Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Division

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

same here feels pretty bland to me and empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I find it ok but I'm torn weather or not to keep playing. If I buy the game I don't want to have completed a tonne of missions already.
    Curious if I can just tear straight towards pvp also. Might try later or tomorrow.

Also apparently the NPCs in darkzone are 10x the solo game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I played about an hour and a half earlier and enjoyed the few little missions I did, did you have to be a certain level to PvP?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, not sure what to think to be honest. I like the way the controls feel, and the gun play is good (little bullet spongey, but thats all right), i just don't know if it would hold my attention for more then a few hours. Will give it another go tomorrow and see if it grows on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Played 2 hours there pretty sure I wont be buying this game.

Its just bleh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Played 2 hours there pretty sure I wont be buying this game.

Its just bleh.

yup promised so much and just delivered mediocrity at best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I am really enjoying this. Playing with my brother and friend at the moment. If you want to watch us 'danking' unsuspecting players in the Dark Zone and causing general chaos you can watch at www.twitch.tv/L1ber8or

Running it on max settings :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »
    Hmm, not sure what to think to be honest. I like the way the controls feel, and the gun play is good (little bullet spongey, but thats all right), i just don't know if it would hold my attention for more then a few hours. Will give it another go tomorrow and see if it grows on me.

Exactly how I feel about it, its all a bit meh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just tried to get a game there, servers are not responding so can't get in. Played for about 30 mins yesterday, not exactly enamoured but willing to give it more time this weekend to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

If anyones up for some co-op today add me on uplay username is the same as on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So had a good session yesterday with three friends. This feels a bit like Destiny , in terms of concept, and as such I'll give this a miss day one and see how it looks two or three months after launch.

It looks great, it plays slick. The NPC based quests are great with friends. But it's very Gears of war like in terms.of combat which is fine. I don't expect enemies to die in one hit in this style of game.

Freshness and content at max level are going to be the issue here. How quickly will it all wear off. So while we were all thoroughly impressed and had a good time, concerns over spending 70 quid for day one release.

The Dark Zone is great and there was genuine tension constantly. Anyone that tried to take us out we moped up, and we got into a pretty big firefight at on stage that was amazing in terms of how it developed. But again concerns about how fresh that will feel after a few weeks.

A game I'll happy buy and out time into but will most likely hold off. Like Destiny, it was brilliant for two weeks until the end game content was repeititve and non existant

Just finished up my first Darkzone trip now also. Enjoyed it.
    Surprisingly enough, I never once got attacked by a player - even though I was running solo.
    I did a number of extractions where there was always a worry, but anyone who appeared just added their own loot to the extraction and ran off.
    The NPC difficulty is a good addition. I only hit DZ level 6 or so.

All in all, the game is solid and enjoyable but I will not be getting it at launch I think. I'm gonna wait a while and see how it does after initial launch.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Looks lovely, sound and voice acting all good, all very polished but the gameplay is boring as hell. I'll be giving this one a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Noxin wrote: »
    Just finished up my first Darkzone trip now also. Enjoyed it.
    Surprisingly enough, I never once got attacked by a player - even though I was running solo.
    I did a number of extractions where there was always a worry, but anyone who appeared just added their own loot to the extraction and ran off.
    The NPC difficulty is a good addition. I only hit DZ level 6 or so.

All in all, the game is solid and enjoyable but I will not be getting it at launch I think. I'm gonna wait a while and see how it does after initial launch.

I've been playing a lot today and as usual there's loads of ar$eholes turning rogue, killing lads and then hiding until their rogue status runs out then they free roam again until they decide to take some other poor tw@'t out. There's a hiding space just inside DZ01 that nobody can get to them when they are in it and gives them perfect shelter while they wait it out.

I had one dude following me around and randomly killing me then hiding, repeat the process endlessly. What a tw@t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I quite enjoyed the beta, but by the time I'd done all the PVE content and spent a couple of hours in the DZ, I felt like I'd had my fill... I'm not sure if I'd get much more enjoyment out of it by buying it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

actually reached lvl 8 this time round. Got a blue AK from the DZ vendor and it's pretty damn good. Same with some M(??) sniper. 2 hit kill for most DZ AIs...also got a camo.

Well, have to say. Last night kinda changed where I'm at with the game.

On Saturday I hit level 8 and was going through the DZ with friends, although only in short bursts as we all had to go at different times out etc so we didnt get a good sitting. ON my own, I was doing some side missions and encounters which were fine. I ventured into the DZ on my own and did enjoy it, but damn it was tough. Getting crowded out by teams of 3-5 guys slaughtering me at extraction points was annoying. But then I turned on the in game voice activation. (Sidenote, the clarity and quality if the ingame voice is excellent) A few times, when I sniffed some bad **** about to happen, I just asked, sometimes pleaing "Lads if your going to do me in, lets get it over with". But a few times I got a response of people saying its cool and go ahead. A few others "ok, cool" and then slotting me :D

Sunday evening we had a good party. Three of us going around the DZ for a good while. The server instance we were in was PACKED. I believe the beta's have had 60 agents per instance, an on launch that will be 60 per segment of the overall Dark Zone. But it was hectic, frantic, tactical, and BRILLIANT.

We started out doing some NPC clears. The mall, the lites in the subway and a few other places. Collecting gear, extracting. There is a real tension, something I havn't felt in a game for a good while. We were communicating really well, covering arcs of fire and entrance points. After about 90 minutes of playing in this session, we were really looking like an ominous force in the DZ.

We broke back to our stash and started talking about gear, stats etc. Increasing your DPS wasn't as obvious as I thought. My DPS was really low and we couldn't figure out why. Then it transpired that mods, that you wouldn't assosiate with" damage modifiers" were infact direct DPS increases. So I changed out my M4 for a level 8 blue Scar, and added some blue level 8 mods. A scope increasing my DPS by a few hundred, a silencer increasing my DPS (BF and CoD had me in the mindset of a silencer decreasing damage).

I went from about 2900 DPS up to the 3800 mark with just some simple upgrades. When we want back in for a second foray, wow, the difference was incredible. We were all running optimal kits now, and were destorying NPC packs. A few rogue kills here and there, and after another hour broke back to stash to upgrade.

I was now running a purple scar, with all purple mods. I'd amassed a lot of DZ credits from killing Rogue agents, and also quickly shot up to DZ level 10, so went around vendors buying all the big upgrades. As we went back into or third run, this is where things got AMAZING.

It started off with a run of the mill clear of the mall, and back to extract. We were waiting on the periphery, as about 4-5 other groups were jostling for position to extract. Then, all hell broke lose. Someone lobbed a grenade into a group of 8 guys tying to extract, and all of a sudden our screen lit up with rogue agents. With the height advantage and all these red pings, we started just slotting people left right and centre. By the end we were the only people left, and we got out two full extracts (of peoples dropped kit) before the masses re-emerged. The next two hours turned into what can only be described as some of the best fun I've had in ages.
    Clearly aggrevied at what happened, two groups decided to get revenge and kill the group that initially opened fire, turning themselves rogue. They hadn't got the manhunt debuff yet, but we were chasing them all over the map. It looks evident that people in our instance weren't running really upgraded gear, where we really were, two of the lads having the Legendary 416 from the DZ vendor. We proceeded to just "hunt" rogue agents, getting in incredible firefights, and having these really good coordination with other groups. All the while, the tension they would turn on us.

To cap the night off, assuming beta was ending at 12, we decided to go rogue. Going to a pretty populated Extraction pad, we lit everyone up we could find. Pretty quickly we had a manhunt with about 250 seconds from the get go. We kinda thought we would die pretty quickly, and that was going to be it for the night. AN HOUR LATER, we were still running a manhunt debuff, and by this time the entire server was after us. It was amazing. So much fun, so much co-ordination and credit to the other players, they seemed to start operating more tactically and making it harder.

Eventially, at about 1:30 we said ****it we need to call it a night, so we found a last stand point. Off an alley, with only one entrace we setup behind some flowerpots and a small wall. We were pretty much down to sidearms by the end, but we eventually got swarmed and killed. Calls rang out from everyone calling "GG" "epic plays" and all that jazz.

On Saturday night I was very much on the periphery of this game. Concerns over freshness, content and longterm. Now after Sunday, if I could get a month of that sort of exhilaration out of it, it would be money well spent. Donig some reading there appears to be plans for PvE content in forms of I guess what I'd equate to dungeons and raids in WoW, but that Dark Zone has incredible potential, especially consdering it will be bigger, more players and looks to be some NPC elements in there along with spur of the moment stuff.

While I'm still not sure if I'll be buying this day one, if my mates say they are, I'm happily in. Otherwise we will be watching for the first few weeks from launch in the hope that its panning out well.

Just as I'm typing this, the lads have come online and firing me steam msg's "MAN LAST NIGHT WAS SO GOOD, ****ING HELL" and various stuff.

While it does look to have the option and functionality to invite players(we had a forth guy we randomly invited last night for a bit until he went to bed) this is definitly one of those games you'll want to be playing with friends, or people consistently.

In terms of pricing

Steam
    Base game €60
    Base game + Season pass €80

Amazon
    Base Game N/A
    Base Game + Season Pass €70 (saying no delivery to Ireland, weird)

Keyselling sites(G2A, Greenman,Kinguin)
    Base Game €40
    Base Game + Season pass N/A

Depending on how it goes, season pass might be a worthy buy now. If BIS weapons or gear start appearing in DLC packs, it will nearly force you to get the DLC individually. And I assume some areas will be released via DLC(****ing hate DLC)

Although the €40 price point on the keysites seems very appealing, where I can stick with it for a while and see how it pans out. If I love it, and my mates stick with it, can grab the DLC on arrival. I'd just hate to drop €80 and have a Destiny situation where there is a total lack of endgame content, and then being forced to shell out MORE money for new content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

TheDoc wrote: »
    Depending on how it goes, season pass might be a worthy buy now. If BIS weapons or gear start appearing in DLC packs, it will nearly force you to get the DLC individually. And I assume some areas will be released via DLC(****ing hate DLC)

As much as I'm not a season pass kind of guy, at all, it strikes me as the type of game where it would probably be a smart move to grab it if you're going to buy the game. It's got a heavy reliance on servers and online play, and it's got a big world which is somewhat empty at present. I would envisage a fair bit of DLC down the road (more so if the game sells well).

I actually think i will buy it. Maybe not on day 1, but soon afterwards. Played a little bit more, and i like it. Not revolutionary, but the setting and gameplay are enjoyable enough, and i'd see myself getting a good 20-30 hours out of it. It seems like its grand for just playing a few hours a week, as i'll never be worried about raids or anything like that.

• Advertisement

I actually think i will buy it. Maybe not on day 1, but soon afterwards. Played a little bit more, and i like it. Not revolutionary, but the setting and gameplay are enjoyable enough, and i'd see myself getting a good 20-30 hours out of it. It seems like its grand for just playing a few hours a week, as i'll never be worried about raids or anything like that.

Yeah if its anything like Destiny(and I've no reason to believe it wont in terms of PvE setup, with the target market its looking at) I'd guess the PvE raids will be along the line sof maybe 45-60 minutes, with dungeons being like 15-20 minutes.

Again not sure what terminology they will use. But with Destiny I never felt any mad pressure or time constraint raiding with friends and keeping my character up to scratch, while maintaining a mythic raiding schedule in wow(and that thing called life)

I know for me, with the WoW burnout arriving, and the new expansion looking like a, August,September release, there is going to be months to burn on something, and The Division could well fill that slot.

As much as I'm not a season pass kind of guy, at all, it strikes me as the type of game where it would probably be a smart move to grab it if you're going to buy the game. It's got a heavy reliance on servers and online play, and it's got a big world which is somewhat empty at present. I would envisage a fair bit of DLC down the road (more so if the game sells well).

Yeah I can forsee a serious amount of low level DLC in terms of skins and appearance stuff, which is totally fine.

It's when it comes to maybe zones behind DLC that provide BIS gear, is where the "forcefullness" of DLC starts to arrive.

I dipped out of Destiny for a while, and when I came back friends were telling me I needed to buy x,y,z DLC, and before I wrapped my head around it there was an expansion out also.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I have to say this is definitely a day one purchase for me, we may all get burned in months to come but for now I haven't had as much fun playing a game in a long time.

The amount of fun that can be had in a four man group hunting rogues or becoming rogues is amazing, we spent about an hour holding an extraction zone from people and killing everyone on sight, yeah we eventually died but the sheer buzz you can create by doing it is amazing and there's so much scope for them to add way more flavour to the DZ.

If they enabled Manhunt to progress past 5 kills to other levels to make bounties stack even higher. They could have huge outdoor bosses that drop insane loot and the ganking around it would be insane :)

I'm seriously looking forward to this game, and thats just from the PVP aspect of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

If you go rogue and attack poor lonely folk like me ( happened a lot yesterday) then I hate you with all my being :D. I also think if you go rogue and kill more than 3 people you should have to stay rogue until the next time you log in. The amount of times I went for vengeance only to find the offending individual was now a "non hostile" boiled my piss! One dude was doing it constantly, going rogue, killing folk he was coming across then hiding until his bounty wore off, rinse and repeat. He did do a good one though, threw a fire bomb into a load of lads trying to extract stuff setting them all alight. He was dead in seconds for that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

For all the little things I didn't like about game, I kinda miss it today.
    I'm still waiting for the reviews, but if there's a decent amount of SP content (rumors of only 10 main missions which is worrying), more npcs/roaming mobs (both in and out of the DZ), some tweaks to the rogue system and some indication of the end game then I'll pick it up for sure.

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    For all the little things I didn't like about game, I kinda miss it today.

Ye know what, I feel the exact same. Got home from work yesterday and wanted to log in and run a few simple encounters or side missions.
    Now I don't know what to do. I said I wouldn't buy it at launch but now I don't know :pac:

Got my key delivered early from G2Play, which is a first. Pre-loading now, and looking forward to giving it another go this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

From what time is it available for play tomorrow folks?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KonFusion wrote: »
    From what time is it available for play tomorrow folks?

5am UTC:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/365590/discussions/0/405693392915389978/

Steam store says another 18 hours though, which would seem to conflict slightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Servers go live at 1pm today so anyone with physical xbox or PS4 copies will be playing from then so guessing there will be plenty of streams

• Advertisement

Steam always seem off with their estimates. I'm assuming the Steam version still loads UPlay, like other Ubisoft games, right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Steam always seem off with their estimates. I'm assuming the Steam version still loads UPlay, like other Ubisoft games, right?

Yes, it still uses Uplay.

Steam/UbiSoft have brought the release time forward. Unlocks at midnight/11pm in Ireland. :D

Falthyron wrote: »
    Steam/UbiSoft have brought the release time forward. Unlocks at midnight/11pm in Ireland. :D

Source?

Just look at the Steam page...

379675.JPG

KonFusion wrote: »
    Source?

ubisoft twitter confirmed it too:

https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/706918405107019776

I'd normally interpret a moved up release time as a sign of confidence, as a bad launch for an MMO can kill them in just a matter of days.

Ah, I see. Presume that means Uplay version unlocks too?

Spear wrote: »
    ubisoft twitter confirmed it too:

https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/706918405107019776

I'd normally interpret a moved up release time as a sign of confidence, as a bad launch for an MMO can kill them in just a matter of days.

Im guessing they are happy with how the physical console players are hitting the servers that they think its all good to go, crossing fingers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

That page doesnt exist anymore :D good or bad sign?

• Advertisement

Tis gone live if anyone wants to play now. 3gb patch.

Still locked on Uplay

Just says "Preloaded" - no option to play

Edit: I've tried VPN's from North America, Aus, EU, UK - no luck :(

I will be streaming at www.twitch.tv/l1ber8or if anybody wants to watch and see if they like the game.

Try reload UPlay? Just played the tutorial there, and it's running pretty well.

No luck. Off to bed so. Enjoy!

That was one of the smoothest game launches with a multiplayer aspect I've experienced in years.

Lads rang me at 10:50 to tell me about the change in release, and 11:10 I was in and started. Game looks gorgeous, running at a smooth 60FPS throughout (I've moved the settings to high as I rate smooth FPS over looks for an online type game) and not a hitch until about 1:30 when I finished.

Went through the start up to Madison Square Gardens with three friends, had an absolute blast. Long may it continue. One of the lads experiencing mental lighting issues with his 6900 series card. But I was blown away to be honest with performance and stability for a launch night.

Sweating to get home and play it. Granted WoW raid from 7-10, but another late night on the cards :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Give it 6 weeks and it will be dead, beta was a snoozefest , my opinion ofcourse :)

I don't know if i will play it for more then a few weeks, but i suspect i'll get a lot of enjoyment out of what i do play. I dunno, it just felt smoother and more enjoyable then the beta. Maybe just cause i hate playing characters that will be getting wiped, so i don't really put much into them.

If anyone fancies some Dark Zone tonight, let me know. Wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

apart from ubisoft being a pile of cack, the game is fairly decent, although my grey haired Carol character from the walking dead doesnt speak a word, i did manage to do a few co-op missions, which were pretty fcukin awesome tbh

I like the loot and gear system, it's very.. rpg, and it's done with just enough flair that it's easy enough to get used to swapping stuff around. Already got a nifty carbine with a scope :)

edit: streaming a bit now if anyone's interested
    https://youtu.be/3jiEclXQ6VU

:)

Hopefully will get some time later if I can drag myself away from stardew valley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I got a mail from Ubisoft saying that I redeemed the Hazmat Gear Set, a pre-order extra. I never pre-ordered or bought The Division!

• Advertisement
Advertisement