Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Overdue

Options
  • 22-01-2016 6:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi

I got a bill of over 200 Euros and as it's overdue at the moment, I was wondering if I could do a long term payment plan please? Especially as there is no way I can pay it out in full at the moment thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Sapphire3,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We would need to check your account to see what type of payment plan we could offer. These are normally a maximum of eight weeks depending on when your next bill is. Have you ever considered a Pay As You Go meter?

We require the following details:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Do payment plan agreements with EI have an effect on credit scoring?

Hi ejabrod,

A payment plan allows a customer to extend the payment date on a bill. The bill is not viewed as being overdue once a payment plan is in place and adhered to. However, the payment plan may be cancelled if the plan is not adhered to and the bill will then be considered overdue.

If you have any other questions or queries we would be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Hi ejabrod,

A payment plan allows a customer to extend the payment date on a bill. The bill is not viewed as being overdue once a payment plan is in place and adhered to. However, the payment plan may be cancelled if the plan is not adhered to and the bill will then be considered overdue.

If you have any other questions or queries we would be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________
    That would be a 'no' then?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Sapphire3

Hi Aoife,

I sent you a PM, Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again ejabrod,

That is correct. The creation of a payment plan effectively removes the "overdue" status from a balance, so having the payment plan in place and paying within its terms will not affect a customer's credit scoring.

Regards,
    Una

________

Hi Sapphire3,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have received your private message and will be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement