Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting a PV inverter to "on-grid".

• 22-01-2016 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Anyone has any information on how to proceed with connecting an ABB Power inverter to the grid,please !?

Who do I call or who's authorised & skilled in doing the paper work and the wiring!?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭freddyuk

It may be better to run your posts in one Thread so people can follow the project from start to finish?
    You need to follow the guidelines here:
    conditions_governing_the_connection_and_operation_of_microgeneration_131106.pdf
    And complete application form N6 from ESB
    You then need certified inverter per the above and the installation signed off by a qualified electrician.
    If you choose not to do this then the risks are onerous and the penalties life changing so best to do it correctly even though the oversight from ESB can be less than adequate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

Not all the ABB range is certified for the Irish market at present. Just the 2kw, 2.5kw and 6kw units. The 3.6 to 4.2kw size have an EN50438 cert, but not with the unique Irish variants tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

freddyuk wrote: »
    It may be better to run your posts in one Thread so people can follow the project from start to finish?
    You need to follow the guidelines here:
    conditions_governing_the_connection_and_operation_of_microgeneration_131106.pdf
    And complete application form N6 from ESB
    You then need certified inverter per the above and the installation signed off by a qualified electrician.
    If you choose not to do this then the risks are onerous and the penalties life changing so best to do it correctly even though the oversight from ESB can be less than adequate.

Thanks for the info,appreciated.
    I have download it n reading it now.
    Re thread,not sure...
    Not all the ABB range is certified for the Irish market at present. Just the 2kw, 2.5kw and 6kw units. The 3.6 to 4.2kw size have an EN50438 cert, but not with the unique Irish variants tested.

I have a quote for the 6Kw with DC switch unit and the PVI desktop unit.
    Thanks for the info,appreciated.

Hi,

A quick update: filled and sent by Post the application on Friday.
    Received response today, very impressed so far.

In the letter is mentioning that there is no payment for FiT as today and that I have to pay a fee for "installation of the Import/Export meter".
    Also, the worrying thing for me is that I need "an Electrical Contractor submission of Wiring Completion Certificate"...

So...not sure to do It NOW or wait until someone with "political balls" will decide r not on the FiT !?

Thanks.

Hi,

A quick update: filled and sent by Post the application on Friday.
    Received response today, very impressed so far.

In the letter is mentioning that there is no payment for FiT as today and that I have to pay a fee for "installation of the Import/Export meter".
    Also, the worrying thing for me is that I need "an Electrical Contractor submission of Wiring Completion Certificate"...

So...not sure to do It NOW or wait until someone with "political balls" will decide r not on the FiT !?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Quote:
    Unquote....

You do not need to buy a import /export meter so this is just a throw back to the days when there was a "net metered payment".

If you run your life based on the whims and promises of politicians then saving a few Euro on the PV is going to be an insignificance. Make up your mind on the economic, moral and lifestyle benefits and if a FIT system is introduced and excludes the early adopters you can write to your political representative and complain how unfair it is for an honest taxpayer to be treated so badly.

Quote:
    Unquote....

You do not need to buy a import /export meter so this is just a throw back to the days when there was a "net metered payment".

If you run your life based on the whims and promises of politicians then saving a few Euro on the PV is going to be an insignificance. Make up your mind on the economic, moral and lifestyle benefits and if a FIT system is introduced and excludes the early adopters you can write to your political representative and complain how unfair it is for an honest taxpayer to be treated so badly.

Advertisement