Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Wow just checked that there gw 37. A league game sat ,Tues, fri, sun. It was in 2006 I wasn't playing this version of the game that year. It's come close to happening a couple of times recently.

Thats why its a bit odd to me that they didn't do the Liverpool and Man City dgws in 25 when they had the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

FHFC wrote: »
    Thats why its a bit odd to me that they didn't do the Liverpool and Man City dgws in 25 when they had the chance.

Where would you have fitted the extra Liverpool game in that week? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

arsenal level at half time in the cup.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

km79 wrote: »
    arsenal level at half time in the cup.....

Any theories on when an Arsenal replay might be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

0-0 ft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FT Arsenal have a replay.

Now... what does that mean? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Another fixture to jam in for arsneal!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Cat, meet pigeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

8 or 9th March only chance its the midweek before the next round. Hull currently have a league game then though.

My head hurts
    Steve Bruce said its Tuesday March 8th
    Alan Pardew also said the same if palace draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

8 or 9th March only chance its the midweek before the next round. Hull currently have a league game then though.

Think I read a season or two ago that FA Cup takes prededence over league ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Jeff Stelling speculated that it might have to be played the same day as 6th round ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Spare a thought for the fella with the Excel sheet

With WBA out that means we don't know if Arsenal have a blank till after that replay. If they lose to Hull thats an unexpected extra GW30 match but we won't know till a few days before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Watford v West Ham GW30 postponed

Hoping for an Everton win !
    Really really hope it's not a draw or it will make planning impossible

km79 wrote: »
    Hoping for an Everton win !
    Really really hope it's not a draw or it will make planning impossible

Chances are this being game which decides a team which will have a game in 30 it will almost certainly be a draw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A huge downside of Fantasy Premier League is the amount of weight that goes in to DGW's.

Unfortunately it's not possible to have 38 GW's with every team playing once per game week as that would be the fairest and most ideal scenario.

I'm usually on the other side of the fence in situations where those who plan a lot don't get their rewards, but it's a bit unfair on the more "casual" players the amount of planning that's going to be needed to successfully negotiate the DGW's this year especially.

I put a lot of time into the game myself, but yet admittedly have little to no idea how to approach those DGW's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

2-0 Everton now, Boss Rarkley and Rom with the goals. I'm loath to jinx it but I think that might be that replay worry safely passed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Bournemouth - Swansea is our 3rd gameweek 30 fixture.

Lovely that's another 2 players. A lot of the early wildcarders have a Bournemouth and Swansea defender.

Lovely that's another 2 players. A lot of the early wildcarders have a Bournemouth and Swansea defender.

Yes we do and I shall be welcoming back a certain Icelandic boyo too hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Yeah the missed pen was a dagger to me. Advantage early WCs, As it stands now I have Butland and Vardez only guaranteed for GW30 and 2 FTs.:(

Will be interesting to see what happens in terms of replay date because in theory if Arsenal-Hull (or Man City-Chelsea) was 6th round weekend and the winner drew Everton tomorrow, then Sunderland-Everton would go ahead GW30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Will be interesting to see what happens in terms of replay date because in theory if Arsenal-Hull (or Man City-Chelsea) was 6th round weekend and the winner drew Everton tomorrow, then Sunderland-Everton would go ahead GW30

Wow!
    I think Lukaku was still a hold for me anyway to GW29.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Watford v West Ham GW30 postponed

Didn't I tell you all about that one ?!! :D !!? Faith & trust in Watford :cool:.
    On the contrary, Arsenal can get lost. Most unreliable team ever (worse as a whole than Lukaku as a captain :rolleyes:... *sigh*...).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is triple Arsenal looking bad now - particularly having 2 midfielders Ozil & Sanchez?

Where should I startbulking up on my team for these blank / DGW's

Kasper, Myhill
    Ivanovic Bellerin Bertrand Ward Simpson
    Ozil Sanchez Firmino Payet Stanialas
    Aguero Ighalo Vardy

Would appreciate your advise lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Is triple Arsenal looking bad now - particularly having 2 midfielders Ozil & Sanchez?

Where should I startbulking up on my team for these blank / DGW's

Kasper, Myhill
    Ivanovic Bellerin Bertrand Ward Simpson
    Ozil Sanchez Firmino Payet Stanialas
    Aguero Ighalo Vardy

Would appreciate your advise lads
    WBA got knocked out so we don't know. Have to wait for Arsenal replay. Maybe I overestimated their will to play this comp'. They have a golden opportunity to get back the PL trophy this year so maybe they won't care as much for FA Cup.

If Arsenal lose at Hull, then with 3 Arsenal players, you'll be in a great position for GW30!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

iroced wrote: »
    WBA got knocked out so we don't know. Have to wait for Arsenal replay. Maybe I overestimated their will to play this comp'. They have a golden opportunity to get back the PL trophy this year so maybe they won't care as much for FA Cup.

If Arsenal lose at Hull, then with 3 Arsenal players, you'll be in a great position for GW30!

So effectively hold off with those 3 for now is a possibility.

Other areas are myhill, ward, Simpson & Ighalo that I need shifting.. Really tempted to WC but would be silly with the BB also available & a DGW coming up.

Might move Ward for a Swans defender?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Might move Ward for a Swans defender?

Tottenham and Arsenal away next two, unless you can hide on bench

• Advertisement

Villa and spurs goes ahead in gw 30 now. Spurs will also have a fixture in gw 35 as they play wba. No doubles this year for spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

If Spurs and Leicester keep up their form, I can't see many getting rid of all their Spurs and Leicester players to fit in 15 DGWers.

We'll find out before next GW deadline anyway, but there's precedent for playing replay only 4/5 days before next round: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006%E2%80%9307_Arsenal_F.C._season#FA_Cup

Talk on some Arsenal forums of postponing Swansea match for replay but I'm not sure that would be ideal

Gw 35 isnt going to have too many blanks as two of the fixtures are
    West ham V Man utd
    Palace V everton
    Of the 7 PL teams that can go through to the SF 4 face each other.
    If the city result stays as it is there is already 5 games going ahead in gw 35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

iroced wrote: »

How they approach the replay may depend how they get on against Barca, if they get a hiding by Barca, they'll prob focus on the cup and league.

siblers wrote: »
    How they approach the replay may depend how they get on against Barca, if they get a hiding by Barca, they'll prob focus on the cup and league.
    I cant see Hull being too keen in the replay either. Its very tight at the top of the championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

So the GW30 fixtures look like:

On
    Leicester V Newcastle
    Swansea V Stoke
    Bournemouth V Swansea
    Villa V Spurs
    Norwich V City

Off (Blanks)
    Sunderland V Everton
    West Ham V Watford
    Man Utd V Palace
    Liverpool V Chelsea

TBC (pending Arsenal/Hull replay)
    Arsenal V West Brom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

As an aside, the logic in the article in the OP suggested using a wildcard, and then having a team of 15 players with 2 games in GW34. The teams in questions are the ones with blanks in GW30...
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    West Ham
    Everton
    Man Utd
    Sunderland
    Watford
    Palace

Shedite27 wrote: »
    So the GW30 fixtures look like:

On
    Leicester V Newcastle
    Swansea V Stoke
    Bournemouth V Swansea

Villa V Spurs
    Norwich V City

Off (Blanks)
    Sunderland V Everton
    West Ham V Watford
    Man Utd V Palace
    Liverpool V Chelsea

TBC (pending Arsenal/Hull replay)
    Arsenal V West Brom

Swansea will be busy!

Shedite27 wrote: »
    As an aside, the logic in the article in the OP suggested using a wildcard, and then having a team of 15 players with 2 games in GW34. The teams in questions are the ones with blanks in GW30...
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    West Ham
    Everton
    Man Utd
    Sunderland
    Watford
    Palace

you can add city and newcastle to that as they will have gw 27 refixed for 34.
    I just cant see it being the bonanza people have been expecting. From those teams it means you have no leicester, spurs players , potentially no arsenal and then some of the better defensive teams with 4 gws to go. 10 or 11 dgw players will be more than enough.
    Even those that are thinking of wildcarding after dgw 34 they wont have enough transfers after gw30 to get in the players especially when you consider most of the form players will now be playing in gw30.
    Then the last option is going all in for gw 37 but again its more than likely going to be 3 games cancelled so having to get 15 players from 6 teams.

• Advertisement

I just cant see it being the bonanza people have been expecting. From those teams it means you have no leicester, spurs players , potentially no arsenal and then some of the better defensive teams with 4 gws to go. 10 or 11 dgw players will be more than enough.
    Even those that are thinking of wildcarding after dgw 34 they wont have enough transfers after gw30 to get in the players especially when you consider most of the form players will now be playing in gw30.
    Then the last option is going all in for gw 37 but again its more than likely going to be 3 games cancelled so having to get 15 players from 6 teams.

On the other hand, gambling with no Spurs or Leicester players and bench boosting could lead to a huge rise since everyone will be holding Alli, Alder, Vardy, and Mahrez (barring injury). I think there'll be some wild point swings over the last 5 GWs

Utd and west ham blank gw 35 assuming Utd get past Shrewsbury.

Reading vs. Crystal Palace
    Everton vs. Chelsea
    Arsenal/Hull vs. Watford
    Shrewsbury/Man Utd vs. West Ham

I never thought it would be feasible having 15 dgw players. It would be madness to drop high ownership form players just for somebody else with 2 games.

My approach to 34 using a wildcard would have been to try to have the right dgw players to compliment the core of at least 3 or 4 undroppables.

What i mean is the difference in having a bench fodder Newcastle defender with 2 games as one of your bench boost 15 vs having the ability to shuffle the team and have 4 or 5 form defenders with good dgw fixtures.....if that makes sense. Same for the likes of Andros as 5th mid vs being able to fit a proper strong 5 mids with Payet or Lanzini or the like as the dgw player.

I had also been working towards the 30 blank as being almost as important and using the WC after 30 would allow the same approach as above - i.e. going for say VVD rather than a bench fodder type def (Newcastle away to Leicester for example again). Going for 11 players without blanks with the highest chance of points rather than simply trying to field 10 or 11 simply as a number.

Same for dgw34, a lot of focus on how many you'll have bit who the numbers are is going to be more important.

However given the way the gw30 blanks just got a whole lot easier to negotiate I'll need to have another look at it to see if it may potentially be better to keep the wildcard for GW37.

Probably not but as its going to be easy to have a strong 11 for 30 its worth looking at. (I currently have 8 GW30s with 4 fts before then.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I have 3 Spurs players but them getting knocked out is a disaster re GW30. A lot of people will easily field 11 now.

If palace beat reading or everton beat chelsea. Everton palace will be called off in gw 35. That means Everton have 3 rearranged fixtures to fit in to the last 8 gws. They could have a triple gw.

Only team likely to have DGW34 and no blank GW35 going on odds:
    Watford

Chelsea will if they lose to Everton

EDIT: Whoops, Man City, Liverpool, Newcastle on that list as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

If palace beat reading or everton beat chelsea. Everton palace will be called off in gw 35. That means Everton have 3 rearranged fixtures to fit in to the last 8 gws. They could have a triple gw.

Might not be Aguero being triple captained yet:)

Lukaku TC in a triple GW would be either the greatest or worst week ever in FF. There would be no in between with Romelu!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

have a nice line up for next gameweek with no transfers made, haven't thought yet about the next few gameweeks . What ye reckon I should I have Aquero on the bench too

Forster CHE (H)

shirt_14.png

Alderweireld SWA (H)

shirt_13.png

Targett CHE (H)

shirt_7.png

Huth NOR (H)

shirt_14.png

Alli SWA (H)

shirt_20.png

Payet SUN (H)

shirt_1.png

Özil MUN (A)

shirt_1.png

Sánchez MUN (A)

shirt_7.png

Mahrez NOR (H)

shirt_7.png

Vardy NOR (H)

shirt_14.png

Kane SWA (H)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

win for Everton, or both Chelsea & Reading will mean only 3 blanks in GW35.

Advertisement