Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Kaôh Rōng(US)-[**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Not the best episode by any means,disappointed that Michelle and Cydney took the safe option.Jason is doomed,Joe is an ideal goat for final 3.There's got be an attempted blindside of Tai in the offing.Aubry and Cydney are running the show as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That felt like the first proper 'dud' episode of the entire season which is crazy considering how close we are until the end.

Felt like the right move for both Cydney and certainly Michelle.

Aubrey really hasn't put a foot wrong since writing down Julias name before deciding to cross it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

They built up so much tension in tribal, thought it was the perfect opp to get Audrey and Tai's idol at the same time, then they vote Julia. Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Although I never doubted that Cydney/Michele wouldn't flip, I was still left wondering whether Tai would misplay his idol or not.

Tai's chickens have come home to roost, their really has been some awful game this season, if its being to afraid to make moves or getting rid of people like Jason who in all fairness wasnt going to win.
    I see Tai playing the idol in the next round and Cydney maybe going(or at least thats who Id target, going by some of the moves they could just take out Joe :pac:)
    Whats funny is Jason was a lot better player when he wasnt on top, came into his own more and was very good at challengers,
    I really dont see Michelle as the threat they are talking about, dont see how she beats Aubrey, Cydney or Tai

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    Tai's chickens have come home to roost, their really has been some awful game this season, if its being to afraid to make moves or getting rid of people like Jason who in all fairness wasnt going to win.
    I see Tai playing the idol in the next round and Cydney maybe going(or at least thats who Id target, going by some of the moves they could just take out Joe :pac:)
    Whats funny is Jason was a lot better player when he wasnt on top, came into his own more and was very good at challengers,
    I really dont see Michelle as the threat they are talking about, dont see how she beats Aubrey, Cydney or Tai

It was a really bad move by Tai to assume the alpha male role,it's a role that does not sit well on his shoulders...That diktat that Michelle was for the chop really was a schoolboy error,Cydney and co don't take kindly to been bossed around.

Not sure if Jason could'nt have turned things around,he had become a less abrasive more likeable character whilst in a powerless position.He really showed up at the challenges.

Agreed Michelle is hardly a threat for the win,ditto the ultimate goat Joe...valiant effort :pac:.Ideal final 3 opponents.So it's down to Tai,Cydney and Aubry for the win.Tai is bound to be pretty pissed off post that vote and is likely to target one of those two.He's still in a powerful position with the 2 HIIs if he does'nt head home courtesy of a blindside ala James Clement.

seligehgit wrote: »
    It was a really bad move by Tai to assume the alpha male role,it's a role that does not sit well on his shoulders...That diktat that Michelle was for the chop really was a schoolboy error,Cydney and co don't take kindly to been bossed around.

Not sure if Jason could'nt have turned things around,he had become a less abrasive more likeable character whilst in a powerless position.He really showed up at the challenges.

Agreed Michelle is hardly a threat for the win,ditto the ultimate goat Joe...valiant effort :pac:.Ideal final 3 opponents.So it's down to Tai,Cydney and Aubry for the win.Tai is bound to be pretty pissed off post that vote and is likely to target one of those two.He's still in a powerful position with the 2 HIIs if he does'nt head home courtesy of a blindside ala James Clement.
    He only has one idol, I think Scott took it home with him. Will be a bit boring now that Jason is gone, no one else has any sort of personality, Ill cheer on Michelle cause shes hot and if she doesnt Id like Aubrey, any other winner would make it even more meh end for me

Yeah Michelle is hot but that's not sufficient reason to deserve the win. I'd like Tai to win it but I think he may ultimately be blindsided. Slight preference for Aubrey over Cydney for the win but I can't say I've warmed to either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The hidden immunity idol can't be played when there is less than 5 players remaining so Tai will have to play it next week. I guess that means that Michele is a goner next week unless she wins immunity. If she does win immunity then I guess Joe will go.

Tai will be gone as the fourth last player in a fortnight unless he wins immunity.

What would be interesting is if Tai wins immunity next week would he give the hidden immunity idol to Michele and blindside either Cydney or Aubrey?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

goat.png

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed that episode in spite of the absence of a tribal council,the primary emphasis of the episode was on human relationships.All the mending of bridges between Tai and Aubrey counted for nothing after his initial overtures towards Michelle and a cool plan to pull out the HII and potentially take out Cydney.It could have come off as who'd have believed these apparent sworn enemies could work together.

Cydney spotting an opportunity to bring in Michelle and Tai to take out Aubrey after Tai and Aubrey got a tad too chummy.Our goat friend's ^^ lol :D medical evacuation scuppered all the plotting and scheming from creating the usual and unpredictable air of intrigue and suspense at tribal.Drat too much protein...loved the line,get the job done @ 71#.Mawkish ending but he'd a brilliant and tension filled win at the RC.

Joe's exit has weakened Aubrey's strong hand,lots of scrambling for new alliances.Potential pairings of Aubrey/Tai v Cydney/Michelle.The finale should be epic.Hard to believe this season has produced the most medical evacuations in Survivor history!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

seligehgit wrote: »
    .loved the line,get the job done @ 71#

The phrase is "getting it done at 71".

Pretty average episode in the end with no TC, all the plotting could have been interesting to see how it played out. Was kind of funny everyone rushing for reward and Joe being so slow they had all used their attempts and he was still plodding along, if the task wasnt as difficult as it was I would nearly have been shouting fix at the tv the way Joe has been so non existent all season and then in one episode he is the centre of everything that happens. Can't see Tai going any further now his idol is gone and seems setup for Michelle to win at this stage and has for a few episodes now. Will be very surprised if its not F3 of all the girls and Michelle doesn't get it.

Can't see Michelle getting the votes over Aubrey. I think Aubrey wins whoever she's sitting beside.

I do think it will be a final 2 featuring these two though.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Can't see Michelle getting the votes over Aubrey. I think Aubrey wins whoever she's sitting beside.

I do think it will be a final 2 featuring these two though.

She's a strong candidate to win,2 guaranteed votes on the jury in Neal and Joe.Even the brawn lads would be most probably throw their votes her way.Might be a few votes on the jury for Tai and Cydney,not so sure about Michelle.She's largely rode on the coattails of others without instigating any big moves and been at the bottom of the food chain.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its an unfortunate part of Survivor that when you watch it a lot the editing can be a bit foreshadowing and I feel this ones pointing to Michelle. She has been getting the winners edit for weeks, shes in lots of confessionals and everything for her is going well. She has a good social game and hasn't pissed anyone off, even when her and Tai had issues they worked it out. She didnt sit on a tribal for the first 24 days and that puzzle challenge she won she absolutely beasted it. Everything in Aubrey's confessionals is about things going wrong for her, alliances breaking up, not trusting people, Joe going home.I wouldn't completely rule out Aubrey and I would be happy enough if she won but the edits favour Michelle right now, but Tai and Cydney don't have a chance. If its final 3 and they are in with Michelle or Aubrey they don't even get a vote, if its final two then they wont be involved...so neither of them has any hope. If I was betting on it my money would be on Michelle for sure.

I'd be pretty disappointed if Michelle won the million bucks as I believe overall she has been the weakest player of the final 4.Yeah sure she's is a pleasant individual with the advantage of her undoubted beauty.

However it's easy to make few enemies when you don't make any big moves,win few challenges.She may outlast the others but I'm not sure she will have done it much as a result of her play to outwit and outplay the others.On numerous occasions she was on the outs in terms of the votes and relying on others to survive another vote.Heck she'll probably go out and kick ass in the final IC but I can't help but think she will be a less than worthy winner who won't go down on one of great Survivor players who bossed their season.

All the others have played far more significant roles in strategizing and have been more prominent in challenges.The edit possibly points to a win for sweet as american pie Michelle but Aubrey imo would be a far more worthy sole survivor.

Michelle is so what you think when you think American sweet heart :D
    Her voice though, she sounds like a kid whos been asked to speak infront of the class :pac:
    Still Id like her or Aubrey to win for different reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Michelle is only a slight cut above Joe. Absolute non entity and it will be the biggest nonsense in years if she wins.

Tai may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but atleast he has played. Ditto for Cydney. Aubrey has played more than the lot of them.

I can't abide coasters. And Michelle is that for sure. Cydney has carried her so hard.

Axwell wrote: »
    Its an unfortunate part of Survivor that when you watch it a lot the editing can be a bit foreshadowing and I feel this ones pointing to Michelle. She has been getting the winners edit for weeks, shes in lots of confessionals and everything for her is going well. She has a good social game and hasn't pissed anyone off, even when her and Tai had issues they worked it out. She didnt sit on a tribal for the first 24 days and that puzzle challenge she won she absolutely beasted it. Everything in Aubrey's confessionals is about things going wrong for her, alliances breaking up, not trusting people, Joe going home.I wouldn't completely rule out Aubrey and I would be happy enough if she won but the edits favour Michelle right now, but Tai and Cydney don't have a chance. If its final 3 and they are in with Michelle or Aubrey they don't even get a vote, if its final two then they wont be involved...so neither of them has any hope. If I was betting on it my money would be on Michelle for sure.
    Michelle's edit has puzzled me alright. Lots of air time with little or no substance. I just don't see where she'll get the votes from. It's not like she had a stellar social game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Michelle's edit has puzzled me alright. Lots of air time with little or no substance. I just don't see where she'll get the votes from. It's not like she had a stellar social game.

With a surname like Fitzgerald maybe she will get Jason's vote as the Irish stick together :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh ye of little faith :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Not that disappointed with the result and a good season overall. Liked the voting off the jury twist and the right choice was definitely made. Think his reaction to it actually helped her in the final vote.

Tai once again showed he has no concept of the game and was an absolute disaster in the reunion show. I'm sure he's not complaining about being up $50k thanks to that lunatic singer.

Next season looks like it could be interesting or it could go down the lines of a lot of these token concepts and become pointless when they mix the tribes up after 3 tribals.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

Wtf....can't believe the way the vote went. I was going for Sydney all along and thought Aubry should of winning of the 3 left. Think Aubrey should have mentioned something about how all her closest alies were evacuated.....
    and what was with the mad bit with your wan with the hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Legitimately shocked, a well telegraphed edit, congrats to Michelle, her likeability being her strongest suit.

noveltea wrote: »
    and what was with the mad bit with your wan with the hair.

That's Sia, shes a famous singer. She doesn't show her face on stage or camera, its kind of her "thing" as she hates the fame and celebrity gossip online. Bit random of her coming up on stage though, I was fully expecting them to reunite Tai and Mark since it was the reunion show. You will see all contestants now trying to save the chickens in the hope someone gives them 50k!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Axwell wrote: »
    That's Sia, shes a famous singer. She doesn't show her face on stage or camera, its kind of her "thing" as she hates the fame and celebrity gossip online. Bit random of her coming up on stage though, I was fully expecting them to reunite Tai and Mark since it was the reunion show. You will see all contestants now trying to save the chickens in the hope someone gives them 50k!

Off topic, I would say it’s less to do with the fame issue and more to do with how she looks, as it would be a hindrance to her making her break in the States/Worldwide at her age. Found that whole thing last night a bit weird and awkward.

Noticed watching the survivor price is right bit that Woo is wearing a Conor McGregor shirt during it. He’s hit the big time now… :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm glad Michelle won - I had been rooting for her pretty much since the merge. Decent finale, but I thought the reunion show was one of the worst we've seen - the reunion seems to get shorter every year, so they don't get time to discuss anything important.

Tai lost the game when he got rid of Scott, he had so much power right then.
    Im happy for Michelle not often a hottie wins.
    Little sad for Aubrey she was the best player

Genuinely shocked with that result. Even with that positive edit I'm surprised that Michelle got the votes.

Feels odd to have someone appear to be in complete control of the second half of the game and not win. Maybe Aubrey didn't do enough to convey her strengths to the jury.

Thought the finale was pretty tense and gripping but that was more because I thought Aubrey had it wrapped up if she got through the fire making challenge.

Decent season but I feel a little short changed now.

• Advertisement

Genuinely shocked with that result. Even with that positive edit I'm surprised that Michelle got the votes.

Feels odd to have someone appear to be in complete control of the second half of the game and not win. Maybe Aubrey didn't do enough to convey her strengths to the jury.

Thought the finale was pretty tense and gripping but that was more because I thought Aubrey had it wrapped up if she got through the fire making challenge.

Decent season but I feel a little short changed now.

I always feel robbed when someone like her wins.
    Like Parvati was the perfect hottie winner. Michelle will be one of those winners we will forget about, shes similar to Sandra Diaz, just wasnt really a worthy winner. Same applies to Natalie White, its crazy to think these two women won when Russell got to the final 3.

Advertisement