Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Kaôh Rōng(US)-[**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Can't believe I haven't posted in here yet this season! Loving it so far. So many great characters. Really need to post my thoughts on each episode (I'll get around to it at some point).

Is it weird that I am looking at all the props and thinking "I'm going to buy you and you .... oh and you :P"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Nearly all the characters that I have either liked or picked to win have been torpedoed, of those remaining Tai and Aubrey have the most well rounded edits and are likeable so hoping they go far.

A complete cluster you know what of a season, unusually entertaining though, anybodies game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Aaaannnddd yet another person I like is gone, Tai is seriously stupid, clearly has a lack of how to play the game

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

astonaidan wrote: »
    Aaaannnddd yet another person I like is gone, Tai is seriously stupid, clearly has a lack of how to play the game

Nick was being a douche and deserved to go (maybe not as much as Jason or Scot, but still needed to go soon).

Not really sure what Tai is playing at at the moment, but he could turn out to be a mastermind yet - there's so much we don't see of what goes on, that it seems a bit of a coincidence that Tai spoke about the super-idol at tribal and then preceded to vote Jason, so there could be more going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I kind of liked Nick oddly. Arrogant sh1t tbf, but I'd take him winning it over Cydney, Debbie, Joe or Aubry tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Well if there was ever a vote out richly deserved that was it! What a game unaware player Nick was this week..

Nick was being a douche and deserved to go (maybe not as much as Jason or Scot, but still needed to go soon).

Not really sure what Tai is playing at at the moment, but he could turn out to be a mastermind yet - there's so much we don't see of what goes on, that it seems a bit of a coincidence that Tai spoke about the super-idol at tribal and then preceded to vote Jason, so there could be more going on there.
    Oh I think he didnt do great today, in the challenge shouldnt have said anything, way to cocky. I dont see Tai being a mastermind, if I had to pick a winner, I think one of the pretty girls
    titan18 wrote: »
    I kind of liked Nick oddly. Arrogant sh1t tbf, but I'd take him winning it over Cydney, Debbie, Joe or Aubry tbh
    100% agree, he was arrogant, but I actually think he was a nice person, he kinda had that open honestly. Arrogant yes, but no where in the Jason terms of arrogant

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cydney is a seriously great looking woman, enjoying this season so far, hope we get a Survivor Auction this season.

That was a cracking episode,epic tribal.Operation Sabotage...missing axes and machetes,dousing flames...lol.Feel a bit sorry for Tai,did'nt see him signing up for the bully boys.Pretty adept at quenching the fire nonetheless.

Surprised the gals and Joe did'nt hang tough,I suppose they were on the outs in terms of the power of the combined HIIs.They were aware the boys had the HIIs.Splitting the vote was a big risk.. and I certainly would'nt trust Julia.It will interesting to see if Scott and Jason can truly turn her to the dark side.I suspect they will.

Joe is the ultimate goat,zero contribution to the game.

seligehgit wrote: »
    That was a cracking episode,epic tribal.Operation Sabotage...missing axes and machetes,dousing flames...lol.Feel a bit sorry for Tai,did'nt see him signing up for the bully boys.Pretty adept at quenching the fire nonetheless.

Surprised the gals and Joe did'nt hang tough,I suppose they were on the outs in terms of the power of the combined HIIs.They were aware the boys had the HIIs.Splitting the vote was a big risk.. and I certainly would'nt trust Julia.It will interesting to see if Scott and Jason can truly turn her to the dark side.I suspect they will.

Joe is the ultimate goat,zero contribution to the game.

Oh God, Im still laughing seriously brilliant tribal. What ever Ive said about the boys, that tribal made up for it hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Those three ****!"

:P

Great quote.

Kirby wrote: »
    "Those three ****!"

:P

Great quote.
    They didn't censor it either :D

Great episode, superidol is way overpowered though, unless they manage to lure Tai away from Scott and Jason and leave them idol-less, that would be hilarious.

Funny how often the person who absolutely has to win immunity or go home wins it in Survivor, its happened so often down the years, even when they dont know they're in danger.

Thargor wrote: »
    Funny how often the person who absolutely has to win immunity or go home wins it in Survivor, its happened so often down the years, even when they dont know they're in danger.

I know its not a great example today, but usually they are physical threats so favourites to go on a streak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Totally forgot there are a lot of Survivor lovers here on boards. Really enjoying the season, Cidney is a fox - yes please. Debbie did my head in. I like Tai and Scot.

Entertaining episode/season, disjointed editing (unsurprising), creative challenge, all to play for, comma.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Totally forgot there are a lot of Survivor lovers here on boards. Really enjoying the season, Cidney is a fox - yes please. Debbie did my head in. I like Tai and Scot.
    Cydney doesn't like it when you spell her name wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Ding dong the witch is dead! Debbie was trying way too hard to make moves instead over going with the flow. I think the 3 boys might be able to turn things around now so the rest will regret not splitting the votes and getting rid of them before Debbie and flushing out the idols.

It is certainly one of the best recent seasons with all the dominant characters getting picked off one after another in blindsides.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

ElNino wrote: »
    Ding dong the witch is dead! Debbie was trying way too hard to make moves instead over going with the flow. I think the 3 boys might be able to turn things around now so the rest will regret not splitting the votes and getting rid of them before Debbie and flushing out the idols.

It is certainly one of the best recent seasons with all the dominant characters getting picked off one after another in blindsides.
    Not sure about this as the uncertainty over Julia meant that this would have been a risky move for the group as a whole. It needed a 3-3-3 vote to work and the edit implied that Julia was on the fence as a swing vote.

Wether it was better to roll the dice then versus the position they're in now is a tricky one. Cydney could be gone and Aubry and Michelle could be stuck with a stubborn Debbie and Joe in their battle against the other 4 plus a super idol.

Cydney, Aubry and Michelle now have to convince Tai to turn his back on the "dark side" where he's the third wheel in a villainous group and join them instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Haha! Tai you absolute legend! Karma is a bitch Scot, and Jason lost his idol, so bad karma his way too. If Tai gets to the final 3, he should win on that blindside alone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Great move in terms of tv but bad move in terms of the game, he has a target on his back now with the reward he got. No chance of him making it to final 3 imo after that but great to see him have the balls to what he did at tribal. Jason, Julia and Joe will be picked off and Tai will get to f4 and then Cydney, Aubry and Michelle will battle it out F3 when they turn on him and go with a female final.

Terrible move by Tai, the game was his to lose and wow he went about losing it. No way he wins now, final three with Jason and Scott and he had it in the bag, now he will probably go in 2 weeks time. Just terrible play

astonaidan wrote: »
    Terrible move by Tai, the game was his to lose and wow he went about losing it. No way he wins now, final three with Jason and Scott and he had it in the bag, now he will probably go in 2 weeks time. Just terrible play

Yeah it was a truly awful move for his game,he was a certain winner up against the two bad boys.Now it's a real possibilty that it will play out pretty much as Axwell mentioned with a final three of Aubry,Michelle and Cydney.I don't think Tai could ultimately stay loyal to the guys who were never comfortable bedfellows,polar opposite mindsets to our inherently decent former refugee.He might even have tolerated their obnoxiousness if they took into account his opinions in relation to their decision making.

Real wow moment at tribal,Tai is a serious competitor at challenges but Aubry is really smart and tough competitor,ditto Cydney and Michelle is a real candidate,she has made very few if any enemies.Joe has contributed nothing to the game,Julia's duplicity will catch up on her.Jason will have to do a lot of scrambling and eat a whole lot of humble pie.One of the Survivor life lessons is you just can't get too comfortable with your position within the game,ask Scott!:pac:

The big question is will Aubry reward Tai's move,there is an element of kindred spirits about them that may encourage an element of payback on Aubry's part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Tai you leg! Still has his idol and a extra vote. If he gets past next week, remember he still has his idol he has a great chance to make final 3.
    Biggest move in the game this year. Bonus points cos the chicken lives to fight another day! :) (can't remember the name he gave the chicken)

Edit:also the gruesome twosome said they would get rid of him as soon as it was safe to do so, don't know why people think he would be better off with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Can't believe Tai actually did that, I was laughing like a lunatic when I realised he wasn't going to save Scot. With an idol and an extra vote in his pocket you would imagine that despite turning his back on his alliance that he'd be safe enough, but he is now Aubry's to manipulate. Very curious to find out how she plays the next vote!

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Cydney, Aubry and Michelle now have to convince Tai to turn his back on the "dark side" where he's the third wheel in a villainous group and join them instead.
    And it worked!!! Wasn't too surprised with the move from Tai to be honest. Since the merge, the edit has really put Aubrey front and center so I think she's nailed on as a finalist and a likely winner. The only way that was going to happen was if Taiwan flipped.

Aubrey and Joe in a final 2?

She's looking like a very strong contender at this stage. Possibly too big a threat. Her efforts in both physical challenges should not go unnoticed.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    And it worked!!! Wasn't too surprised with the move from Tai to be honest. Since the merge, the edit has really put Aubrey front and center so I think she's nailed on as a finalist and a likely winner. The only way that was going to happen was if Taiwan flipped.

Aubrey and Joe in a final 2?

She's looking like a very strong contender at this stage. Possibly too big a threat. Her efforts in both physical challenges should not go unnoticed.

I dont like Aubrey, but I see her winning, she already has at least two votes on the bench, 3 if you include Debbie who is likely to want a brain/woman to win.

Great tv from Tai but not great strategy, then again both goons probably considered him disposable and too likeable for final 3 with them anyway so maybe it was better to neutralise their idol and take one of them out at this stage, should be a good Ponderosa when Tai goes...

Great episode, not a bad season so far, give us some proper challenges instead of endless balancing/endurace though, and bring back Survivor Auction.

If Tai had done a u-turn and gave Scot the idol after voting against him in the first place he probably would have been voted out himself in the revote.

Scot has also confirmed that they would have tried to bring Julia to the final 3 over Tai as they were well aware of how likeable he was.

I think Tai was stuck between a rock and a hard place anyway. Hard to tell who he has the better chance against in a final 4.

• Advertisement

Not overly enamoured with this season, don't really care who wins it, the med evacs really scuppered what was shaping up to be a fun game.

Advertisement