Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android app add spinner to left of toolbar

Options
  • 21-01-2016 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

I'm working voluntarily on an android app for someone.
    I created a kind of dropdown navigation icon and set it to be the navigation icon for a Toolbar.
    How do I get a spinner to open up under the navigation icon that
    I created on the left hand side of the Toolbar?
    I tried adding the spinner to my Toolbar and it will only pop up on the right hand side of the Toolbar which is not what I want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

If you're trying to have a dropdown/spinner up the top left, instead of adding it to the toolbar on the top right, then you just have to create a view, and set that as the view of the toolbar.

I did a quick Google and I think its toolbar.addview() but not 100% on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

If you're trying to have a dropdown/spinner up the top left, instead of adding it to the toolbar on the top right, then you just have to create a view, and set that as the view of the toolbar.

I did a quick Google and I think its toolbar.addview() but not 100% on that.

Advertisement