Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Division

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

The gob****es are out in force already. blocking the door to the safe house and once I got into theres a dude standing at the laptop blocking anybody from activating themselves as an agent. So I'm 5 minutes in and can do nothing in the game. Standing in a Q waiting to activate and I'll be here all day. And the server keeps cutting out.

Nice one Ubi!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm playing now, if anyone fancies grouping up. Names Kiith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Been playing from 12 last night :D

I remember a poster question graphical fidelity....

Yes..... I'm running a 7950 and getting really goof frames, at medium to high settings, has to be said even on an nvidia optimised game, my games running insanely well.

Happy camper.

so i have to say anything else? I think it appears ubisoft have learned there mistakes from watch dogs in terms of down grading Graphics.

I love it its my first mmo and its awesome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I gotta say the laptop griefing at the start should have been picked up by the devs in testing. Twenty fecking minutes and multiple restarts to change server just to hold F at a specific spot. Very frustrating. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,397 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

KonFusion wrote: »
    I gotta say the laptop griefing at the start should have been picked up by the devs in testing. Twenty fecking minutes and multiple restarts to change server just to hold F at a specific spot. Very frustrating. :mad:

Yeah whatever about having a setup like that a month of two into the game when new characters arent clogging up start zones but bottle necking the beginning of a game like that at launch is just idiotic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Ubisoft when considering the design aspect of the agent registration bit.

"Know what everyone likes? Everyone like queues, that and waiting for stuff. So to make the game fun lets only have a single laptop for new players to register their agents so it can be "Immersive" for the players like everything is gone to **** and we ONLY have a single laptop working :D"

They also underestimated how assholish folks on the internet and online gaming can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Lol at civilized people waiting in line for an hour to use the laptop, glad i've not picked this up so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I assumed the laptop thing was a joke. I... just don't understand. The obvious way to handle this is that players should clip through one another and the laptop should be instanced so that it doesn't matter if someone else is using it. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I assumed the laptop thing was a joke. I... just don't understand. The obvious way to handle this is that players should clip through one another and the laptop should be instanced so that it doesn't matter if someone else is using it. The mind boggles.

Why have a laptop at all? Just have you walk into the room with the lady, and she activates you in the cutscene. Job done.

They could have done ANYTHING else.

I'm loving the game so far. Had a good run last night when grouped up with a mate, and it's definitely better playing with someone else. The gunplay is very satisfying, and getting long range head shots is a whole lot of fun. Story seems decent so far, and the random encounters are decent too. I'm sure they will get old if there's not much variance though, so we'll see how that goes.

Looking forward to trying the DZ later.

• Advertisement

KonFusion wrote: »
    Why have a laptop at all? Just have you walk into the room with the lady, and she activates you in the cutscene. Job done.

They could have done ANYTHING else.

This is also true. I presume the thinking was a setup for "laptops are important, you will use these for stuff in the game, here is an example". It's a stupid implementation anyway. Crazy stupid.

It's the same for everything in the game though, during co-op you have to queue to loot containers as due to the animation requiring the player model to be exactly in front of the container there's only room for one person to loot things at a time. Its a bizarre design decision, why not allow things to be looted from multiple directions + distance from them being a bit less constricing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I bought this and refunded during the Beta, and am now considering a return.

Should I?

Anyone confirm if it has improved since then?

Key points:

1 - Does it still have potato console quality graphics
    2 - Do the AI still need a full clip to kill
    3 - Crashes still ongoing?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The players do clip through each other I'm pretty sure, not sure how it ended being such an issue, laptop must be only able to be used one at a time?

CruelCoin wrote: »

1. Not sure how the graphics could have been considered console quality, even in the beta. It looks excellent as far as I'm concerned.
    2. AI are still kind of bullet sponges, but it's an RPG at heart, so that was always going to happen. It's fine though, as you can take them down quick enough with headshots.
    3. No crashes for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I bought this and refunded during the Beta, and am now considering a return.

Should I?

Anyone confirm if it has improved since then?

Key points:

I jumped on a while last night and found the ai could most certainly be considered sponges, was really disappointed and reminded me of those arcade shooters where you would face a wave defeat it, the screen would roll and face another wave,
    Just my first thoughts will give it a chance but at first glance meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Key points:

In beta the game looked excellent for me, and now in live I've been pretty impressed. I'm playing on High, getting a consistent 60FPS in helter skelter firefights. Pretty impressive looking to me
    Depends. For elites yes. But then this isn't a "shooter" in the CoD sense of the word. It's essentially a FPSMMORPG :D If it was realistic damage, then there would be no need for the indepth stats,traits,gearing etc. and it would just be another run of the mill shooter.
    Havn't had a crash, nor anyone from whom I'm playing with.

So far so good, definitly don't feel negative about it, even with the higher then normal RRP. From even only scratching the surface I've had some great firefights with friends, and looking forward to ploughing on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

For crashes - I had a few yesterday. But it was because I kept browsing while having the game running.

This, like many others seems to try and draw on too many resources when it is running in the background. It'll end up disconnecting when you do.

When running normally I didn't get a single disconnect.

Noxin wrote: »
    For crashes - I had a few yesterday. But it was because I kept browsing while having the game running.

This, like many others seems to try and draw on too many resources when it is running in the background. It'll end up disconnecting when you do.

When running normally I didn't get a single disconnect.

I'd a resource monitor open on my second screen out of interest while playing, does seem to be a hungry bugger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Kiith wrote: »
    1. Not sure how the graphics could have been considered console quality, even in the beta. It looks excellent as far as I'm concerned.
    TheDoc wrote: »
    In beta the game looked excellent for me, and now in live I've been pretty impressed. I'm playing on High, getting a consistent 60FPS in helter skelter firefights. Pretty impressive looking to me

What i mean is that the grapics quality took a sharp turn downward between the E3 demo and the Beta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rtDjZADidc

Wondering has it improved since the Beta, or is it another AAA console parity casualty?

Thats not to say it doesn't look good, but it looked better previously. This is like being promised a 500hp ferrari and being delivered a 300hp one instead. Both awesome, but clearly there is a difference.

If it's not improved then i'll buy it when Humble Bundle discounts it in a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it looks nothing like the e3 demo, it's around the same as it was in the beta, maybe a bit better

(using a GTX 970) running @ some high others ultra

that being said, it's a really decent game - ubisoft did the very same with watchdogs, they cant be trusted to deliver what they "promise" in terms on graphics on pc imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I know some people think this game isn't as good looking as the E3 demo, but I have to say it still looks pretty spectacular. The downgrade in Watch_Dogs was quite noticeable, but the release version of The Division comes very close to the original video. These screens are at the maximum settings in-game.

380010.jpg

380011.jpg

380012.jpg

380013.jpg

380015.jpg

Yeah it does look good, but it's nowhere near what was shown at E3

I know that sounds like i hate it, i dont - i've been playing it since launch, the atmosphere the game has is really really good.

The few issues i do have with the game are more to do with it being all over the place in terms of not really telling how stuff works, crafting, skills, perks, mods, talents etc.. You get a three screen tip for each of those and they dont explain fcuk all - i'd to literally google the firepower stat to get an idea of what i should be aiming (heh pun) for with weapons and gear.

Then ye have the disjointed story - ye obviously find out as ye go through but yeah, it's all over the place and there doesnt seem to be a way of getting it 100% in order at any time. Not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things but if it were a true RPG, and it's dressed up like one tbfh, it'd have that sorted from the start, also the character might actually say something the odd time, even grunt in pain when they die? Nope.

There, now all my cynicism is out of the way.

The weapons are deadly! Modding them is deadlier! Being able to knock the crap out of stuff your own level in the DZ is Deadliest!

Some low level sap tried to gank me at the extraction, chopper was there and all, slapped my ill-gotten gains onto the rope, and this clown goes rogue-rambo right in my face.. so i pistolwhipped him and got a bounty for nailing him too :D That, was hilarious!

Area voip is a great idea, unless you have some dick, sniffling and coughing at you like he's got the green plague himself and apparently it's default is always on.. bad, bad ubisoft.

Rikers are nuts and that's great!
    Cleaners are scary and that's also Great!
    Rioters are just dumb, oooh let me wave my pistol sideways and miss you deliberately while i run from heavy cover into a well-lit open area - still great, i love killing those guys!

The gunplay is awesome, really, best i've seen in a while, you know you have a great weapon when it kills stuff straight away, and the same when it doesnt, you know you need an upgrade :D
    Marksman rifles are really good, but nothing beats good old fashioned doublebarrel and a LMG for pure carnage, even the AR's and SMG's are decent.

I'd rate this a 90/100 tbh, it's got a lot of things i really enjoy and it's got a decent campaign to keep ye occupied for a long while.

I want a Steam key for this, but I don't want to pay €59.99. It can be gotten for under €40, but everywhere other than Steam gives you a UPlay key. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,593 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I want a Steam key for this, but I don't want to pay €59.99. It can be gotten for under €40, but everywhere other than Steam gives you a UPlay key. :(

You would have had to add the key to Uplay anyway, the difference is fairly minimal.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    You would have had to add the key to Uplay anyway, the difference is fairly minimal.

Oh I know that, but I want all of my games in Steam.

You can also add it to Steam as a non-Steam game. It won't update in Steam, but either way, it will have to launch via UPlay.

You can also add it to Steam as a non-Steam game. It won't update in Steam, but either way, it will have to launch via UPlay.

Ah I know, I'm kinda being a sap. But I suppose just like some people like to buy physical copies, I like to have all of my games in once place; tied to my Steam account. A single, convenient catalogue. It's bad enough that BF4 and Mass Effect 3 are already living over in Origin where I keep forgetting about them. :pac:

Might it be possible that post E3, when it came to doing stress and performance testing, it became apparent there was stability, lag and performance issues with running a FPSMMORPG with such high visuals?

Gonna be online for a few hours later, if anyone fancies teaming up and trying some Dark Zone (around lvl10 at the moment).
    Ah I know, I'm kinda being a sap. But I suppose just like some people like to buy physical copies, I like to have all of my games in once place; tied to my Steam account. A single, convenient catalogue. It's bad enough that BF4 and Mass Effect 3 are already living over in Origin where I keep forgetting about them. :pac:

Believe me, if i could have everything in Steam and ignore UPlay/Origin all together, i'd be just as happy. Though i do kind of think Origin is better than Steam (from a functional point of view).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any thoughts on longevity guys, what do you do at max level etc?

Dcully wrote: »
    Any thoughts on longevity guys, what do you do at max level etc?

Not sure - dont even know what the max level is, (24 atm after 3 solid days of play and about 3/4 the way through the map's missions and sidequests) but i'd say darkzone and gearing up ala the diablo-like loot system. Pretty sure there's gonna be dlc for this too

If you're just playing in the evenings and weekends i'd say this'd last a few weeks at least. That's without any endgame content

Not sure - dont even know what the max level is, (24 atm after 3 solid days of play and about 3/4 the way through the map's missions and sidequests) but i'd say darkzone and gearing up ala the diablo-like loot system. Pretty sure there's gonna be dlc for this too

If you're just playing in the evenings and weekends i'd say this'd last a few weeks at least. That's without any endgame content

Current cap is 30 but also they haven't said they won't be raising it in any of the dlc expansions. As far as end game there's hard modes of every main mission that scale to your level, they also are gonna release some end game raid like content for free and as part of the dlc.

Also there's the dark zone

Decided to take a plunge on this yesterday. I was a bit dubious because my laptop is due an upgrade, but the performance seems to have been significantly improved compared to the beta! I'm enjoying it a lot, still only like level 5 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I finally got home to my PC yesterday to play this...oh boy! The intro is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

What are people thoughts so far, have not bought yet but from what I see it looks good...

I really enjoy it. Didn't get much time on it over the weekend (as i managed to get my hands on Skies of Arcadia for the Gamecube :P), but i've put about 15 hours in so far. Gunplay is excellent, and the game world is very well designed. It can be fantastic fun with a party, and slightly less so when solo'ing (imo). Story is decent so far, with some great little additions like CCTV footage (which are kind of freaky at times) and background info on the virus/events after it was released.

Definitely worth the €40 or so i spent on it. I may even get the season pass.

Glebee wrote: »
    What are people thoughts so far, have not bought yet but from what I see it looks good...

Basically agree with Kiith above. I paid €40 for it and am finding it a bargain at that price. I've around 11 hours put in and it's quite engaging. The combat mechanics are good; the weapon handling satisfying; the actual design of the world is good; the backstory is engaging; the PVP in the dark zone is, in my opinion, very well executed (though I know some disagree).

I feel like I'll finish it and still want more, which is very rare for me these days. Most games go unfinished and leave me with a mild, nagging sense that I really should go back and complete them at some point but I'm not arsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

I really enjoy it. Didn't get much time on it over the weekend (as i managed to get my hands on Skies of Arcadia for the Gamecube :P), but i've put about 15 hours in so far. Gunplay is excellent, and the game world is very well designed. It can be fantastic fun with a party, and slightly less so when solo'ing (imo). Story is decent so far, with some great little additions like CCTV footage (which are kind of freaky at times) and background info on the virus/events after it was released.

Definitely worth the €40 or so i spent on it. I may even get the season pass.

How demanding does it appear to be on PCs??

Glebee wrote: »
    How demanding does it appear to be on PCs??

It's not too bad for the size of the world. My ageing laptop is running it, albeit with most things on low. It still looks well and the frame rate is very stable.

• Advertisement

It's running well for me, though the machine runs pretty hot while playing it. i5 3500k (iirc) and a r9 290.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

running smooth on 60 fps everywhere I go on high settings with a 970 :D very good game, put in about 10 hours over the weekend playing through story and side missions etc..there's so many of them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

How are the controls - is it better played with keyboard & mouse rather than a controller?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    How are the controls - is it better played with keyboard & mouse rather than a controller?

A shooter? With a controller? What is this I don't even... :pac:

A shooter? With a controller? What is this I don't even... :pac:

I know I know silly question problably but it's 3rd person rather than 1st. :)

I'd certainly advocate keyboard and mouse. ;)

mate of mine was playing it on his tv with a controller - his aim was bogawful, but it's doable. Depends on your playstyle, whichever you're more comfortable using, but yeah, mouse/kb for quick pinpoint accuracy, controller for meh whatever it's a machinegun it'll eventually kill something! :D

Cheers chaps. Yeah, no brainer using a mouse for aiming accuracy, I think I was just wondering how the other elements feel with a keyb - like the cover system or jumping - assuming there's some sort of snap to wall key you have to press etc (playing too much Uncharted I guess. :pac:). It's also a good bit cheaper on PC too.

Cheers chaps. Yeah, no brainer using a mouse for aiming accuracy, I think I was just wondering how the other elements feel with a keyb - like the cover system or jumping - assuming there's some sort of snap to wall key you have to press etc (playing too much Uncharted I guess. :pac:). It's also a good bit cheaper on PC too.

Spacebar for moving from cover to cover; F to interact with stuff; Ctrl to jump over things; mount ladders or drop off ledges; Q and E to use your abilities; V for grenades. That's all the important stuff, it's pretty intuitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Anybody else here invented code words for the Dark Zone, or is it just me and the lads I play with? :D

If you hear anybody talking about 'going banana', my advice is to run! :pac:

Advertisement