Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 sneak peek

• 21-01-2016 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

Don't know if I'm the first to notice this.... but look in the background beside the white model X:

That's not an S or an X. The lines are all wrong, fog light position is wrong, wing mirrors are wrong and it's a more aggressive design. There also appears to be a larger piece of trim behind the front wheel arches.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

OK... looks like it's an early model S prototype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I guess we'll have to wait until March for the official reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

I watched a 30 min clip on the Model X, wow I was seriously impressed. Any idea where you can get all in prices to Ireland ? what are/will the models S, X & 3 cost ?

steelboots wrote: »
    I watched a 30 min clip on the Model X, wow I was seriously impressed. Any idea where you can get all in prices to Ireland ? what are/will the models S, X & 3 cost ?

After grant the model S will start at around €85k. Model X will be €5-6k more.
    Model 3 should be in the €40k range.

All that is assuming grant and VRT credit remain the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

cros13 wrote: »
    After grant the model S will start at around €85k. Model X will be €5-6k more.
    Model 3 should be in the €40k range.

All that is assuming grant and VRT credit remain the same.

I'd be extremely sceptical of Tesla's ability to sell the Model 3 any where near 40k with grants here. I just don't think they've anywhere near the potential to realise the required scale to deliver. I hope I'm wrong.

• Advertisement

I'd be extremely sceptical of Tesla's ability to sell the Model 3 any where near 40k with grants here. I just don't think they've anywhere near the potential to realise the required scale to deliver. I hope I'm wrong.

Elon has been giving a sale price in the UK of £30,000.

I'm fairly confident on the Model S and Model X pricing. I was quoted €92k for a model S 70D delivery here without the grant (until Tesla opens the store and registers no grant applies).

I'm almost certain they will take years to clear the Model 3 waiting list in the US. The US demand alone if they launched today would soak up 3-4 years production at the 500k/year level. And it will be 2020/2021 before they can hit those kind of numbers because this is what the gigafactory pilot plant looks like vs. what they will need to produce the batteries to meet 500k production:

Ym6Pr.png

That's one of the reasons I'm not waiting around. The day they open the gallery in Ireland I'll have a deposit on a Model S or X. Should see Model X production

If the Model 3 can be made in Europe then at least there won't be import duties, hopefully Musk will eliminate the extortion charges for right hand drive by then.

I wonder what the cost will be in Ireland ? close to 40 K ? hopefully the Grant is available still by then and the VRT relief, though there should be 0 VRT and reduced VAT on electrics if the Government are half interested in meeting their emissions targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

If the Model 3 can be made in Europe then at least there won't be import duties, hopefully Musk will eliminate the extortion charges for right hand drive by then.

There is a factory in the Netherlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Sabre Man wrote: »

Kind of

But I doubt the long term plan is to build cars in Holland

Sabre Man wrote: »

Tilburg is currently equipped to assemble 20,000 cars/year but has the space to assemble 50-60 thousand.

I'd imagine the long term plan has a larger production facility in Germany/Poland on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I think by the time we see volume model 3s in Europe, we'll have several large capacity BEVs from a couple of major auto manufacturers. Musk will not have this field to himself much longer.

Remember the IBM PC.

I think by the time we see volume model 3s in Europe, we'll have several large capacity BEVs from a couple of major auto manufacturers. Musk will not have this field to himself much longer.

Remember the IBM PC.

BoatMad wrote: »

Remember the IBM PC.

Which is what he wanted from the start

jeepers, its just a car :D

Advertisement