Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek Planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

mectavba wrote: »
    I think this is thread is as much about the skinny gameweeks as the DGWs.

I think I'm in pretty good shape for the skinnies, still with my WC, TC and BB.

Lloris, Elliott

Targett, Daniels, Delaney, Wollscheid, Van Dijk

Firmino, Ozil, Mahrez, Alli, Payet

Aguero, Kane, Vardy

That gives me a decent starting 11 this GW 27 and 10 starters for GW 30 (assuming Arsenal beat Hull).

WC week 34 and BB 35 looking most likely, then a TC punt on GW37, possibly.

Am I deluded to be so content??

Just in case I've not misread this, GW 34 is the DGW and 35 is the skinny week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

skinny gameweeks. i like that, i like that alot

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

What exactly is the list of teams for GW 30 with games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

What exactly is the list of teams for GW 30 with games?

The FPL site has it updated now but anyway:

Norwich - Man City
    Villa - Spurs
    Bournemouth - Swansea
    Stoke - Southampton
    Leicester - Newscastle

And should Hull beat Arsenal:
    Arsenal - West Brom

spock. wrote: »
    The FPL site has it updated now but anyway:

Norwich - Man City
    Villa - Spurs
    Bournemouth - Swansea
    Stoke - Southampton
    Leicester - Newscastle

And should Hull beat Arsenal:
    Arsenal - West Brom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

ElTel wrote: »
    Personally I've 5 for GW30 atm but am unsure how many I want for that 5 match gameweek (Can get to 10 with no hits and 2FTs this week) My plan is to get past the first DGW with my WC intact so I will be making transfers with GW34 in mind and hiding DGWs on my bench. I'm thinking 9 for GW30 might be realistic to achieve the squad I want for 34. All that been said Firmino looks a likely transfer for me this week to give me 11 with Reid a maybe on the bench. I think the hit maybe worth it and perhaps a starting 11 for GW30 is not what you should be aiming for especially if you plan a post 34 WC.

Good advice.

Still have my chips in tact and my WC. My plan was GW33 WC & overload on DGW with BB GW34. But looking at fixtures and what's happening the BB 15 DGW's WC maybe more for GW's 36/37

I could field 11 for GW30 but wouldn't be strongest.

Who is on your radar for GW34?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Good advice.

Still have my chips in tact and my WC. My plan was GW33 WC & overload on DGW with BB GW34. But looking at fixtures and what's happening the BB 15 DGW's WC maybe more for GW's 36/37

I could field 11 for GW30 but wouldn't be strongest.

Who is on your radar for GW34?

My concern about saving chips for GW 36/37 is certain teams having little to nothing to play for in the league and there being all sorts of rotation in these games.

This season it seems possible that Chelsea, City and perhaps Man Utd, Liverpool (Europa) will be involved towards the end of Euro competitions, which could take priority over the league.

This is one of the reasons I think I will use my chips a little earlier, when there will be some more predictability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

My concern about saving chips for GW 36/37 is certain teams having little to nothing to play for in the league and there being all sorts of rotation in these games.

This season it seems possible that Chelsea, City and perhaps Man Utd, Liverpool (Europa) will be involved towards the end of Euro competitions, which could take priority over the league.

This is one of the reasons I think I will use my chips a little earlier, when there will be some more predictability.

This is a good point.

I had a bit of a look at it last night to test the possibility of a later WC around GW35 or 36 but I am finding it hard to see past a GW32 or 33 WC to maximise the number and quality of players for DGW34.

I think that 10 or 11 DGW34 players will be the max that is feasible even without looking at the GW35 blanks (I think 1 or 2 Leicester, 1 or 2 Spurs and maybe a Soton/Stoke/Swansea defender are likely to be there as single GW players). Then if you then have 5 or 6 from Liverpool, Man City and hopefully Watford and WBA who should have a DGW34 and a game in 35 (edit only one of Watford and WBA will have both a DGW and a GW30 game) then you should be able to get 10 or 11 out in 35 with 2 FTs. If this is all planned carefully with an eye on DGW37 a decent line up there can be worked towards, but as mectavba points out you'll need to have a good eye on who has what to play for by this stage.

Everton could have a double, or even the mythical treble but could also be in an FA Cup final which Martinez could really do with winning to deflect criticism from their poor league placing. Chelsea, Man U, Man City and Liverpool could have European interests.

In summary my GW35 wildcard theory may be in the "trying to be too clever" bin especially when the last point is taken into account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

fair point but the teams you mentioned i reckon that most, if not all, will have something to play for in terms of qualification for European competitions next season with a few games to go - if this is the case i'd be expecting very little rotation from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

With the uncertainty over the DGW fixtures at this stage I can't decide when to WC and/or what order I'll use the chips which in turn has me hesitant on transfers. Which leads me on to a general question regarding GW30-Is it more advantageous to come out of that GW with 2 FTs even at the expense of an extra player that week or flipping it the other way are those with 11 starters thinking of playing less players and getting ahead of the curve in their DGW prep.

With the uncertainty over the DGW fixtures at this stage I can't decide when to WC and/or what order I'll use the chips which in turn has me hesitant on transfers. Which leads me on to a general question regarding GW30-Is it more advantageous to come out of that GW with 2 FTs even at the expense of an extra player that week or flipping it the other way are those with 11 starters thinking of playing less players and getting ahead of the curve in their DGW prep.

To circle it back to your first sentence, it depends when you are going to Wildcard. This is what I was looking at last night pretty much.

If you are not planning on Wildcarding between 30 and 34 then you would definitely be better banking a transfer to have 2 coming into GW31 and therefore 5 FTs to set up your DGW34 team. You may therefore be better to have less than 11 for GW30, in fact depending on what team you are aiming at for DGW34 you may have no choice but to settle for less than 11.

If you are planning to Wildcard after GW30 to set up for GW 34 then you will be free to use all your transfers between now and 30 to maximize the number (and tastiness) of your GW30 team. You may even be able to afford punts on the likes of Costa for a while etc and still field a decent 11, depending on how many you have already.

I'm leaning toward the latter option atm. I have 8 GW30 players already and 4 FTs before then. So I have the 2 transfers to get me up to 11 and 1 luxury transfer to either switch one of the GW30 players I already have to a better one, or maybe go for a short term punt on Costa v Norwich. Then a GW32 or 33 wildcard and bench boost in DGW34. 35 and 37 situations should be clearer by GW32 or 33 so can keep a structure in the wildcard team towards those skinny/double weeks.

@FHFC
    That's it in a nutshell alright.
    So is the general feeling that the DGW 34 fixtures will only be revealed after GW30 given that the next 3 gameweeks happen in quick succession or will it be after the next round of European fixtures? This state of limbo is so annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've been about 40 points off the top of my mini league all year so am planning an all-out attack on DGW34 to try to overhaul that.

Plan is:
    1) Now: Keep 11 on the field through the Skinny Gameweeks (27 and 30).
    2) GW33: Wildcard in GW33, aiming to get in 15 players with DGW34, and a max of 6 who have a blank in GW35.
    3) GW34: Bench Boost, no transfer, and watch the money roll in.
    4) GW35: 2FT's to get back to max of 4 players who have a blank, to again have 11 on the field for Skinny Gameweek
    5) Team will be in tatters at that stage, but with 3 weeks left, hopefully will have enough to limp over the line
    6) GW37: Triple captain for a (hopefully) Triple Gameweek for Lukaku.

Wishful thinking that'll overhaul the 40 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

@FHFC
    So is the general feeling that the DGW 34 fixtures will only be revealed after GW30 given that the next 3 gameweeks happen in quick succession or will it be after the next round of European fixtures? This state of limbo is so annoying!

Hopefully with the April TV selections this week, otherwise I'd think definitely before GW30 since that's only a month's notice

@FHFC

Yeah as Ziegler says I'd expect GW34 will be confirmed before 30.

However, and I stand to be corrected, but as I understand the DGW34 lineup is pretty certain except for:
    * whether Arsenal will have a double - depends on their game with Hull getting slotted in and them winning it.
    * whether Man City will have their backlog game with Newcastle in 34 or will they defer till 37 if they have Euro fixtures.
    * who Liverpool and Everton will face in their second game.

The third tab on this sheet spells it out as well as I've seen anywhere (no offence Busts ;))

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zcb5jGdVitByKQ8R1X4gcEBpiNY9qbLylr72btlTubc/edit?usp=docslist_api

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I really wanted to hold lukaku but with kane now having a gw 30 fixture I'll have to sell lukaku. My plan was aguero to vardy this week and kane to aguero for gw29. I'll just be doing lukaku to vardy now. Giving me vardy aguero kane till gw30 which I'd imagine will be fairly standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

To translate into FPL language, "between gameweeks 29 and 30."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Lucas Hood wrote: »

So the Arsenal v WBA game on GW30 goes ahead?

Interesting to see what games they prioritise after the champions league result. They are almost completly out of the Barca tie to hopefully they look at:
    1. PL
    2. Champions league
    3. F.A Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

That means we will know 4 days in advance if they will have a GW30 fixture. I think I will try to keep my 2 Arsenal players until then and plan to use my FT(s) after the cup Replay. Given that they are home to WBA, I think it will be wise to ditch my West Brom players in advance regardless of whether they have a fixture or not. I can't see them getting much from that game anyway.

• Advertisement

steve_r wrote: »
    So the Arsenal v WBA game on GW30 goes ahead?

Interesting to see what games they prioritise after the champions league result. They are almost completly out of the Barca tie to hopefully they look at:
    1. PL
    2. Champions league
    3. F.A Cup

Unless they come out and say Arsenal/Hull v Watford isn't on 6th round weekend, I think we have to assume it is. Arsenal did a similar thing in 06/07: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006%E2%80%9307_Arsenal_F.C._season#FA_Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Might drop my AOA GW30. At present I'd only need to get Kane in for Ighalo and Someone in for Payet

Wilcard GW33.

Benchboost GW34

TC GW37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

TV fixtures announced for April and May. Also:

"It is envisaged that an announcement regarding new dates for current postponed matches will be made on or around 10 March."

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/feb/260216-live-uk-television-fixtures-for-april-may-released.html

TV fixtures announced for April and May. Also:

"It is envisaged that an announcement regarding new dates for current postponed matches will be made on or around 10 March."

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/feb/260216-live-uk-television-fixtures-for-april-may-released.html

Seems a pretty arbitrary date, FA Cup 6th round won't be decided yet and only Chelsea's Champions League fate will be known

Quarter final live TV ties

Friday 11 March
    Reading v Crystal Palace (7.55pm) – Live on BBC

Saturday 12 March
    If Hull City v Watford (Midday) – Live on BT Sport
    Everton v Chelsea (5.30pm) – Live on BBC

Sunday 13 March
    If Arsenal v Watford (1.30pm) – Live on BT Sport
    Manchester United v West Ham United (4pm) – Live on BT Sport
    Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/2016/feb/quarter-final-live-tv-ties-bbc-bt-sport#Z1TYsfprdJUdhADY.99

So Arsenal v WBA will be GW30 blank if they win replay

Someone's take on DGW scheduling from hardcore broadcasting geeks: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=81653282&postcount=1492

Basically, he thinks Liverpool v Everton nailed for DGW34 and Arsenal v WBA would go there as well if it's postponed. Man City v Newcastle nailed for DGW34 if Arsenal lose replay.

Arsenal's wording also suggests similar:
    Arsenal v Crystal Palace
    Sunday, April 17 2016 (originally Saturday, April 16 2016)
    Kick-off: 4.00pm
    Live on: SKY SPORTS
    This game could yet revert to Saturday, April 16 (possible 5.30pm kick off). Final confirmation of the date and kick off time is subject to a number of factors including Arsenal’s progress in The Emirates FA Cup. It is likely that there may be more clarity around this fixture by mid-March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What teams defo blank in GW 30?
    West ham
    Watford
    United
    Liverpool
    Palace
    Any others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What teams defo blank in GW 30?
    West ham
    B'mourth
    United
    Liverpool
    Palace
    Any others?

Bournemouth have no blank. The definite blanks are Chelsea, Palace, Everton, Liverpool, Man. United, Sunderland, Watford and West Ham. Arsenal and West Brom will also have a blank if Arsenal win the replay against Hull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I ment watford not Bournemouth dunno how I made that mistake thanks tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I ment watford not Bournemouth dunno how I made that mistake thanks tho

Yeah and I made an error too. If Arsenal win their replay they will also blank.

Someone's take on DGW scheduling from hardcore broadcasting geeks: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=81653282&postcount=1492

Basically, he thinks Liverpool v Everton nailed for DGW34 and Arsenal v WBA would go there as well if it's postponed. Man City v Newcastle nailed for DGW34 if Arsenal lose replay.

Arsenal's wording also suggests similar:

The problem with Liverpool and Everton in 34 is then Chelsea can't have a double as they need to play Liverpool as well. If chelsea make the semi final they need to have two doubles before the season ends . I suppose if Chelsea make the semis they could move the gw35 fixture forward to dgw34.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I don't get the bold one. What's the link between City - Newcastle and Arsenal games?

iroced wrote: »
    I don't get the bold one. What's the link between City - Newcastle and Arsenal games?

In terms of which match Sky would show live midweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone know why West Ham have a blank on GW 35? Is there any source that has the current teams with blanks etc listed out?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone know why West Ham have a blank on GW 35? Is there any source that has the current teams with blanks etc listed out?

They were to play Utd that week but that is the weekend of semi final of cup. One of Utd / WH have to be in it as they play each other in 1/4 final.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

joe123 wrote: »

They are scheduled to play Man Utd, but with them playing each other in the Qtr Final of the FA Cup one of them is guaranteed a semi final place.

FA Cup Semis clash with GW35 weekend so this is the first match that is definitely off.

Other fixtures under threat are:
    Palace vs Everton
    Bournemouth vs Chelsea
    Norwich vs Watford
    Suderland vs Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Apologies if this has been covered, but what has to happen for Arsenal to have a blank GW30? How likely is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Apologies if this has been covered, but what has to happen for Arsenal to have a blank GW30? How likely is it?
    Win their replay against Hull I think.
    Someone more clued in might confirm that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Win their replay against Hull I think.
    Someone more clued in might confirm that though.

Spot on. So I'm taking it as a given that they will have a blank. Can't see them lose to Hull.

Winner of Hull vs Arsenal on Tuesday 8th March are home to Watford in the Quarter Final on Sunday 13th March.

So Arsenal would have 2 FA Cup games in 5 days.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zcb5jGdVitByKQ8R1X4gcEBpiNY9qbLylr72btlTubc/htmlview?sle=true#gid=629680924

The 5 pages in this maps it out really well. It's been posted previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

How are people playing their Triple Captain chip may I ask? Initially I had been planning on waiting on a nice double game week for City & pulling the trigger, but I'm very tempted to just go ahead and use it next week. City welcome Villa to the Ethiad and it could be an absolute hammering.

wardides wrote: »
    How are people playing their Triple Captain chip may I ask? Initially I had been planning on waiting on a nice double game week for City & pulling the trigger, but I'm very tempted to just go ahead and use it next week. City welcome Villa to the Ethiad and it could be an absolute hammering.

I'm waiting for DGW announcements. It's possible Everton could even have a TGW

A single gw may be the time to use it. It ends up costing you one player. If you captain aguero for the villa game and the double newcastle and chelsea. Player 1 triple captains against villa he gets aguero 3 times + 4times for the double. Player 2 triple captains for the double he gets aguero 6 times + 2 for the villa game. It costs you one aguero score in the long run but you are getting a triple on his most favourable fixture.

You know what? The more I think about it and considering the weirdness of this season, I can see Lukaku returning the trolliest troll result in the history of the trolls with a 2 2 2 = 12 pts TC. Hurrah ! :rolleyes:...

Barry for TGW TC right :pac:?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Assuming that won't be announced anytime soon? Who are they most likely to face in the triple week do you think?

Apologies for the questions, this thread is essentially like Inception for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

iroced wrote: »
    You know what? The more I think about it and considering the weirdness of this season, I can see Lukaku returning the trolliest troll result in the history of the trolls with a 2 2 2 = 12 pts TC. Hurrah ! :rolleyes:...

Barry for TGW TC right :pac:?!

2 2 2 for a triple captain is 18.;)

Deise Vu wrote: »
    2 2 2 for a triple captain is 18.;)
    Oh :eek:. How did I... :o... Tells how much a defeatist I'm becoming :pac:...

Assuming that won't be announced anytime soon? Who are they most likely to face in the triple week do you think?

Apologies for the questions, this thread is essentially like Inception for me.

leicester palace and sunderland I think

leicester palace and sunderland I think

Given the possibility of rotation if this happens, TCing a defender or keeper might give you a better chance of getting three games. Madness, i know, but...

• Advertisement
Advertisement