Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/FFScout/status/720961166823026688

LVG on rotation: “Yes, yes, I think so. I have to. It’s also better for the players but we wait and see if I do that tomorrow or Palace”.

You have to laugh!!

Smalling being rested for a game would be quite funny!! :)
    It's actually why I'm still considering fosu mensah
    I think it's a possibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With Siilva out I'm hoping my punt on Nasri gets me at 120mins over the two games. Hopefully KDB sits out second game and Nasri starts that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

I've bench boost active for this weekend and sorted out the bench with free transfers the last couple of weeks but I'll take -4 hit on Lakaku but I've no clue who to put in his place, any Ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    With Siilva out I'm hoping my punt on Nasri gets me at 120mins over the two games. Hopefully KDB sits out second game and Nasri starts that.

I doubt KdB starts both anyway.

Still can't quite commit to Nasri though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Having used my two free transfers already Lukuku doubtful is now a headache

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I doubt KdB starts both anyway.

Still can't quite commit to Nasri though.

Must admit I'm pretty nervous on it but its done now so shall see how it works out. Martial is another one to be twitchy over now as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

**** sake LVG...why couldn't you have said you're considering rotation before I made the move of Lukaku to Martial :( considering taking a -4 to bring in DDG too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I don't think Martial will be rotated. Martial, DDG and Smalling are the only real safe choices(hopefully).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Cheeky punt on Kone anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Just realised my bench is awful - 3 mega awesome Crystal Palace defenders notwithstanding. Triple Captain so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is a 12 point hit worth it? Advice on below team please :/

11lon82.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

United have Aston Villa coming up. He'll probably mix it up altogether. Darmian could be given a chance to reprove himself for all we know. Be a good game for Rooney to get a good run out too. Make your picks and then try get it off your mind. It's all calculated hope.

dsmythy wrote: »
    United have Aston Villa coming up. He'll probably mix it up altogether. Darmian could be given a chance to reprove himself for all we know. Be a good game for Rooney to get a good run out too. Make your picks and then try get it off your mind. It's all calculated hope.

Rooney is not starting tomorrow
    LVG said he hopes to give him a run but it depends on how the game is going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

https://twitter.com/FFScout/status/720961166823026688

LVG on rotation: “Yes, yes, I think so. I have to. It’s also better for the players but we wait and see if I do that tomorrow or Palace”.

You have to laugh!!

Smalling being rested for a game would be quite funny!! :)

Ah Jayus, and there I was considering Smalling a safe captain option...

Because LVG always used to say:
    "The Captain always plays" See below:
    http://www.football365.com/news/van-gaal-rooney-is-captain-so-will-always-play

As Smalling is now the captain in waiting I am pinning my hopes on him.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3215589/Manchester-United-defender-Chris-Smalling-eyes-captain-s-armband-named-unofficial-captain-Louis-van-Gaal.html]

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I agree there has been a lot of unexpected things happen.
    A lot of non wildcarders also took point hits to get in those players that are now injured or doubts.
    What I'd take from the whole thing is that perhaps we all plan too much. I know I do and of course planning is important but we are sacrificing points in the short term for the hope of a big boost in one gw. In hindsight 8 good DGW players is probably enough ye you may lose some ground in 34 but I reckon your overall score would be higher come the end of the season which is what counts.

Couldn't agree with this more. Last year I ruined my season with a poor January wildcard by being too clever and taking Kane out for Pelle who had great fixtures. It finished my season.

This year we've all gone for the holy grail of 14/15 DGWers. Next year I'll just be keeping my WC for the actual week of the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 aomh

Have a wc, was thinking of 3 arsenal mid and maybe 2 United fowards. What does people think.
    Plus, if I wc this week, can I bb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

aomh wrote: »
    Have a wc, was thinking of 3 arsenal mid and maybe 2 United fowards. What does people think.
    Plus, if I wc this week, can I bb

No, you can't.

That's why most of FSA used their wildcard last week.

Didn't work as expected, unfortunately.

If you do it, try to set a team where you would have loads of dgw players, but still 15 to play week after (doable).

Bench boost next week, where most folks will struggle to get 11.

Or wait for another double in gw37.

In fairness there is no extra benefit in BB chip unless you have more than 11 DGW players. My bench is strong enough and I am going to use it this week.

The first idea with bb next week makes sense to me (only if i had wildcard available to me :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    This year we've all gone for the holy grail of 14/15 DGWers. Next year I'll just be keeping my WC for the actual week of the double.
    Not sure it'll have been of much more help this year. With the amount of premium players injuries/doubts/rotations who would you have picked anyway.

I'm half tempted to get back in Kane, Mahrez & Simpson. DGW34 is gonna be a flop anyway whatever I do. My WC team is litteraly decimated (I never ever experienced such a situation in 5 years playing the game).

Darmian, Sakho, Gabriel
    Coutinho, KDB
    Lukaku, Rashford, Aguero

So I'm gonna rely now on Delaney & Bolasie :rolleyes:, Payet, Sanchez & Bellerin whom everyone owns and Robles & Mignolet.

I just have no idea whatsoever what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

KDB's stats: 16 goals 16 assists in 39 games (2900 minutes) Having been out through injury I reckon he'll play both games this GW to keep him match fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

On. Wildcard.😀
    Gone with

..................Mignolet
    Fosu-Mensah...Bellerin... Evans
    Sanchez...Ozil...KDB...Payet
    ..Aguero..Kane..Rashford

Subs: Darlow, Alderweirald, Huth & Mahrez

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on this squad ?

dKcPb6v.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Just played triple captain on bellerin. Aguero or smalling other captain options. Will there be a better week?

Any thoughts on this squad ?

dKcPb6v.jpg

Mertesacker is "expected" to play ahead of Gabriel.But I don't know who you can replace him for in that price bracket...

I'm confident that Gabriel will start.

I really hope you're right because he's one of my many (more than 50% of my team :() GW33 WC doubts.

I quite like your team. Coutinho & KDB may not play as much as I'd like but I have other more pressing concerns...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Took out Lukaku Sakho & Bolasie for Sturridge, Andros & Fosu.

Major concerns over KDB Gabriel & Coutinho...Please god they get alot of minutes, bench boost a failure otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think he will too. Palace have a lot of pace in attack and mert turns like a bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Deco99 wrote: »
    Just played triple captain on bellerin. Aguero or smalling other captain options. Will there be a better week?

I've had the TC on Bellerin since Thursday, I just have a feeling he could be heavily involved and strong possibility of 2 clean sheets.
    I'm torn now though, my head tells me I'm mad to use TC on a defender.
    I need to make a move in my league though so I think I'll go with the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Just had a quick look through a random sample of teams in my leagues.....seems to be absolute carnage on the face of it...lots of people clearly didn't know you can't WC and BB in the same week, loads of 12-16 point hits on risky players and have never seen so many odd transfers eg. Antonio to Blind, Vardy to Carroll etc.

Is this the day when all the blood,sweat and tears I'm this godforsaken thread start to pay dividends???

Or more likely, the day that Daley Blind scores an unassisted hattrick against Villa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Absolute carnage is a good way of describing it. Having gone into this game week thinking all was lost, I reckon I'll actually make a lot of ground on my league leader, who hasn't used either WC or BB for some reason...

EDIT: Ah, he used BB back in January. Must be saving the wildcard for GW37 then.

So DGW 37
    Chelsea- poor form, players dont seem to care, rotating the squad
    Liverpool- europa lge sf 3 days before, rotating squad
    Utd - cant score goals, good defence but only ddg and smalling playing regularly
    Watford- safe in the league could be in a cup final
    west ham- could be a good option
    Norwich- cant see myself being interested in them
    sunderland- relegation battle as with norwich however pva and defoe are interesting me
    everton- poor form, crowd have turned on the manager, poor defensively, ill probably stick with lukaku though

I reckon 6 dgwers will do me. I currently have fosu mensah ake lukaku and payet. I think ill add ddg or smalling and pva or defoe and maybe a liverpool player and that will be it.

So DGW 37
    Chelsea- poor form, players dont seem to care, rotating the squad
    Liverpool- europa lge sf 3 days before, rotating squad
    Utd - cant score goals, good defence but only ddg and smalling playing regularly
    Watford- safe in the league could be in a cup final
    west ham- could be a good option
    Norwich- cant see myself being interested in them
    sunderland- relegation battle as with norwich however pva and defoe are interesting me
    everton- poor form, crowd have turned on the manager, poor defensively, ill probably stick with lukaku though

I reckon 6 dgwers will do me. I currently have fosu mensah ake lukaku and payet. I think ill add ddg or smalling and pva or defoe and maybe a liverpool player and that will be it.

have Adrian smalling payet
    also have martial but will most likely sell him
    will NOT be getting lukaku back
    if sland are still alive will prob get PVA and defoe
    costa may be an option for some

What you say? DGW37?

Mignolet Gomes TC :pac:
    Fuchs Alder Smalling
    Alli Mahrez Payet KDB/Sanchez
    Kane Agüero Vardy (Sturridge? Defoe?)

km79 wrote: »
    lukaku to get a brace in 36 against bournemouth and you willl crack;)

km79 wrote: »

Have 7 atm and probably won't increase that.

Robles maybe to DDG, Mignolet stays. ( or vice versa)
    Sahko to PVA
    Fosu Mensah stays
    Cresswell and Payet stay.
    Sturridge we'll see how the minutes go.

• Advertisement

If liverpool get to the europa lge final its 3 days after gw 38. Expect none of your liverpool players playing in gw38 if they make the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Will have 4 when I transfer Martial to Kane this week - Mignolet, Sakho, Milner and Payet.

Probably bring in Smalling, Lanzini and one more for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

If liverpool get to the europa lge final its 3 days after gw 38. Expect none of your liverpool players playing in gw38 if they make the final.

Had noticed that too. 15 DGWers for GW37 may not be the way to go for me now. Will let the dust settle on this GW before I construct a plan. WCing into GW37 after a BB in 36 could be an option. FA cup finalists and first legs in Europe info before the start of GW36 and OR/ML lead will factor in obviously.

Despite all the complaining dgw34 seems to have been an undoubted success for the majority of wildcarders.

Despite all the complaining dgw34 seems to have been an undoubted success for the majority of wildcarders.

It seems to have gone either really well or pretty disastrous, it's the later for me unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

106 with 4 to play is a monumental disaster. It looks like this is going to cost me €500 quid in the Boards Pay League barring a minor miracle.

I thought these chips were supposed to be fun. :(

siblers wrote: »
    It seems to have gone either really well or pretty disastrous, it's the later for me unfortunately.

I'm going by lads that have posted on here and scores of lads I've checked in paid leagues. The picture will become clearer when the rankings update. But I'm expecting big drops in OR and in the leagues I'm in with people that know what they are doing. What score are you on yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

96 pts atm with Sanchez (C), Ozil and Gabriel to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Sahko goal was absolutely massive for me. I had the misfortune of a Delaney own goal

I'm going by lads that have posted on here and scores of lads I've checked in paid leagues. The picture will become clearer when the rankings update. But I'm expecting big drops in OR and in the leagues I'm in with people that know what they are doing. What score are you on yourself.

I'm on 99 with Ozil(c) and Gabriel left, an Ozil brace tomorrow will salvage my gameweek, had I captained Aguero, I'd be in a pretty reasonable situation, I've been unlucky (like many others on here) with rotation etc but I also made some pretty questionable decisions.

Depends what you call "success". I won't be satisfied with a marginal green arrow. I had the double advantage of a WC and a 30 players DGW. I picked my players wrong, I got a huge amount of misfortune, PL results did not go my way overall... whatever I'm currently far (between 30-40 pts) away from what I could have gotten had this GW just gone "normal".
    You're just a tiny bit below top 10k average so you should not drop that much OR. You kinda experienced both ends of fortune this DGW between Spacecraft unreal return and the injuries/rotations that stung you.

Wrong thread...

Dropping Darmian for Fosu Mensah for - 4 hurts like biatch. Still, 111 with Gabriel, Iwobi and Sanchez (c) to go is a great score in anyone's books.

People in my pay leagues breaking 140 with no chips played, though.

Edit : apologies, he played BB, and only got 10 pts from the 4 benched players

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Really hope Gabriel gets a start tomorrow. Big differential for me

iroced wrote: »
    Depends what you call "success". I won't be satisfied with a marginal green arrow. I had the double advantage of a WC and a 30 players DGW. I picked my players wrong, I got a huge amount of misfortune, PL results did not go my way overall... whatever I'm currently far (between 30-40 pts) away from what I could have gotten had this GW just gone "normal".

You're just a tiny bit below top 10k average so you should not drop that much OR. You kinda experienced both ends of fortune this DGW between Spacecraft unreal return and the injuries/rotations that stung you.

I dropped from 4.5k to 9k last night. The most damage down in the harps and boards pay league which i's full of lads in the know. Most wildcarders including yourself are 30 points up on me some up to 50 pts. The wildcard has been a success. I'm not sure what you were expecting out of it you have more than matched the returns of most scores I've seen and hAve gained 30 pts on loads of non wildcarders . Things could change again tonight as I've tc sanchez and ozil but as of now it's been very costly. I got my boost from a previous wildcard and have to hope I can come out the right side of it the week I bb now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement