Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Dempsey wrote: »
    382679.PNG

Could someone fill in the blanks?? Head is melted here!

Selling Kane makes life easy but I think its not a good decision to sell him

Rojo?
    Keep Mahrez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Is Lennon a guaranteed starter either though? Mirallas coming back, Deulefeu?

Thanks - yeah, that's a good point, especially with 4 games in quick succession rotation is likely. Might stick with Deli :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

L.S.F wrote: »
    Mulling over whether to bring another Palace player in this week. Have Robles, Barkley & Lukaku for Everton and Delaney for Palace. Can take Navas or Ozil out for the week. Wildcard active, keeping Marhez and Ali in for bench boost next week.

I've been pulling my hair out all week and there is just no way to have 2 palace and 3 Everton this week and still field 11 in GW 35. I want to have at least 1 untied Attacker for DGW34 (martial) and I want to keep Payet for the season.
    I am going to drop my Palace defender (Delaney) and bring back in Simpson. I'll field Bolasie this week along with 3 Everton and then switch Bolasie to KDB for DGW34.
    This means i will only be able to have 14 DGW players in 34 but with Palace's fixtures in that GW I think Simpson would probably outscore Delaney x 2 anyway. I'll be better set up for GW35 and beyond this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I think I'm going to be the only one without Sanchez for GW34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

spock. wrote: »
    I think I'm going to be the only one without Sanchez for GW34

You will not be alone my friend. I'm still all in on Mesut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Right, wc played. Now I have:
    Mig Robles

Lovren delaney bellerin smalling simpson

Payet kdb Sanchez Countinho iwobi

Aguero Lukaku Kane

Only 0.3 left in the bank though.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

I have my team all but set (finally!). I want Man U defensive cover but I can't find a good goalie mix including DDG. Is Darmian the safest option outside of Smalling (who I can't afford!)

Okay I think I've finally settled on my team....

Mignolet - Darlow
    Gabriel - Sahko - Delaney - Rojo - Simpson
    Mahrez - Sanchez - Bolasie - Lanzini - Barkley
    Aguero - Martial - Lukaku

Wildcard played.

GW 33 - 4 DGW players.
    GW 34 - 14 DGW players with bench boost.
    GW 35 - 2 free transfers to bring back Kane and Alli for a home game versus WBA to get me to 9 players for that week.

This is all reliant on Gabriel continuing to play ahead of Mertesacker, Sahko not being rested and no injuries.

Im currently 24 points behind in my league, this needs to take me infront and hopefully hang on with my triple captain and all out attack to be used yet.

Can any of ye spot any problems? Ie is Rojo guaranteed a start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

AOA in operation this week

Henny

Morgan V Dyik

Ozil Marhez Alli Barkey Zaha

Kun Kane Luk

WC for next week,Zaha is a big one week punt,nothing to loose at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Rojo?
    Keep Mahrez?

Keep Alli or get Lennon, Sakho and Gabriel in for 9m, KDB in for 10.3. Job done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Going with this, seems strong enough for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Steven81 wrote: »
    Keep Alli or get Lennon, Sakho and Gabriel in for 9m, KDB in for 10.3. Job done

Bring on the wine!! :pac:

Lads hold up, is Lingaard at 4.3 a good shout???

Lads hold up, is Lingaard at 4.3 a good shout???

Daley Blind has more points than him....let that sink in for a minute :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mignolet - Darlow

Wildcard played.

GW 33 - 4 DGW players.
    GW 35 - 2 free transfers to bring back Kane and Alli for a home game versus WBA to get me to 9 players for that week.

This is all reliant on Gabriel continuing to play ahead of Mertesacker, Sahko not being rested and no injuries.

Im currently 24 points behind in my league, this needs to take me infront and hopefully hang on with my triple captain and all out attack to be used yet.

Rojo was hauled at halftime at the weekend. Had a terrible game. Word has it United want to cut their losses this Summer.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Rojo was hauled at halftime at the weekend. Had a terrible game. Word has it United want to cut their losses this Summer.

Could change Bolasie to Zaha and Rojo to Darmian just to be safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Robles - Darlow
    Bellerin - Smalling - Delaney - Sakho - Gabriel
    Sanchez - Coutinho - KDB - Lennon - Bolasie
    Aguero - Lukaku - Rashford

0.3 ITB

GW34: Bolasie -> Townsend
    GW35: Get PVA
    GW36: ?????
    GW37: Profit

8YNoj.jpg

Robles - Darlow
    Bellerin - Smalling - Delaney - Sakho - Gabriel
    Sanchez - Coutinho - KDB - Lennon - Bolasie
    Aguero - Lukaku - Rashford

0.3 ITB

GW34: Bolasie -> Townsend
    GW35: Get PVA
    GW36: ?????
    GW37: Profit

8YNoj.jpg

You are having no Kane or Alli for GW35 home to WBA and Rooney due back on April 17th, so Rashford will be dropped as soon as hes back you would imagine, risky

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

26313659925_c432eeea52.jpg
    WC activated. 0.2 in the bank. Any advice appreciated.

Omeceron wrote: »
    26313659925_c432eeea52.jpg
    WC activated. 0.2 in the bank. Any advice appreciated.

Your worries are Liverpool rotation has to be nearly guaranteed, and they look like they may progress v Dortmund. Everton 4 games in quick succession Lennon has good competition from Mirallas and Deleofeu too.

Is Iwobi guaranteed his start for the next 3-4 weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Lennon or Bolasie?

Mignolet - Darlow

Wildcard played.

GW 33 - 4 DGW players.

Christ im nearly changing the whole thing again, this is head wrecking

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Thinking Payet out for Lanzini to accommodate KdB. Is this madness?!

OMG.

Ive just realised. Nasri is back. At 6.7???

Is this a crazy buy? Silva and Sterling injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

ya know Kane to sturridge and then lukaku back to Kane is beginning to appeal to me way too !much for 34\35

Christ im nearly changing the whole thing again, this is head wrecking

Rojo & Gabriel have the potential to wreck your head.

Both are rotation risks. Get a nailed on starter for one of them

Some crucial questions...

Is Taylor going to play for Newcastle now?
    Is Iwobi going to keep his place for 2-3 games?
    Will Sahko be rested?
    Is Gabriel a guaranteed starter?

Basically can someone try their best to answer these for me pleassseeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I've now got

Mignolet De Gea

Delaney Huth Bellerin Gabriel Evans

Barkley Payet Sanchez Mahrez Lanzini

Aguero Kane Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

The panic in this thread is weirdly soothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's like cramming for an exam. Not that I know what that is like. Model student me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I know I've screwed it all up. ALL OF IT!!!!!! :)

But I don't care anymore. All I can see is a Palace on fire from the flames of Kevin Mirallas' explosion while Payet feasts on the tears of those smart enough to keep our wildcards until now and not get him.
    But I don't care!

I have Aaron Lennon, Delaney, Sakho and a plan to swap Bolasie with the Spacecraft Experience. Oh and this thing called a Darlow?!

But I'm not panicking that I trust in Gabriel to keep his place for the next month or that Smalling, Sanchez, Coutinho, KDB and Aguero won't all get injured because they never get injured.

But I don't care.

It's not like the majority will pull further away by holding all their inform Leicester and Spurs players is it? IS IT?!!!

I think I need another cup of Mick's tea :)

:eek:

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It's like cramming for an exam. Not that I know what that is like. Model student me.

Even then, the uncertainty makes it bonkers. Like, you can rationalise your choices all day long but that won't do anything if, for example, Kane scores a hat-trick and Martial falls over and hurts himself.

I have quite a high-value team, but doesn't mean I won't be beaten by someone with Iwobi and Lennon. Tis madness.

Im sticking to my original... tried to fit ozil in by also playing iwobi and taylor.. not worth the risk i think

Im sticking to my original... tried to fit ozil in by also playing iwobi and taylor.. not worth the risk i think

I cant believe it but I've changed again... going for an all out assault on GW 33 and GW 34 (bench boost) with the attackers, if it backfires I'm goosed.

Mignolet - Darlow
    Gabriel - Sahko - Delaney - Darmian - Simpson
    Ozil - Sanchez - Zaha - Lingard - Barkley

GW 33 - 4 double players.
    GW 34 - 14 double players with bench boost, if they all play. Praying for no rotation of Gabriel, Sahko or Lingard. The rest are very safe i'd say.
    GW 35 - 7 of them 15 have a game and with my free transfers I'll be transferring in Kane for Martial and Drinkwater for Barkley to make 9. Again praying to the heavens that Gabriel and Sahko arent rested/rotated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'm done. A whole week of price checking and swapping scores of players is over. I'm away to a wedding in Bangor at 8am in the morning and I won't be checking.

It's been fun. Appreciate all the advice, teams and change suggestions. To all that played the WC this week, bon chance. It's only a game after all*

*I don't mean that. It's more than a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Some crucial questions...

1 Is Taylor going to play for Newcastle now?
    2 Is Iwobi going to keep his place for 2-3 games?
    3 Will Sahko be rested?
    4 Is Gabriel a guaranteed starter?

Basically can someone try their best to answer these for me pleassseeee

1 Probably not. Coin toss between him and Lascelles according to Dinnery and Colocinni also nearing fitness.

2 Dodgy. Place should be his to lose bur Ramsey and soon Wilshire returning and will surely get games. Not to mention Theo

3. No indication but ge is first choice and CBs probably safer than most. I have him

4. Seems very secure having always started ahead of Mert any time all 3 cbs were available for several months now. See below.

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/714469617935233024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

5 Everton players in the Top 5 spots on fplstatistics and all of them are over 100% to go up tonight. Would that be any sort of record?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

People on wildcard going without a United defender. I think you should strongly reconsider and try to squeeze DDG, Smalling or maybe even Darmian in. The chances of a double CS in 34 is extremely high and at this stage of the season, those 12 extra points, while not guaranteed are as likely as you'll see all season, and at this stage I think it has to justify the extra spend. I was dead set on Mig Robles combo, but the more I thought about it, the more silly it seemed to go without a Utd defender and worked around to get DDG for nailed onness in the expectation of 12 pts. Too late in the season to be turning down those odds of a 12 pointer for the sake of 1m :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Firmino or Coutinho? Or neither?

Definitely need a Liverpool attacking mid.

Torricelli wrote: »
    Firmino or Coutinho? Or neither?

Definitely need a Liverpool attacking mid.

I have neither, hoping they dilute each others returns :P Firmly aboard the KDB train

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

stephenl15 wrote: »
    People on wildcard going without a United defender. I think you should strongly reconsider and try to squeeze DDG, Smalling or maybe even Darmian in. The chances of a double CS in 34 is extremely high and at this stage of the season, those 12 extra points, while not guaranteed are as likely as you'll see all season, and at this stage I think it has to justify the extra spend. I was dead set on Mig Robles combo, but the more I thought about it, the more silly it seemed to go without a Utd defender and worked around to get DDG for nailed onness in the expectation of 12 pts. Too late in the season to be turning down those odds of a 12 pointer for the sake of 1m :P

Since the DGW fixtures were announced, I really wanted that double United defence. Don't think it's possible now with my team.

My theory behind the United/Liverpool GK/defender situation is that you can save roughly 1M by having De Gea in goals over Mignolet and have a Liverpool player instead of Smalling. That would mean you'd have to transfer out DDG for GW35 assuming Robles is in goals, but I think it's worth it if one is strapped for cash.

Since the DGW fixtures were announced, I really wanted that double United defence. Don't think it's possible now with my team.

My theory behind the United/Liverpool GK/defender situation is that you can save roughly 1M by having De Gea in goals over Mignolet and have a Liverpool player instead of Smalling. That would mean you'd have to transfer out DDG for GW35 assuming Robles is in goals, but I think it's worth it if one is strapped for cash.

Went with Darlow in goals as with Robles I'd have no 35 keeper, and got in Jags at the back for Gabriel to keep an Everton def in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭saram

stephenl15 wrote: »

Does Rojo count I wonder..

saram wrote: »
    Does Rojo count I wonder..

Yeah you would hope so but I didn't wanna take any risks, rarely gets 90 for one reason or another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

WC done- i'll hate and miss now having it now :eek:
    No Man U def but gives me big hitting frontlines

Mig Rob
    Delaney Evans Sakho Ward Gabriel
    De Bruyne Sanchez Coutinho Payet Bolaise
    Aguero Kane Lukaku

gw 33- 5 dgw
    gw 34- 14 bb +kane (Delaney/ward= saylor)
    gw 35- 10 + (simpson or Iwobi in if keeps place)

gw 37- 5 dgw before any transfers

skippy15 wrote: »
    WC done- i'll hate and miss now having it now :eek:
    No Man U def but gives me big hitting frontlines

Mig Rob
    Delaney Evans Sakho Ward Gabriel
    De Bruyne Sanchez Coutinho Payet Bolaise
    Aguero Kane Lukaku

gw 33- 5 dgw
    gw 34- 14 bb +kane (Delaney/ward= saylor)
    gw 35- 10 + (simpson or Iwobi in if keeps place)

gw 37- 5 dgw before any transfers
    I'd downgrade Bolaise and upgrade Jevans to a Utd defender, but that's your call! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

I'd downgrade Bolaise and upgrade Jevans to a Utd defender, but that's your call! :)

Ye toyed with Iwobi instead Bolaise- to allow Evans or other to - Man U
    other than De gea/Smalling still uncertainty over places and no gw in 35 and iwobi may be shifted. So in end went for certainty of starters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Aguaro dropped for giroud ..... Madness probably but boom or bust time

Definitely do not do this. Welbeck is ahead of Giroud in the pecking order. If you're gonna do it, get Welbeck, but my advice would be to keep Kun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Why not try Pelle?Giroud prob be on the bench

• Advertisement
Advertisement