Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician comes before or after power switched on?

Options
  • 21-01-2016 8:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭

hello Folks,

1st fix electrical work on my total renovation is complete. The power was off in the house for 6 years and I have the go ahead to switch on the power when I want.However,the fuse box and esb meter are to be moved. My understanding is the esb bring the power to the meter and the electrician to the fuse box. There is no metre box as its an old house with just the meter over the front door. However, both the meter and fuse box are to be moved slightly.
    I would like the electricians views on the positioning of both items.

Is power required in the house in order for the electrician to complete 2nd fixing?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

The esb won't connect until the electrician certifies that his work is tested and complies with the etci regs. ( there is another section for tests that can only be carried out after the power is connected )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

The electrical installation needs to be completed both first and second fixed. Your electrician then forwards a cert to Esbn for installation to be energised.
    I would however consider contacting Esbn early considering your moving the meter position. It may be best to move it outside if possible now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Brightspark beat me to it. Posting taking ages tonight on boards.

Advertisement