Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

BOTRyDG.png

Any thoughts on this WC team lads?

I want to get KDB in but I don't know how without damaging the rest of the squad. I also like having Wijnaldum as a differential as well.

Another problem is it would only leave me with 7 players for GW 35 and no keeper :(

Comments appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So. I'm eyeing towards somethign along these lines.

143e4om.png

As you can see I'm £1.0m short. Keeping this team in mind I could do:
    - Mignolet -> Darlow
    - Coutinho -> Bolasie
    - Barkley -> Lennon

- several of these and get Mata (for Bolasie) in 34. If I do so, Mata is gonna cost me a(n extra) 4 pts hit for GW35. Are his GW34 fixtures worth the risk?

About the whole team.
    I know Rashford is not a great idea but he's an enabler. I don't have a good enough team value and I definitely want a United def, Bellerin, Sanchez, KDB & Aguero.
    The only player I could save cash from to allow Martial in is Payet (to Lanzini or Antonio). He's very highly owned though. That may be too big of a risk. Also, in 35, he may allow me Mahrez back in (if it's not him it could be Mata).

What do you guys think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

There isn't many options to give coutinho a rest. Can suspended and Henderson injured. My guess is
    Allen milner
    Firmino coutinho lallana
    Sturridge

I'd say thats likely and kinda puts Milner to bed as an option really.

One of Sturridge or Origi seems to be certain to start up front too lessening Firminos appeal a lot.

Coutinho seems to be the man for DGW34, with Lallana as a punt.

When Can comes back vs Everton in the second game of 34 will one of Milner or Firmino will have to give way? Or will Can come in for Allen?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »

One of Sturridge or Origi seems to be certain to start up front too lessening Firminos appeal a lot.

When Can comes back vs Everton in the second game of 34 will one of Milner or Firmino will have to give way? Or will Can come in for Allen?

I'd say can plays both the Everton and Newcastle game. Allen doesn't start one of them and one of coutinho lallana Firmino miss out the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Now I don't know who I fear more, KdB or Coutinho :eek:

Think I'll stick with Coutinho for now, get KdB in next week.
    Kane gets another week also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

FHFC wrote: »

It could be any of Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino or Sturridge/Origi TBH. I imagine Milner is safe as the midfield will be Can, Allen and Milner. That leaves 3 spots for 5 players, so it could depend on who needs a 'rest' (bunch of wusses!!)

At a pure guess I'd say Coutinho and Firmino will play. Firminos position on the field will depend on whether Lallana/Origi/Mr Glass is the 3rd attacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ashley young and Phil jones back in contention for Sunday
    Smelling looks the only option now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

BOTRyDG.png

Any thoughts on this WC team lads?

I want to get KDB in but I don't know how without damaging the rest of the squad. I also like having Wijnaldum as a differential as well.

Another problem is it would only leave me with 7 players for GW 35 and no keeper :(

Comments appreciated.

Going with Mig over DDG would give you a keeper in GW35, and you save you some £££s. Could re-invest that in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

km79 wrote: »
    Ashley young and Phil jones back in contention for Sunday
    Smelling looks the only option now

If Jones tries smelling he might injure his nose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

iroced wrote: »
    So. I'm eyeing towards somethign along these lines.

As you can see I'm £1.0m short. Keeping this team in mind I could do:
    - Mignolet -> Darlow
    - Coutinho -> Bolasie
    - Barkley -> Lennon

- several of these and get Mata (for Bolasie) in 34. If I do so, Mata is gonna cost me a(n extra) 4 pts hit for GW35. Are his GW34 fixtures worth the risk?

About the whole team.
    I know Rashford is not a great idea but he's an enabler. I don't have a good enough team value and I definitely want a United def, Bellerin, Sanchez, KDB & Aguero.
    The only player I could save cash from to allow Martial in is Payet (to Lanzini or Antonio). He's very highly owned though. That may be too big of a risk. Also, in 35, he may allow me Mahrez back in (if it's not him it could be Mata).

What do you guys think?

Do you plan on gettting Kane back at any point? If so, what's your plan? That was part of my thinking behind going with Lanzini instead of Rashford.

Edit: Also, I'd see Bolasie and Lennon as at least as good an option as Barkley, regardless of price, so I'd definitely bring one of those 2 in for Barkley.

• Advertisement

Do you plan on gettting Kane back at any point? If so, what's your plan? That was part of my thinking behind going with Lanzini instead of Rashford.

Edit: Also, I'd see Bolasie and Lennon as at least as good an option as Barkley, regardless of price, so I'd definitely bring one of those 2 in for Barkley.
    Original plan is no transfer in 34 and
    Lukaku + Payet -> Kane + Mahrez for free and a 4pts hit transfer that frees £0.5m elsewhere if needed. Either Darmian out or my Everton/Palace/United mid to Willian (ideally Pedro but I'll never have the cash for that). The latter option would allow playing the AOA! Though GW36 may be a better GW for my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It's been a long week...nearly there now.....just one last niggle...

Have 90% decided to ditch Lennon for Iwobi...a classic case of form versus fixtures.

Not convinced by Everton at all tbh (already have Coleman and Lukaku..Colkaku???)....Iwobi in solves my GW 35 problem potentially...no hits needed to field 11

Another few hours mulling over it should get my to 100% convinced :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Going with Mig over DDG would give you a keeper in GW35, and you save you some £££s. Could re-invest that in midfield.

That was in my thinking but I'd rather double up with Utd defence (2 home games against Villa and Palace) than Liverpool.

I have the Harps Cup Semi-Final GW 34 so that's my main aim.

I was thinking of bringing in Simpson for Souare which would give me another player for 35. 1 less DGW player though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Hi,
    Any opinions on this or can it be improved?

I think I may lose my mind.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cartman78 wrote: »
    It's been a long week...nearly there now.....just one last niggle...

Have 90% decided to ditch Lennon for Iwobi...a classic case of form versus fixtures.

Not convinced by Everton at all tbh (already have Coleman and Lukaku..Colkaku???)....Iwobi in solves my GW 35 problem potentially...no hits needed to field 11

Another few hours mulling over it should get my to 100% convinced :-)

I was gonnna do this but West Ham away on Saturday doesn't inspire confidence, I could bring him in for 34 I guess. Martial away to Utd too, my attacking options for 33 aren't the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Mignolet --- Robles

---Delaney -- Sakho -- Bellerin -- Gabriel -- Simpson

----Payet -- KDB -- Coutinho -- Bolasie -- Sanchez

Aguero -- Martial -- Lukaku

Only conundrum i have at the moment is whether to hold Simpson or not. With GW 35 in mind I don't really see a better 4.3 DGW alternative?? Thoughts

Will probably swap out Cout for Firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'm heading out after work now in 10 mins. So this should be my final WC team.

Robles Mignolet
    Simpson Smalling Bellerín Gabriel Moreno
    Sánchez Coutinho Payet Mahrez Wijnaldum
    Agüero Martial Lukaku

Wijnaldum is a bit of a punt, but has a double and a game in 35.

I will get Harry Kane back in for 35 for Martial or Lukaku, by downgrading Smalling. Which will give me a solid 442 for 35.

The high TV making the difference I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

What's the better option for the DGW

Payet + Ozil + Silva with + 1m in the bank

or

Coutinho + Sanchez + DeBruyne + .2m in the bank.

I'm thinking the second line-up as I'm afraid not to have Sanchez in my team for those two Arsenal games.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I'm heading out after work now in 10 mins. So this should be my final WC team.

Robles Mignolet
    Simpson Smalling Bellerín Gabriel Moreno
    Sánchez Coutinho Payet Mahrez Wijnaldum
    Agüero Martial Lukaku

Wijnaldum is a bit of a punt, but has a double and a game in 35.

I will get Harry Kane back in for 35 for Martial or Lukaku, by downgrading Smalling. Which will give me a solid 442 for 35.

The high TV making the difference I feel.

May I ask why Wijnaldum is there instead of CP/Eve? Your plan involves rolling the transfer next week perhaps. Nice squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

Mulling over whether to bring another Palace player in this week. Have Robles, Barkley & Lukaku for Everton and Delaney for Palace. Can take Navas or Ozil out for the week. Wildcard active, keeping Marhez and Ali in for bench boost next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Need help! See WC team below. I'm desperate! Plan to play Bench Boost in Gameweek 34.

Fantasy_zpsjiqqjlsn.png

Goalkeepers:
    De Gea is their on merit. Has a DGW in GW34 and need a United defender with the fixtures they have for that GW. Darlow is in my time because he is cheap and Newcastle have a DGW in GW34 and a game in GW35.

Defenders:
    I'm fácked here. Only player I am confident in is Gabriel. Need to get rid of Bennett, Simpson and Smith. But as you can see I have no cash to spend.

Midfielders:
    DeBruyne, Sanchez and Payet don't need explaining. Iwobi is a cheap option and has a double GW in GW34 and is playing in GW 35 so he is a good option. I am contemplating getting rid of Mahrez, to give me more funds for my defense, but who can I get? I'm not confident in any Crystal Palace or Everton midfielders as both teams are quite poor in an attacking sense. Mahrez is just as likely to outscore a Palace or Everton player in a SGW, even though Palace and Everton have DGW's in GW33 and GW34.

Forwards:
    Keeping Aguero and Kane no matter what. Why get rid of Kane? I don't see any reasoning behind it. In the last four GW's he has been averaging 10.75 points a game. Incredible form. Do I need Lukaku? He is an obvious captain choice for the week ahead, but I could get Martial or Mitrovic and use the extra cash for my Defense.

My Concerns:
    1) My defense is horrendous. I repeat, horrendous.
    2) Only 8 players playing in GW 35. That is including Smith.
    3) Only 10 players with DGW's in GW 34. That number should be at least 13. 14, if I decide to get rid of Mahrez.

Appreciate any opinions or criticism! Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Irish94 wrote: »
    Need help! See WC team below. I'm desperate! Plan to play Bench Boost in Gameweek 34.

Fantasy_zpsjiqqjlsn.png

Goalkeepers:
    De Gea is their on merit. Has a DGW in GW34 and need a United defender with the fixtures they have for that GW. Darlow is in my time because he is cheap and Newcastle have a DGW in GW34 and a game in GW35.

Defenders:
    I'm fácked here. Only player I am confident in is Gabriel. Need to get rid of Bennett, Simpson and Smith. But as you can see I have no cash to spend.

Midfielders:
    DeBruyne, Sanchez and Payet don't need explaining. Iwobi is a cheap option and has a double GW in GW34 and is playing in GW 35 so he is a good option. I am contemplating getting rid of Mahrez, to give me more funds for my defense, but who can I get? I'm not confident in any Crystal Palace or Everton midfielders as both teams are quite poor in an attacking sense. Mahrez is just as likely to outscore a Palace or Everton player in a SGW, even though Palace and Everton have DGW's in GW33 and GW34.

Forwards:
    Keeping Aguero and Kane no matter what. Why get rid of Kane? I don't see any reasoning behind it. In the last four GW's he has been averaging 10.75 points a game. Incredible form. Do I need Lukaku? He is an obvious captain choice for the week ahead, but I could get Martial or Mitrovic and use the extra cash for my Defense.

My Concerns:
    3) Only 10 players with DGW's in GW 34. That number should be at least 13. 14, if I decide to get rid of Mahrez.

You can't improve that defence without downgrading someone and if I were you I'd probably downgrade Kane to one of the two guys you mentioned. You can't have everyone and that defence needs improvement so concessions must be made, esp if your boosting in 34.

If your dead set on Kane maybe KDB to Coutinho?

What's the better option for the DGW

Payet + Ozil + Silva with + 1m in the bank

or

Coutinho + Sanchez + DeBruyne + .2m in the bank.

I'm thinking the second line-up as I'm afraid not to have Sanchez in my team for those two Arsenal games.
    Silva's injured (though may not be serious). So definitely your second option. And anyway, even if he was fit I'd go with the latter option.

Mignolet --- Robles

---Delaney -- Sakho -- Bellerin -- Gabriel -- Simpson

----Payet -- KDB -- Coutinho -- Bolasie -- Sanchez

Aguero -- Martial -- Lukaku

Only conundrum i have at the moment is whether to hold Simpson or not. With GW 35 in mind I don't really see a better 4.3 DGW alternative?? Thoughts

Will probably swap out Cout for Firmino
    I guess you can't fit in a United def...
    Irish94 wrote: »
    My Concerns:

How much exactly you have in the bank right now? £0m? If so, like stephen15 said, you"re gonna have to make a compromise somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is Rashford definitely an option V Martial?? Already downgraded Kane to Martial!

Is Rashford definitely an option V Martial?? Already downgraded Kane to Martial!
    To be honest I have no idea. I've seen people backing him up. But Rooney's due back. He's not supposed to be 100% fit so Rashford should feature.

Thing is, personally I've no choice, it's either Rashford and Payet or Martial & Lanzini/Antonio or downgrade a def and a mid.
    Rashford also offers me a bench spot for GW33 & 36 (if I still own him then).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

stephenl15 wrote: »
    You can't improve that defence without downgrading someone and if I were you I'd probably downgrade Kane to one of the two guys you mentioned. You can't have everyone and that defence needs improvement so concessions must be made, esp if your boosting in 34.

If your dead set on Kane maybe KDB to Coutinho?
    iroced wrote: »
    How much exactly you have in the bank right now? £0m? If so, like stephen15 said, you"re gonna have to make a compromise somewhere...

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it. I have 0.2m in the bank at the moment. You guys are right. I'm going to have to downgrade Mahrez/Kane. I'm leaning towards Mahrez. If I get in Lingard, instead of him, then I will have 2.5m to spend on my defense. Or is their a better option than Lingard, perhaps?

What defenders would you recommend? Evans/Sakho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Final final final version attached...nowhere near what I'd envisaged starting off but I think we've all been on a special journey this week ;-)

Last changes were:
    Lennon to Iwobi;
    Moreno to Lovern - I would urge anyone still considering Moreno to Google "Moreno brainless tackle Dortmund"

Anyway thanks for all the feedback and good luck to everyone except the fella 8 points behind me in my work league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,283 ✭✭✭COH

Whats the consensus on Coutinho V Firmino???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

IcedJade wrote: »
    So have gone with the following:

DDG--Darlow

Bellerin--Gabriel--Sakho--Delaney--Simpson

KdB--Payet--Sanchez--Lennon--Mahrez

Lukaku--Mitrovic--Aguero

Leaves me £0.4 in the bank to play with 10 for GW35. I'll get Kane/Alli back in plus either Firmino/Coutinho.

That team is impossible? 5million too much?

I honestly cannot see how people are making these teams, I'm being left between 5-8m out exactly copying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,283 ✭✭✭COH

I honestly cannot see how people are making these teams, I'm being left between 5-8m out exactly copying

Everyone has different team value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

De Gea Robles

Sakho Clyne Koscielny Gabriel S. Taylor

Barkely Mahrez Sanchez Countinho Lanzini

Aguero Lukaku Kane

The plan is to De Gea - Hart and Lanzini - Drinkwater to get 11 for Week 35

A lot of the people in here are buying and selling at the right moment throughout the season. It's quite easy to make those teams if you have been paying attention to price changes. I wouldn't have a huge team value compared to some and I've bought certain players quite late into their price rises like mahrez and ozil . My current front 8 is sanchez ozil payet mahrez alli lukaku kane aguero

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

De Gea Robles

Sakho Clyne Koscielny Gabriel S. Taylor

Barkely Mahrez Sanchez Countinho Lanzini

Aguero Lukaku Kane

The plan is to De Gea - Hart and Lanzini - Drinkwater to get 11 for Week 35

I'd just get hart now and safe yourself the hassle or stick with ddg though his gw35 blank. Or alternatively I'd get cech and get a different defender than kosceilny maybe a man utd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

WILDCARD B!TCHES, YEEEEEEHAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

its-always-sunny-charlie-wildcard-b.gif
    (obligatory gif included)

Don't suppose anyone wants to lend me about 4.0? :)

Opinions on Iwobi? Will he continue to play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't know who to start this week from the following:

Gab Bellerin Cresswell Jagielka Janmaat

Jags and Bellerin are definites. Arsenal have the best odds for a clean sheet but would it be foolish doubling up in a such a tricky away game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Don't know who to start this week from the following:

Gab Bellerin Cresswell Jagielka Janmaat

Jags and Bellerin are definites. Arsenal have the best odds for a clean sheet but would it be foolish doubling up in a such a tricky away game?

Mate, away to West Ham is a tricky game for us. I know we've been more solid recently but I don't fancy out chances of a cleanie tomorrow. Gabriel does seem your best option though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Another draft:

Cech Robles
    Gabriel Darmian Jagielka Ward Sakho
    Bolasie Payet Mahrez Sanchez KDB
    Aguero Lukaku Martial

5 doublers this week.
    14 doublers in GW34.
    7 players in 35 (2 transfers between now and then)
    0.8 banked.

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

COH wrote:
    Whats the consensus on Coutinho V Firmino???

Coutinho for now i think

• Advertisement

Mignolet - Darlow
    Gabriel - Ollson - Delaney - Rojo - Simpson
    Mahrez - Sanchez - Bolasie - Lanzini - Barkley
    Aguero - Mitrovic - Lukaku

Thats me after my wildcard atm... leaves me with:

GW33 - 4 DGW's
    GW34 - 13 DGW's for my bench boost
    GW35 - 8 players (with 2 free transfers banked to get Kane and Alli back in which would bring me up to 9 players)

Honest opinions?

This so reliant on Gabriel starting.. is he guaranteed?

keano_afc wrote: »
    Mate, away to West Ham is a tricky game for us. I know we've been more solid recently but I don't fancy out chances of a cleanie tomorrow. Gabriel does seem your best option though.

Ya I didn't plan well for this week defence wise. Regret going for Janmaat over Sakho now.

Ya I didn't plan well for this week defence wise. Regret going for Janmaat over Sakho now.

Could Sahko be rested though? Thats crucial, im reluctant to put in Liverpool players.
    Actually in my case its worth taking the chance, as its Sahko or Ollson and Ollson plays away to Arsenal one of his double games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Guys I cannot make a call between holding on to Alli, and getting in Lennon for the next 2 GWs.
    What is persuading me to hold Alli is that I am playing my main H2H rival in GW 35 so need a good team, but 2 doubles v 2 singles seems a no brainer :confused::confused:

Guys I cannot make a call between holding on to Alli, and getting in Lennon for the next 2 GWs.
    What is persuading me to hold Alli is that I am playing my main H2H rival in GW 35 so need a good team, but 2 doubles v 2 singles seems a no brainer :confused::confused:

Is Lennon a guaranteed starter either though? Mirallas coming back, Deulefeu?

Could Sahko be rested though? Thats crucial, im reluctant to put in Liverpool players.
    Actually in my case its worth taking the chance, as its Sahko or Ollson and Ollson plays away to Arsenal one of his double games

You'd think that the CBs would be the least likely to be rested though? He's probably worth the risk alright. I'm tempted just to take a hit to get Dann in at this stage. It would give me some peace of mind at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I think I have actually lost my mind :)

mickmccarthytea.gif

You'd think that the CBs would be the least likely to be rested though? He's probably worth the risk alright. I'm tempted just to take a hit to get Dann in at this stage. It would give me some peace of mind at least!

Im worried about being able to get Kane and Alli back for 35 and to have the funds for an able triple captain for 37.. so dont wana break the bank on Dann, I have Delaney atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

382679.PNG

Could someone fill in the blanks?? Head is melted here!

Selling Kane makes life easy but I think its not a good decision to sell him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Looking for opinions please, finished in top 1k last year but am languishing around 100k at the moment as well as struggling in the FSA premier league so need a big boost over the next couple of weeks. Wildcard team:
    Mignolet - Robles
    Gabriel-Darmian-Delaney-Bellerin-Evans
    Lennon-Payet-Mahrez-Sanchez-KDB
    Aguero-Lukaku-Mitrovic

Advertisement