Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon fulfillment USA

Options
  • 21-01-2016 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of using Amazon FBA in the USA and can you share any tips specifically around customs/taxes etc as a non resident importer? I plan on sending a small amount to test selling there - via DHL Air (my manufacturer will do this for no extra)- value will be approx 1.5k (USD)- will this low amount excuse me as such from any regulations? My manufacturer will look after all the barcoding etc also.

I understand I need to fill out a W9-BEN form- that's fine. getting the stuff there- no issue. But I want to make sure in terms of customs requirements I don't overlook anything as a non resident importer - the manufacturer is in India. Will a cert of origin (form A) ensure no customs duty is due as in Ireland? As I'm using DHL express will they act as a customs broker? What paperwork does my manufacturer need to include with the freight? He should know- he does this all the time for American clients but I don't want to go with the flow as he sent the wrong paperwork for an Irish shipment before.

Any help/advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

Hi MizMix,

I'm curious how you have progressed in your Amazon venture 2+ years on? I am just starting out and would appreciate any advice or knowledge you could share? I have watched plenty of videos online but there is nothing much from the perspective of sellers like us.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Hi, I didn't do it long term as my market space is over saturated. I hired a freelancer who looked after my listings and SEO of them but for me i just about broke even selling my stock on amazon. I'll potentially look at it in the future but its incredibly cut throat and I didn't have the capacity to focus on it

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

Ok, Thanks for your honest reply. I suppose I'm just trying my best to be optimistic but realistic about it. My profit margin is not huge on my product, but I am just in it for now to learn and fail forward (I'm going to keep trying until I figure it out basically). I really want it to work out and potentially replace my current career, but who knows. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes and hopefully you can pick up on something again down the road. Best of luck!

Advertisement