Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buffalo Bills Thread

• 22-01-2016 3:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I am new here, but I didn't see a Buffalo Bills thread, and since that is the team I have been rooting for since 1989... I thought I would create one. I am a Buffalo Bills fan, but I am also a fan of football. I am Canadian, and I moved to Ireland just over a year ago. I know the Bills get laughed at a lot, and I have definitely been the target of ridicule, but I do not change my team because they have it tough. I am there through the good and the bad. For the Bills, it means another year outside looking in at the Super Bowl, but they did have a lot of bright spots in 2015. Looking forward to more in 2016.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Welcome, Razor. Good to see fans of the more unusual teams represented. 4 or 5 of us are active on the Vikings thread, and we had quite the journey this year.

Yeah, the Bills have reasons for optimism. You have a dual-threat quarter back with a high ceiling (but a low floor). Ronald Darby has really beefed up the secondary, but I think the pass rush was not as good as it could have been. On offense, the line was quite good as I think it gave Taylor some time to do his thing.

I say all this without too much authority. Highlights for half the games, game pass for the other half don't always tell the story.

I would say they could go either way. Another good pass rusher and maybe another option for Tyrod to throw the ball to, along with QB progression, and you guys are fringe playoff contenders. But it is not too difficult to see a scenario where Ryan doesn't push the team on and you guys struggle in a tough division. Jets and Pats are genuine Top 10 teams, and the Dolphins could rebuild.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Dual post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

What are you thoughts on the #BillsMafia and their antics this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RazorMcBlade

Defensive system change made the D not as good in 2015, Schwartz should have been retained and allowed to run the Defense his way. Ryan's scheme didn't fit the players. So defensive help is definitely needed. The O-Line progressed well as did Taylor. I agree, I would love to see another receiving threat out there, perhaps the draft if they can't entice a decent free agent. Too bad Marvin Jones went to Detroit, he would have been a great compliment to Watkins. McCoy could have some issues playing this season but Karlos Williams and Mike Gillislee should hold it down pretty good. I am not a fan of having both Ryan's in the building, but I can't control that. Just have to hope for the best. Jets need a QB if Fitzpatrick signs with like Denver, so I will wait, but the Bills handled the AFC East fairly well last year only losses were to the Pats, so that's pretty good. Some games they let get away due to penalties too. So it will be interesting to see what 2016 does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Welcome Razor.

Now, lets go have a god damn snack!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭coco0981

Looks like Sammy Watkins has broken a bone in his foot. Along with Shaq Lawson needing surgery its not been a great day for Rex

Advertisement