Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

COH wrote: »
    Team A

Mig/Robles
    Bellerin/Moreno/Sakho/Delaney/Gabriel
    Sanchez/Lanzini/Payet/Barkely/Mahrez
    Aguerro/Kane/Lukaku

Team B

Mig/Robles
    Simpson/Moreno/Evans/Delaney/Gabriel
    Sanchez/Coutinho/Payet/Lennon/KDB
    Aguerro/Martial/Lukaku

B easily.

A has 2 Liverpool defenders and Liverpool GK! Danger danger!
    B has KdB
    B has a United player, A doesn't have any! United have a DGW at home to Villa (worst team in the league by a mile) and at home to Palace (no wins in the league in 2016 - woeful)

Only thing I would look for is to get Firmino into B instead of Coutinho

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

iroced wrote: »
    I like your team. CBJ & Lennon are punts but they allow Martial. Who do you bench in 33 though?

Not sure Martial KDB > Kane Coutinho for 33 though. If you do it in 34 can you do Payet + Lukaku -> Mahrez + Kane in 35 for -4?

Nah only reason I'm doing Kane + Coutinho to KdB + Martial now in 33 is so I can buy Coutinho back next week for the double.
    Don't want to do it next week as Id be swapping 1 doubler for another.
    Might be counter-productive but only way I can afford KdB and Martial.

Actually just looking, I can do Kane + Mahrez/Lennon + Dann to Martial + Kdb + CBJ in GW34 :)

Pros: only one hit. team well set up with 14/15 dgwers.

Cons: wont have KDB this week. possible CBJ doesn't play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I like your team. CBJ & Lennon are punts but they allow Martial. Who do you bench in 33 though?

Not sure Martial KDB > Kane Coutinho for 33 though. If you do it in 34 can you do Payet + Lukaku -> Mahrez + Kane in 35 for -4?

I think most people plan is to get Mahrez & Kane back in 35.

It's gona cost me 1.5 mil extra to get them back - which is a lot! Decided that I've to drop one so Mahrez is the one :/ I've had since week 1 so it's tough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Tend to agree with iroced and dahat about Coleman. I had initially been advising people off Robles as I felt you needed some attacking threat from your Evertob def as they are so poor defensively.

But then I came to the position that they were too expensive at nearly 6m when you can 'cover' Everton defence (as almost everyone has at least one and they do have 3 extra games) very cheaply with Robles.

So I'd go with the second teams backline but put somebody cheaper in for Coleman. Maybe West Ham?

Rashford I'm not convinced on. I could also majorly pimp my team by going for him over Martial but Rooney will be pushing for minutes ahead of the Euro squad announcement. Rashford could do well and play 60x2 but theres a significant risk of 2 x 1 pointers as well.

I'm more attracted to a gamble on one of Uniteds cheap FBs if one of them starts vs Spurs.

Its proving quite helpful having wildcarded last week and being able to monitor things like Rooney returning, Utds full backs etc and having 2 FTs and probably a hit to tweak the GW34 team.

He has four games in 2 GWs though and is an attacking threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Hart Robles

Gabriel Clichy Lovren Darmian Coleman

Sanchez Iwobi Coutinho Mata Payet

Aguero Martial Lukaku

Still undecided about Mata - but that means getting KDB in and then fiddling around with the whole team. I have a feeling Rashford is going to score well but thats not really backed up by logic with Rooney coming back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Hart Robles

Aguero Martial Lukaku

Any thoughts?

Since you have Hart, perhaps Clichy who could see rotation could be replaced with a Leicester defender who plays in GW35. Personally feel one premium United attacker is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I've been reading the Rashford debate with interest. This is how I see it. For folks WCing this week, there seems to be a bit dream team template of the following front 8:

KDB - Sanchez - Coutinho - Bolasie - Payet
    Martial - Lukaku - Aguero

Personally I can't afford this, even with a relatively budget defence. So I need to either take one punt on a cheapie, or I need to downgrade number of players.

If I was to go the multiple-downgrades route, I'd be looking at something like:
    Silva - Ozil - Milner
    instead of
    KDB - Sanchez - Coutinho
    That's a lot of compromise imho. Also, it gives a benching headache for future weeks.

So I've been looking at a punt on a cheapie instead of one of the bigger hitters.
    I think I've shortlisted it to:
    1. Lanzini instead of Payet
    2. Rashford instead of Martial

On balance I'm leaning towards Lanzini for the following reasons:
    - He looks like a guaranteed starter. He's started the last 5 games, think he was injured before that.
    - If I go for Rashford, it will be very hard to get Kane in afterwards. At least with Martial I'm 'only' about £3m off.
    - Going for Lanzini over Rashford leaves me with 1.1m in the bank, rather 0.7m (may still invest that in defence).

To be fair, going without Payet is a bit scary. More scary than going without Martial, so I need to think about this!

The final thing is, both those players are VERY cheap - 4.9 and 4.5. We really shouldn't be expecting too much of them. If it was a similarly priced defender who got 4 appearance points, plus 1 clean sheet (8 points total) for a DGW, we'd all be delighted. So if Lanzini/Rashford got the 4 appearance points, plus 1 goal/assist, that would be a decent return in my book, considering I'd have 7 other heavy hitters (well, maybe Bolasie's not considered too heavy of a hitter!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Great post OneColdHand and exactly my thinking and dilemmas too.

I'm gonna have to try and project my future transfers (for DGW37) and see which GW33-35 combo suits me best. e.g. going Lanzini over Payet does it mean Payet out of the question for GW37 or go with both?

-=al=- wrote: »
    It's gona cost me 1.5 mil extra to get them back - which is a lot! Decided that I've to drop one so Mahrez is the one :/ I've had since week 1 so it's tough!
    I agree with you and am also owning Mahrez from GW1 (and would have liked owning him for the whole season) but as long as I can afford this costly moves I'm prepared to go for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

If Everton didn't have the double 33 I'd be getting in Iwobi instead of Lennon without doubt and upgrading Gabriel to a Utd def

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Hart Robles

Aguero Martial Lukaku

Still undecided about Mata - but that means getting KDB in and then fiddling around with the whole team. I have a feeling Rashford is going to score well but thats not really backed up by logic with Rooney coming back.

Mata's returns are awful, if he was available for 6 million I still wouldn't sign him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Liverpool still nil all with Dortmund
    If they unexpectedly get through it really lessens their appeal in FPL
    Even a good result here tonight increases rotation risks for next 2 games
    Away goal scored !!!!
    Steps away from Liverpool players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Anyone have any love for Deeney from Watford? Relatively easy teams left and has Villa in between their double game weeks (as well as a blank though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

siblers wrote: »
    Mata's returns are awful, if he was available for 6 million I still wouldn't sign him.

Villa at home - could be 3/4 goals for Utd in that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

Quandary...

1. De Gea, Barkley and Lingaard

or

2. Robles, Lennon and Coutinho

1. leaves me lightish in midfield: Sanchez, Payet, Mahrez, Barkley, Lingard

2 leaves me no Man U whatsoever and can't really fit one in without decimating my team. Defence looks like:

Gabriel, Bellerin, Evans, Moreno, Delaney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

DDG Mig,

Gabriel Bellerin Delaney Jags Sakho

Sanchez Bollasie Coutinho Lennon Payet

Aguero Martial Lukaku

well I kind of like this team what do ye think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Firminio on against Dortmund for the last 13 minutes.

Came on for Lalalalalalalana even though Coutinho looks like he's about to faint

patmac wrote: »
    DDG Mig,

Gabriel Bellerin Delaney Jags Sakho

Sanchez Bollasie Coutinho Lennon Payet

Aguero Martial Lukaku

well I kind of like this team what do ye think?

You're in bad shape for gw 35, you've no Leicester or Spurs either, you seem to have based your team to get as many double gameweek players as possible, leaving you short in other areas.

Cartman78 wrote: »

Came on for Lalalalalalalana even though Coutinho looks like he's about to faint

will be a lot of tired legs Sunday !
    Arnie could make hay after I and many others sold him!

km79 wrote: »
    will be a lot of tired legs Sunday !
    Arnie could make hay after I and many others sold him!

Yeah...Liverpool kinda hanging on in fairness...Sturridge coming on now.

FWIW that eejit Moreno is suspended for the second leg after miraculously only getting a yellow for a scissor tackle lunge
    ...he's one of the stupid players I've ever seen and yep...is currently a proud member of my WC team

Edit: just done Moreno to Lovern....that tackle has reminded me what a liability he is

Yeah...Liverpool kinda hanging on in fairness...Sturridge coming on now.

FWIW that eejit Moreno is suspended for the second leg after miraculously only getting a yellow for a scissor tackle lunge
    ...he's one of the stupid players I've ever seen and yep...is currently a proud member of my WC team

never
    getting
    him
    ever
    again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Thoughts on Welbeck lads? Seems to be first choice striker at the moment and some good fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can't figure out how many minutes he's likely to play on Sunday now. I have him already so it may just be a matter of benching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    Liverpool still nil all with Dortmund
    If they unexpectedly get through it really lessens their appeal in FPL
    Even a good result here tonight increases rotation risks for next 2 games
    Away goal scored !!!!
    Steps away from Liverpool players

Ye if they get through its going to be a lottery which players will play the league games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm honestly torn as to whether to hold Kane, Morgan, and Mahrez this week and to take a -8 to ship them for the double (for Coutinho, Martial, and Clichy) or to just do the swap in my wildcard and have my lovely two FTs to sort my team out pre-35.

I think I have a mental block about being without Leicester and Spurs cover for a GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Dubstar07

Hi all, this is my WC draft currently:

Robles Forster

Bellerin JEvans Morgan Delaney Fosu-Mensah

Sanchez Bolasie Payet Mahrez Iwobi

Aguero Kane Lukaku

1.8 itb

Will BB gw 34. Trying to keep an eye on getting as many gw35 players too.

Appreciate any suggestions, head wrecked like everyone else!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Dubstar07 wrote: »
    Hi all, this is my WC draft currently:

Robles Forster

Bellerin JEvans Morgan Delaney Fosu-Mensah

Sanchez Bolasie Payet Mahrez Iwobi

Aguero Kane Lukaku

1.8 itb

Will BB gw 34. Trying to keep an eye on getting as many gw35 players too.

Appreciate any suggestions, head wrecked like everyone else!! Thanks
    Kane to Martial and Fosu-Mensah to a definite starter? Or upgrade Iwobi or Bolasie. Bolaise to Coutinho maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

My draft team looks like this:
    Robles, mignolet,
    Bellerin, Gabriel, sahko, darmain, Simpson,
    Sanchez, kdb, coutinho, Lennon, bolaise,
    Aguero, lukaku, martial.

Plan is to do bolaise to TOWNSEND, for gw 34 and probably martial to Kane for gw35.

I want to join Mr. Prodston's school of hard punts.

Great post OneColdHand and exactly my thinking and dilemmas too.

I'm gonna have to try and project my future transfers (for DGW37) and see which GW33-35 combo suits me best. e.g. going Lanzini over Payet does it mean Payet out of the question for GW37 or go with both?

I haven't worked out my gw37 transfers to a tee, but at the back of my mind I thought that I could have both if that worked. Payet as a Tc in gw37 can't be ignored!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Might have to transfer out Coutinho and maybe Sakho...all to play for at Anfield, and I reckon Coutinho at the very least will be rested

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Not a hope of Coutinho being rested. Liverpool are fighting for a CL spot that would be far more beneficial to them than winning the Europa League.

Firmino is a no go now, for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Torricelli wrote: »
    Not a hope of Coutinho being rested. Liverpool are fighting for a CL spot that would be far more beneficial to them than winning the Europa League.

Winning the Europa league gets a CL spot this year.

Winning the Europa League gives them a place in the CL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Winning the Europa league gets a CL spot this year.
    Didn't realise that.

I still think he'll start but will be hauled off around 60 if they're winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Win Europa gets them a CL spot as well as Top 4 in the league.

Didn't realise that.

I still think he'll start but will be hauled off around 60 if they're winning.

he was out on his feet
    I think stoke will take at least a point Sunday now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

On wildcard.This is the team I decided I would probably get.
    But that was before the liverpool game.
    I have bench boost chip as well gw 34
    fantasy football WC GW33.png

But after liverpool's distraction of europe it suddenly feels like it is all up in the air again. I assumed Dortmund would give them a lesson!
    How wrong I was!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

So in simple terms what does Hendersons injury mean for Liverpools midfield? Less rotation risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

So in simple terms what does Hendersons injury mean for Liverpools midfield? Less rotation risk?

Not a Liverpool supporter but seems to be two options: Drop Milner back to CM or bring Allen in. Can suspended next two matches so should be the former against Stoke and Bournemouth at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Think I'm gonna switch Gabriel to Darmian on WC and do Lennon to Iwobi for gw 34:) Will mean a -4 to get 11 for 35 though but gives me decent Utd defensive cover. Plus I can do a lot more with Darmian to a defender than I could've done with Lennon, will be able to keep Iwobi as my 5th mid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

podge018 wrote: »
    Quandary...

1. De Gea, Barkley and Lingaard

or

2. Robles, Lennon and Coutinho

1. leaves me lightish in midfield: Sanchez, Payet, Mahrez, Barkley, Lingard

2 leaves me no Man U whatsoever and can't really fit one in without decimating my team. Defence looks like:

Gabriel, Bellerin, Evans, Moreno, Delaney
    1 for me!

Only thing is what's your plan for GW35 (e.g. Mahrez, Kane & Leicester def back in)? And which option gives you the most flexibility?

• Advertisement

Joe Allen will be straight in I'd imagine although Milner might drop back (hopefully not) and Firmino would replace Milner further up the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I used my WC last week a little early - I was in the final of a cup (which won me a few quid), so I took punts on Azpi and Fabregas. They play Swansea this week, so no major issues holding them, but don't fancy them v Man City in the DGW, however they do have a decent fixture in GW35. My team at present looks like this:

DDG, Robles
    Delaney, Gabriel, Azpi, Clyne, Ogbonna
    Wijnaldum, Ozil, Mahrez, Payet, Fabregas
    Aguero, Lukaku, Welbeck

That gives me:
    3 DGW 33 players
    12 DGW 34 players (will use BB)
    9 GW 35 players

I have used my transfer this week to bring in Lukaku.

I was considering taking a hit to get another DGW player this week for Azpi/Fab, but am conscious they won't play GW35.

The original plan was to move Fab for a Liverpool mf in GW34, keep Azpi, then take a hit in GW35 to bring a keeper (Mignolet most likely) and Kane for Lukaku. That would see me navigate these gameweeks only taking one hit and also with 7 DGW players already for GW 37.

I could, however, take an extra hit next week doing Azpi/Cesc > Sakho/KDB.

Any advice for me? (Please no judgments for my less than perfect planning - the filthy lucre I won last week was too tempting)

Joe Allen will be straight in I'd imagine although Milner might drop back (hopefully not) and Firmino would replace Milner further up the field.

Damn was planning on getting Milner in 35 !
    He is not very fashionable but he gets points !
    Another assist last night

Liverpool not getting hammered last night has added another layer of complexity to the WC scenario.

I can see Firminio and Sturridge getting a lot of game time against Stoke with Coutinho being rested, and Toure coming in for Sahko/Lovern (hopefully Skrtel stays up in the stands where he can't do any damage).

As for the DGW, Liverpool will be an absolute lottery....Milner looking like a sure thing in midfield for those seeking a conservative option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Degag wrote: »
    Thoughts on Welbeck lads? Seems to be first choice striker at the moment and some good fixtures coming up.

I want an Arsenal striker too but he's a rotation risk with Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Probably going to swap Coutinho and Firminio, Lovren getting rested has me worried now though.

Jonny Evans. Never thought I'd have an entire post on Jonny Evans. But some mentioned the WB defence earlier in the thread and it's something I want to look at today while finalising my WC. As point out, WB next 4 games aren't exactly tasty. Watford home is ok in GW34. But apart from that it's 3 away to Arsenal, City and Spurs. So I'm not sure why I have him in my team. Rest of my defence is Sahko, Gabriel, Delaney + Jagielka/Coleman. So who is a good alternative?

I suppose a united defender would be a good option, Darmian most likely. That would leave me a bit short for GW35, but could switch Delaney for Simpson that week.

Clichy? I can afford him, but is he nailed on? I wouldn't have thought so. Also, while they have a good fixture this week, they have 2 away games for the double GW, and that follows an important CL game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Jonny Evans. Never thought I'd have an entire post on Jonny Evans. But some mentioned the WB defence earlier in the thread and it's something I want to look at today while finalising my WC. As point out, WB next 4 games aren't exactly tasty. Watford home is ok in GW34. But apart from that it's 3 away to Arsenal, City and Spurs. So I'm not sure why I have him in my team. Rest of my defence is Sahko, Gabriel, Delaney + Jagielka/Coleman. So who is a good alternative?

I suppose a united defender would be a good option, Darmian most likely. That would leave me a bit short for GW35, but could switch Delaney for Simpson that week.

Clichy? I can afford him, but is he nailed on? I wouldn't have thought so. Also, while they have a good fixture this week, they have 2 away games for the double GW, and that follows an important CL game.

Double up on Liverpool, if you can afford Clichy you can afford Clyne.

Other than Evans (or other WB), you are looking at a Newcastle defender if you want DGW 34 and GW 35 player

mectavba wrote: »
    Double up on Liverpool, if you can afford Clichy you can afford Clyne.

Other than Evans (or other WB), you are looking at a Newcastle defender if you want DGW 34 and GW 35 player

Sorry, should have mentioned I have Mig and Robles as GK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Whats the best combination?

A. Rojo, Steven Taylor, Barkley
    B Darmian/Rojo, Lennon, Sakho/Lovren

Rest of the team looks like this:

Mignolet, Robles
    Bellerin, Gabriel, Simpson
    Firmino, Sanchez, Payet, Mahrez
    Lukaku, Kane, Aguero

Each selection leaves me with
    33: 3DGW
    34: 12DGW with bench boost
    35: 10 players with 2 free transfers, hopefully use one to get 11 and roll over the other
    36: 2 free transfers to get my team in shape for 37

Any other players i should consider instead?

• Advertisement
Advertisement