Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Whats the best combination?

A. Rojo, Steven Taylor, Barkley
    B Darmian/Rojo, Lennon, Sakho/Lovren

Rest of the team looks like this:

Mignolet, Robles
    Bellerin, Gabriel, Simpson
    Firmino, Sanchez, Payet, Mahrez
    Lukaku, Kane, Aguero

Each selection leaves me with
    33: 3DGW
    34: 12DGW with bench boost
    35: 10 players with 2 free transfers, hopefully use one to get 11 and roll over the other
    36: 2 free transfers to get my team in shape for 37

Any other players i should consider instead?

B for me. Wouldn't fancy Rojo or Taylor from A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

B for me. Wouldn't fancy Rojo or Taylor from A.

Cheers,

I just have the fear that Barkley will hit a big score over the next few matches and his place is guaranteed, whereas Lennon and Deulofeu may be challenged by Mirallas,and to a lesser extent Kone and Cleverly

I'm not really sure if Darmian is a much safer option than rojo at the minute either.
    I'd honestly hate having Taylor in my team, but only had the exact 3.8m left.

Who is least likely to be rested between Lovren and Sahko?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Who is least likely to be rested between Lovren and Sahko?
    Whichever one I end up with hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Maths assignment due today and no one around me (for now) to distract me means only one thing! WC masterplan is in full swing at the moment!

I think my bias towards certain players will either be my downfall, or my proudest moment. Lanzini is simply a player that I was dying to get since early on in the season. Love the guy for some reason, and he's buttons cheap! Same applies to Iwobi now, who is a massive risk. I think it would be better getting Lanzini in for the second round of DGW's for me to avoid another blank space in 35. But he's definitely worth having!

Team:

DDG Robles
    Bellerin Gabriel Moreno Delaney Simpson
    Sanchez Mahrez Payet Allii Coutinho
    Aguero Lukaku Martial

leaves me with 2.0 itb.

I'm thinking of DDG to either Forster or Schmeichel and Martial to Kane for GW35. Should leave me with a nice 4-4-2 formation for that. Then I might look at Lanzini, Reid and Smalling for DGW37.

Not gone on KDB. He's been playing well, but he's only back from injury still and I think I'd prefer Coutinho and Payet over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

mectavba wrote: »
    I used my WC last week a little early - I was in the final of a cup (which won me a few quid), so I took punts on Azpi and Fabregas. They play Swansea this week, so no major issues holding them, but don't fancy them v Man City in the DGW, however they do have a decent fixture in GW35. My team at present looks like this:

DDG, Robles
    Delaney, Gabriel, Azpi, Clyne, Ogbonna
    Wijnaldum, Ozil, Mahrez, Payet, Fabregas
    Aguero, Lukaku, Welbeck

That gives me:
    3 DGW 33 players
    12 DGW 34 players (will use BB)
    9 GW 35 players

I have used my transfer this week to bring in Lukaku.

I was considering taking a hit to get another DGW player this week for Azpi/Fab, but am conscious they won't play GW35.

The original plan was to move Fab for a Liverpool mf in GW34, keep Azpi, then take a hit in GW35 to bring a keeper (Mignolet most likely) and Kane for Lukaku. That would see me navigate these gameweeks only taking one hit and also with 7 DGW players already for GW 37.

I could, however, take an extra hit next week doing Azpi/Cesc > Sakho/KDB.

Any advice for me? (Please no judgments for my less than perfect planning - the filthy lucre I won last week was too tempting)
    Well if it won you some cash you played it right ;).

I'd try fit in Sanchez (Ozil & Fab out for Sanchez & a Liverpool mid). It'll be a 4 pts hit but 2 players that have a game in 35 and Sanchez potential over the double is unlimited. Or get this week and Everton mid.
    Comparing Liverpool/Everton mids, very hard to know what's best: 4 games over 2 GWs and a blank (so a possible extra -4) or 4 games over 3 GWs (a single double), no blank but a tough and key Europa League game in between.

LostArt wrote: »
    Whichever one I end up with hopefully!

Neither have played a massive amount of minutes so hopefully both will be safe enough.

Looking back, Lovren has only 2 premiership goals,both with Southampton, Sakho only has 1 premiership goal as well, back in 2013/2014.
    Fairly poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Massively productive morning for me, if I go with Lanzini instead of Payet in my wc I can get Kane and Mahrez back in for gw 35 and field 11.

Maths assignment due today and no one around me (for now) to distract me means only one thing! WC masterplan is in full swing at the moment!

I think my bias towards certain players will either be my downfall, or my proudest moment. Lanzini is simply a player that I was dying to get since early on in the season. Love the guy for some reason, and he's buttons cheap! Same applies to Iwobi now, who is a massive risk. I think it would be better getting Lanzini in for the second round of DGW's for me to avoid another blank space in 35. But he's definitely worth having!

Team:

DDG Robles
    Bellerin Gabriel Moreno Delaney Simpson
    Sanchez Mahrez Payet Allii Coutinho
    Aguero Lukaku Martial

leaves me with 2.0 itb.

I'm thinking of DDG to either Forster or Schmeichel and Martial to Kane for GW35. Should leave me with a nice 4-4-2 formation for that. Then I might look at Lanzini, Reid and Smalling for DGW37.

Not gone on KDB. He's been playing well, but he's only back from injury still and I think I'd prefer Coutinho and Payet over him.

I think Flanagan has played a bit instead of Moreno lately, haven't looked into it too much, but its probably enough for me to rule Moreno out.
    I don't think Flanagan is registered for Europa league, So Moreno will definitely play it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I think Flanagan has played a bit instead of Moreno lately, haven't looked into it too much, but its probably enough for me to rule Moreno out.
    I don't think Flanagan is registered for Europa league, So Moreno will definitely play it

Yeah I was wondering about that alright! Was Flanagan starting ahead of Monero before when Moreno was fit? Wish there was a way of checking when players were injured or not! By the way, someone mentioned already Moreno is suspended for the EL, I was hoping Flanagan would get his demanded game time there, but if he isn't registered, then that's more of a risk they'll rotate in the league.

Might just go with Sakho instead or something, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

I would expect that Flanagan will play the Stoke & Bournemouth games, with Clyne and Moreno each dropping out once - in what order I have no idea. Clyne and Moreno will then play the 2nd Leg of the EL and the derby.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »
    I would expect that Flanagan will play the Stoke & Bournemouth games, with Clyne and Moreno each dropping out once - in what order I have no idea. Clyne and Moreno will then play the 2nd Leg of the EL and the derby.

Did I read that moreno is suspended for the 2nd leg

Did I read that moreno is suspended for the 2nd leg

I do remember reading that last night, but it's incorrect. He wasn't booked last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Firmino/Coutinho and 6million striker (Deeney,Rashford, Berahino)
    or
    Milner and Martial

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Whats the best combination?

A. Rojo, Steven Taylor, Barkley
    B Darmian/Rojo, Lennon, Sakho/Lovren

Rest of the team looks like this:

Mignolet, Robles
    Bellerin, Gabriel, Simpson
    Firmino, Sanchez, Payet, Mahrez
    Lukaku, Kane, Aguero

Each selection leaves me with
    33: 3DGW
    34: 12DGW with bench boost
    35: 10 players with 2 free transfers, hopefully use one to get 11 and roll over the other
    36: 2 free transfers to get my team in shape for 37

Any other players i should consider instead?

My DGW/SGW numbers are very similar to yours. I'm also sticking with Kane/Mahrez/Simpson rather than going for 14/15 DGW34 players for the BB. At the moment mine looks like this:

Darlow / Robles
    Bellerin / Gabriel / Simpson / Sakho / Delaney
    De Bruyne / Sanchez / Payet / Mahrez / Lingard
    Lukaku / Kane / Aguero

Bit unsure about Lingard, though personally I think Mata is most likely to make way for Rooney. Don't plan on playing him this weekend anyway but still don't want to waste a transfer on him next week so might tinker a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Played my wildcard and I think I am happy with the below.

I had Zaha in for this week, but decided his return would be too little for a player who defo wont be involved in week 35, along with Lennon and Lukaku, so went conservative with Milner instead who is DGW 34 and Liverpool do have a game in 35 also.

Also i was going to go with Van Aanholt, but decided to go with Jaanmat instead as Newcastle have DGW next week. They have to keep a clean sheet at some stage. Surely???

Next week then I will be transferring out Kane for Martial who I will captain. Will move Martial straight back out for Kane then after that.

11246251_10208892129838308_2800206715452853601_n.jpg?oh=1a0395907739b50f34e8e53c69169a10&oe=57864630

70 behind top in both my money leagues, so this is my last chance. I have all my chips to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Is there anything i could do to better this team. Played the WC this week.

GK: Hennessay/Mignolet
    DEF: Lovern Clichy Coleman Bellerin Smalling
    MID: Payet Couinho Lingard Sanchez Iwobi
    ST: Aguero Lukaku Martial

Any tips would be great

Still have My TC and BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Very dependant on a Jekyll & Hyde Arsenal team. is Iwobi a guaranteed starter for the remainder of the season?

Also I do not trust anyone in the city defense to start every game, aside from Kompany who is always injured nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Otamendi will always star for City or else go with Hart, nobody knows about Iwobi, Ramsey is due back so could replace him which is a balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

Opinions please for WC choices:

A - Payet, KDB, Mitrovic

or

B - Aguero, Lanzini, Mahrez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jackwigan wrote: »

A - Payet, KDB, Mitrovic

or

A by a distance. Although I wouldn't be that comfortable going without Aguero either

Just listening to the FFS podcast. They were discussing going with Mitrovic over Martial. There's definitely an argument for it. The main points were:

- Mitrovic with an extra game
    - Mitrovic underlying stats are better in the last few games
    - Mitrovic is 1.4m which allows upgrades elsewhere
    - Newcastle have a pretty defined system: it all goes through Mitrovic. With United things aren't as clear, especially with Rooney due back at some point

Interested to know other options.
    For me it's tricky. Martials GW 34 fixtures are VERY hard to overlook. Palace and Villa at home.
    Mitrovic has City, Southampton and Liverpool which I wouldn't think were bankers for goals, tough he does have Swansea as one easier game.

For me, the money saved doesn't do a massive amount, bar 1 or 2 defensive upgrades. I have Lanzini in at the minute, but it won't allow be upgrade him to Payet (without completely destroying my defence).

Elliott hennesey
    Daniels Williams ake Gabriel Morgan
    Mahrez Alli sanchez ozil payet
    Kane lukaku aguero
    No wildcard I'm debating a - 8 this week and BB. This would involve getting in either robles mig or ddg. I'm not too concerned with having no gk for 35 as I'll be able to field 10 anyway. Any suggestions on a -8 or even a -12 to BB this week while still leaving me with at least 5 attacking players for gw35.
    I Have 1 ft and .8 in bank

jackwigan wrote: »

A - Payet, KDB, Mitrovic

or

It would be B for me, mainly for the reason already pointed out.

Think I'm running with this -

De Gea, Darlow

Bellerin Gabriel, Smalling, Sakho, Lovern

Sanchez, Coutinho, Mahrez, Bolasie, Lanzini

Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,965 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Liverpool not getting hammered last night has added another layer of complexity to the WC scenario.

I can see Firminio and Sturridge getting a lot of game time against Stoke with Coutinho being rested, and Toure coming in for Sahko/Lovern (hopefully Skrtel stays up in the stands where he can't do any damage).

As for the DGW, Liverpool will be an absolute lottery....Milner looking like a sure thing in midfield for those seeking a conservative option.

Exactly that is why I re-gigged my wildcard team and got Milner in
    Robles/Hart
    -
    Bellerin Monreal Oatamendi-Lovern- Smalling
    -
    Sanchez-Coutinho-Townsend-Milner-Lanzini
    -
    Marital-Lukaku-Aguero

But still Lovern and Coutinho are worries. I am even more worried now because I had forgotten about Toure

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Why don't you go with Sahko instead of Lovren?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

siblers wrote: »
    Winning the Europa League gives them a place in the CL.

Worth making a balls of their Premier League qualification chances though? Still an ask for them to finish Dortmund off.

Think I'm running with this -

De Gea, Darlow

Bellerin Gabriel, Smalling, Sakho, Lovern

Sanchez, Coutinho, Mahrez, Bolasie, Lanzini

Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

Looks good if Kane keeps his form and Bolaise in the humour you will be laughing.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Worth making a balls of their Premier League qualification chances though? Still an ask for them to finish Dortmund off.

That task has already been completed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

it is really worth getting Lukaku ?

That is a fair point it is only 1-1 after all.
    If Liverpool win thier games in hand they will be on 51 points.
    But I think they have too much ground to make up on the other teams as Man united and Man City have games in have one game in hand each.
    Klopp needs Liverpool need both of Man City and man city to flopp.

The knockout cup nature of the Europa League gives liverpool a better chance of CL despite the standard of the opposition.

Well he has Watford who stopped trying because they are
    safe.
    Then a place side who leak goals both in the same gameweek.

He then faces an inconsistent Southampton side and a derby match v Liverpool the following game week.

Blank gw35

He is capable of big hauls and is the focal point of the everton team.

Not only that he has leicester and sunderland away in gw37.
    By that stage leicester might already be champions and sunderland might be relegated!

It might be worth chancing it!:D

Maybe he wont be getting the huge scores everyone expects.

But he has 4 games in the next 2 gameweeks, and will be captained by a huge percentage of people this week. Games against Watford (17th in the form table) and Palace (18th in the form table), and pretty much guaranteed to play barring injury.
    He's also third top goal scorer in the prem this season, and third top forward points wise in fantasy.

You may get away without having him, but it could destroy you, if you dont have him and he has a few good games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Jaysus what am I going to do with all the spare time next week!

Mig/Robles
    Bellerin/Jevans/Sakho/Delaney/Gabriel
    Sanchez/Lennon/Payet/Coutinho/Bolasie
    Aguerro/Kane/Lukaku
    Gives me
    33 5 DGW
    34 14 DGW
    35 9 + 2 SGW
    That might do me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Silva out with an ankle injury for those who have him..expecting a haul by KDB. Pity I can't fit him in my side :(

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

This Silva injury is just another spanner in the works.
    Have bigger KdB fear now!!

Somebody convince me that current players Coutinho + Kane are better this week than KdB + Martial....

Kane going next week anyway it just means a -4 hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Wildcard week is head wrecking....team so far, any observations or critiscisms welcome :D Bench Boost being used for GW34

Mig / Robles
    bellerin / gabriel / delaney / sahko / Janmaat
    mahrez / sanchez / payet / coutinho / lingard
    aguero / kane / lukaku

0.0 ITB, going to use 2 FT for gameweek 35

Everyone seems to be going for Ozil - Sanchez, would Ozil make a nice differential or is it too risky to loose out to a big sanchez score?

Janmaat is a bit a punt, guarnteed starter and usually good for an assist here and there and a gw35 player

Other option is Kane - Mitrovic, and then use the money to upgrade coutinho to KDB

Decisions decisions :(

Pretty set on the following:

Mig - Robles

Gabriel - Lovren - Delaney - Jagielka - Smalling

Sanchez - KDB - Coutinho - Bolasie - Lanzini

Mitrovic - Lukaku - Aguero

0.4 itb

My only worry is going Mitrovic over Martial. I like it as a punt, but Martial has good games. Going with Mitrovic means I can get Smalling, which is helpful, as 2 cleanies for united wouldn't surprise me in GW34.

Anything obvious stand out to anyone?

• Advertisement

It's not really this week that we will know the situation it will be a lot clearer next week. Next week we will know if Liverpool have gone through, if city have gone through in Cl and also the results of Liverpool utd city and west ham this weekend. We could be in a situation next week of Liverpool in El semi final and a bigger gap to top 4 or Liverpool out of EL and a smaller gap to top 4. Personally I'm happy to wait and see as I've no wildcard and am happy to get them in for gw35. If I had a wildcard I wouldn't have 3 Liverpool in but would be looking at a mid for 35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Big question of whether Silva to Bolasie/Barkley is worth a -4 this week now. Firmino is another option to start this week but will he actually play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

lougal88 wrote: »
    This Silva injury is just another spanner in the works.
    Have bigger KdB fear now!!

Somebody convince me that current players Coutinho + Kane are better this week than KdB + Martial....

Kane going next week anyway it just means a -4 hit.
    With silva out id nearly do it
    Coutinho is likely to be rested IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IcedJade

So have gone with the following:

DDG--Darlow

Bellerin--Gabriel--Sakho--Delaney--Simpson

KdB--Payet--Sanchez--Lennon--Mahrez

Lukaku--Mitrovic--Aguero

Leaves me £0.4 in the bank to play with 10 for GW35. I'll get Kane/Alli back in plus either Firmino/Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

CSF wrote: »
    Big question of whether Silva to Bolasie/Barkley is worth a -4 this week now. Firmino is another option to start this week but will he actually play?

My guess is Sturridge starts up front on his own with Firmino playing 25mins off the bench.

One last question before I settle on a final WC: Darmian or Funes Mori?

Darmian = tot, AVL, PAL, LEI, nor, whm, BOU
    FunesMori = wat, pal, SOU, liv, BOU, lei, sun, NOR

I have better DEFs this week, so the spurs match doesn't bother me too much. I'm also assuming the results in the two Bournemouth matches will cancel each other out. The teams in bold are identical, but two of Utd's are at home. Everton do have an extra game, but its effectively an away game to Sunderland, so i'm leaning towards Darmian at the moment.

• Advertisement

One last question before I settle on a final WC: Darmian or Funes Mori?

Darmian = tot, AVL, PAL, LEI, nor, whm, BOU
    FunesMori = wat, pal, SOU, liv, BOU, lei, sun, NOR

I have better DEFs this week, so the spurs match doesn't bother me too much. I'm also assuming the results in the two Bournemouth matches will cancel each other out. The teams in bold are identical, but two of Utd's are at home. Everton do have an extra game, but its effectively an away game to Sunderland, so i'm leaning towards Darmian at the moment.
    Everton are rubbish at the back
    Mori also won't start all those games

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

km79 wrote: »
    With silva out id nearly do it
    Coutinho is likely to be rested IMO

Just a question of whether its wasteful...

I will more than likely try to squeeze a Liv mid back in next week for Mahrez/Lennon.

All depends how Sundays game/Thurs 2nd leg goes.

Coutinho/Firmino on the radar.
    Ill be super sickened if Coutinho starts vs Stoke and scores big.

Chances are they will be tired though right?
    Now Arnie supposed to be out, head is totally fried!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If a mod could lock this thread until I catch up with the last 10 pages, that would be great.

Every time I turn my back there's another 50 posts!!!! Aaargh

There isn't many options to give coutinho a rest. Can suspended and Henderson injured. My guess is
    Allen milner
    Firmino coutinho lallana
    Sturridge

There isn't many options to give coutinho a rest. Can suspended and Henderson injured. My guess is
    Allen milner
    Firmino coutinho lallana
    Sturridge

Yes can is suspended actually forgot that
    So maybe he will rest coutinho next weekend instead............;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement