost in transfers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

-=al=- wrote: »
    Kdb showing why he should be in every wc!

Going to draw lots of attention now and there is gonna be a boost in transfers!

he is back from injury and played only 58 at weekend. p!ays tonight and MASSIVE game Tuesday night......will he start Saturday ? and the following weekend??????
    I was tempted by him as my transfer this week but felt Sanchez was safer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Half tempted of ditching Aguero, am I mad? Both GW34 games are away. Always the chance he will go mental but City havent looked like doing it much recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

km79 wrote: »
    he is back from injury and played only 58 at weekend. p!ays tonight and MASSIVE game Tuesday night......will he start Saturday ? and the following weekend??????
    I was tempted by him as my transfer this week but felt Sanchez was safer

I'd say with Navas and Nasri as his main competition he will play at least 60-70 mins in each of those league games.

Sterling is out for another 4 weeks. Yaya due back next week but more likely to slot in for Fernandinho.

• Advertisement

lougal88 wrote: »
    I'd say with Navas and Nasri as his main competition he will play at least 60-70 mins in each of those league games.

Sterling is out for another 4 weeks. Yaya due back next week but more likely to slot in for Fernandinho.

I think there will be a lot of disappointed new owners Saturday at the start of the game........how they feel by the end is another story!

I think there will be a lot of disappointed new owners Saturday at the start of the game........how they feel by the end is another story!

You don't think he'll start? It really depends how this game goes I suppose. I think we'll see him subbed for Bony in the next 15 mins or so.

But look at Citys bench tonight:
    Caballero Kol Zabaleta Demichelis Delph Bony and Iheanacho.
    Hardly much competition for KdB's starting place.

You don't think he'll start? It really depends how this game goes I suppose. I think we'll see him subbed for Bony in the next 15 mins or so.

But look at Citys bench tonight:
    Caballero Kol Zabaleta Demichelis Delph Bony and Iheanacho.
    Hardly much competition for KdB's starting place.

would not be suprised to see iheanacho start Saturday !
    all depends on next 30 mins of this game

would not be suprised to see iheanacho start Saturday !
    all depends on next 30 mins of this game

Defo changes incoming now with City chasing.
    Ill be surprised if he doesn't start Saturday though tbh.

Big player for them and Pellegrini isn't famous for resting players just back from layoffs :P

Defo changes incoming now with City chasing.
    Ill be surprised if he doesn't start Saturday though tbh.

Big player for them and Pellegrini isn't famous for resting players just back from layoffs :P

aguero will be fresh anyway
    not touched the ball :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Agreed, he wont play 3 games in a week, surely he wont?

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »

he looked shattered coming off
    be AMAZED if he starts

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mahrez against the worst lb defensively in the league this week pva.

Bench Payet then? :)

he looked shattered coming off
    be AMAZED if he starts

Same here but Pellegrini is a law onto himself.

Same here but Pellegrini is a law onto himself.

better for aguero if he starts anyway but I fear we may see the dreaded 442 with iheanacho or worse bony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

lougal88 wrote:
    Bench Payet then? :)

Not necessarily, but definitely don't bench Mahrez

spock. wrote: »
    Not necessarily, but definitely don't bench Mahrez

Payet Mahrez Sanchez Coutinho Lennon
    Aguero Kane Lukaku

Headache :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

PVA is decent. Cissokho and Moreno worse imo

stephenl15 wrote: »
    PVA is decent. Cissokho and Moreno worse imo

He has great technique but an absolute liability defensively. I forgot about cissokho he is definetly the worst and moreno is much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

He has great technique but an absolute liability defensively. I forgot about cissokho he is definetly the worst and moreno is much the same.

I'm probably a better footballer than Cissokho. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

God damn it, it's hard enough picking a team without worrying about KDB :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

33&1/3rd draft:

Mignolet/Hennessy
    Bellerin Gabriel Sakho Delaney Daniels(or Jags or Evans)
    Bolasie Sanchez Lennon Coutinho Payet
    Aguero Lukaku Kane

Comments please!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Should I get rid of aguero just to give me the funds to get kdb in alongside continuo and Sánchez?

This would also free up funds for other positions,
    Other current mids are payet and iwobi,

if I was to do this my first choice would be sturridge but already have 3 from Liverpool, so who would you go for, or should I just leave it alone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Should I get rid of aguero just to give me the funds to get kdb in alongside continuo and Sánchez?

if I was to do this my first choice would be sturridge but already have 3 from Liverpool, so who would you go for, or should I just leave it alone?

If you think KDB will score more points then Aguero between now and the end of the season. I heard that that Pelegrini said he wants to keep playing KDB to give him match sharpness, Personally I will be sticking with Aguero.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Either I'm getting rid of Mahrez for good, or I'm keeping him. Have way too much value tied up on him to afford replacing him for two weeks. My TV is already bad enough as it is. What can I say, my rookie season has been a bit of a learning experience! :pac:

Have had barely any time to concentrate on FF the one week I needed time for it. Only out in a very small amount of effort into my WC team. Very very rough team is looking like this:

De Gea Robles
    Smalling Bellerin Delaney Gabriel Moreno
    Sanchez Payet Lennon Alli Mahrez
    Martial Aguero Lukaku

2.2ITB

Tempted to go for Iwobi as a risk for one of my midfielders. Then would have to shuffle probably Bellerin out and maybe I could get KDB in for Alli with extra value. Not gone on Lennon as well who'll be under threat from Deulofeu, Mirallas and Kone for his place. I want double United defence for DGW34 with those fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I think Aguero is guaranteed to start every game once he is fit, like others have mentioned in this thread, KDB could be rested. Also, I don't think Iwobi will start once Ramsey is back, well, there's doubts that he will, i'd pick him otherwise.

To all Manchester United fans.

Is Rojo or CBJ first choice left back ?

I've done lots of research but no clear evidence as both players seemed to be injured at the same times, over the course of the season, or one was injured when the other wasn't.

I can't see where both were available AFTER CBJ made his debut thus staking a claim for that position.

My logic tells me LVG will play it safe with Rojo and will start him when available but maybe I'm wrong and you all know something I don't. I know CBJ has been very impressive.

Has LVG said anything publicly that indicates who he prefers ?

Have gone from 220k overall to 110k to 61k in the last 3 weeks. Have also clawed league leader from 80 points clear of me to 12 points behind. So a big week with my WC now.

Any thoughts on the following ?

DDG, Darlow

Smalling, Bellerin, Gabriel, Coleman, Sakho

Sanchez, Coutinho, Mahrez, Bolasie, Lingard

Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

Zero left ITB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

He took Rojo off at half time because he was playing terrible, wouldn't be surprised if he was dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Wildcard activated. Go hard or go home.

Mignolet/Hennessy
    Sakho Bellerin Gabriel Coleman Darmian
    Sanchez KDB Payet Coutinho MAHREZ
    Aguero Lukaku Rashford

Mahrez is the one thing I'm unsure of. I can hangs him to Bolasie and free up 0.4 but I'll lose a full million on him so I don't think getting him back in will be an option.

If I do go for that, I could go Hennessy to Robles leaving me with:

Mignolet/Robles
    Sanchez KDB Payet Coutinho Bolasie
    Aguero Lukaku Rashford

Opinions?

ShaneU wrote: »
    He took Rojo off at half time because he was playing terrible, wouldn't be surprised if he was dropped.

I thought he said it was because of jetlag.

Mignolet/Hennessy
    Aguero Lukaku Rashford

Mahrez is the one thing I'm unsure of. I can hangs him to Bolasie and free up 0.4 but I'll lose a full million on him so I don't think getting him back in will be an option.

Mignolet/Robles
    Aguero Lukaku Rashford

Opinions?

I think Bolasie is a must for the first DGW.

Could you keep Mahrez and leave Coutinho out. Then for the following DGW you could use your FT to bring in Coutinho or Firmino depending on how LFC get on in Europa as you'd know at that stage if we are out of that comp.

It would give you time to asses LFC midfield and maybe Sturridge will get injured in the interim meaning Firmino starts upfront.

Edit - similar could be said re KDB and him maybe not starting this weekend.

To all Manchester United fans.

Is Rojo or CBJ first choice left back ?

I've done lots of research but no clear evidence as both players seemed to be injured at the same times, over the course of the season, or one was injured when the other wasn't.

I can't see where both were available AFTER CBJ made his debut thus staking a claim for that position.

My logic tells me LVG will play it safe with Rojo and will start him when available but maybe I'm wrong and you all know something I don't. I know CBJ has been very impressive.

Rojo has been average on his best games
    Awful in last 2
    CBJ played with the u21s Monday night so if he starts Sunday I'll be getting him in. Still would not be sure he would play in both doubles though but I'd rather chance him than Rojo due to the price difference and CBJ actually having an attacking threat !
    Ashley young of course could be the fly in the ointment !
    If I was on a wildcard I'd get neither tbh
    Need to see Sunday first

Yeah I'm on a WC so currently going DDG and Smalling but if somebody was confident and convinced me CBJ was gonna be first choice then I'd have a lot more cash to spread around.

Don't think it'll happen so I'll play it safe.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm on a WC so currently going DDG and Smalling but if somebody was confident and convinced me CBJ was gonna be first choice then I'd have a lot more cash to spread around.

Don't think it'll happen so I'll play it safe.

if I had my wildcard I would be bringing him on for smith as a filler anyway along with one of the other 2 as smith is yellow flagged and poor fixtures CBJ OS cheaper
    but I don't so :D
    Tbh though there are too many possibilitys....
    rojo will not start Sunday. no way. CBJ is left footed and was excellent till his injury so most fans want to see him back in BUT Ashley young can also play there AND an equally likly scenario is darmian LB and Fosu Mensah (or Valencia ) RB!!!!
    so yes de gea and stalling the safest

Have gone from 220k overall to 110k to 61k in the last 3 weeks. Have also clawed league leader from 80 points clear of me to 12 points behind. So a big week with my WC now.

Any thoughts on the following ?

DDG, Darlow

Smalling, Bellerin, Gabriel, Coleman, Sakho

Sanchez, Coutinho, Mahrez, Bolasie, Lingard

Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

Zero left ITB

Whats your plan for GW34?
    Are you keeping Kane? What about Bolasie?

I would consider getting Payet in, or if funds don't allow that get Lanzini.
    Also although its brilliant to have DDG and Smalling, one or the other would really free up funds elsewhere. Unless you are confident that Coleman will get attacking points then Robles might be as useful as EVE def coverage.

Just a suggestion but you could go:
    DDG - Robles
    Coleman - CBJ
    Bolasie - Payet maybe? not sure on the maths here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Mignolet/Hennessy
    Aguero Lukaku Rashford

Mignolet/Robles
    Aguero Lukaku Rashford

Opinions?

With team 1 do you have anything ITB ?

This is a very tricky conundrum and it's a coin toss either way.

Bolasie is a good punt for this weekend but I would be nervous about losing Mahrez against Sunderland (even though the Sunderland defense is tightening up and Leicester are the new George Graham Arsenal) he's one of the few in the game that can be genuinely described as explosive (this season) and we know how he can hurt you (not looking at FHFC ;) )

I have Mahrez, I left out a Liverpool mid this week and will transfer one in for next week (so I could fit in Bolasie) but you now have value tied up in most of your WC midfield. Don't worry about the small value though at this stage of the season if thats the only reason not to sit someone out this week.

Separately, none of us can make rhyme or reason of LVG choices but are you comfortable with the risk exposure on both ?

Edit
    Firminho has been declared fit for Dortmund. Maybe consider leaving Coutinho out of your WC, bringing in Bolasie and then transferring in Firmino for Bolasie for 34.

Whats your plan for GW34?
    Are you keeping Kane? What about Bolasie?

I would consider getting Payet in, or if funds don't allow that get Lanzini.
    Also although its brilliant to have DDG and Smalling, one or the other would really free up funds elsewhere. Unless you are confident that Coleman will get attacking points then Robles might be as useful as EVE def coverage.

Just a suggestion but you could go:
    DDG - Robles
    Coleman - CBJ
    Bolasie - Payet maybe? not sure on the maths here.

Had one draft with Payet and realistically I can't afford him. I'm more than happy with having Lanzini though and he's been in most of my drafts.

I really want DDG and another Unuted defender. CBJ allows Payet but I don't want to gamble with my WC and see a player on the bench for my DGW 34 BB.

I would happily sacrifice Coleman but only for CBJ, Lovern or maybe Reid of West Ham.

I am keeping Kane and Bolasie is only for DGW 33. I will swap Bolasie out in GW 34 for either Payet or Lanzini depending on whatever cash I have. So it'll be Smalling and Lanzini or CBJ and Payet.

Mignolet/Hennessy
    Aguero Lukaku Rashford

Mignolet/Robles
    Aguero Lukaku Rashford

Opinions?

I'm not getting the Coleman love in these teams, he hasnt offered much going forward tbis season for his price.

2 6 1 1 4 in his last 5 games. Not a punt id make.

Rashford looks a candidate to drop out as soon as Rooney is back so are you left with little or nothing to get a replacement if he makes the bemch v Spurs as rumours are suggesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

-4 to get Bolasie in is a no brainer

Even if we blanks in both games you'll get the -4 you spent back

WIN WIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Right..

Robles/Darlow
    Dann, Evans, Lovren, Gabriel, Smalling
    Coutinho, Sanchez, KDB, Payet, Bolasie
    Lukaku, Aguero, Mitrovic

Anyone know if Gabriel is nailed on?

LostArt wrote: »
    Right..

Robles/Darlow
    Lukaku, Aguero, Mitrovic

The general consensus is that he is nailed on.

Texas Jack wrote: »
    -4 to get Bolasie in is a no brainer

Even if we blanks in both games you'll get the -4 you spent back

WIN WIN

You will be down 2 pts as the player you took out would have got you 2 going by that logic.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

LostArt wrote: »
    Right..

Robles/Darlow
    Lukaku, Aguero, Mitrovic

Wenger usually keeps his team sheet consistent, especially along the back four if there are no new injury concerns. As an Arsenal fan, I'd trust Gabriel to start the next couple of games as long as there isn't an injury between him or Koscielny that lasts a game or two. Such a steal for 4.3M!

Although I hope I don't have to eat my words!

• Advertisement
Advertisement