Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit due to expire - How do I go about getting a new one?

Options
  • 21-01-2016 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

So as the title of my question suggests, my debit card is set to expire next month (2/16) and I was just wondering if I need to go to my local branch to obtain a new one or is one sent automatically before the month is out?

Does the card expire at the start of February or at the end of February just in case a new card doesn't arrive in time? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

That_Guy wrote: »
    Hi there,

So as the title of my question suggests, my debit card is set to expire next month (2/16) and I was just wondering if I need to go to my local branch to obtain a new one or is one sent automatically before the month is out?

Does the card expire at the start of February or at the end of February just in case a new card doesn't arrive in time? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

They send it out automatically. Your old card will expire at the end of feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Morning,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.ie. As correctly pointed out by Miaireland your card will work until the end of the month printed on the card. As your expiry date is 02/16 you will receive your new card in the first two weeks of February.
    Your PIN will remain the same, please bring your card to any ATM which displays the VISA symbol to activate it. You will not be able to use your new card online or in a shop until you activate it.

Thanks, and if you have any other queries please let us know.

Evie

Advertisement